TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

And the Winner of the Golden Boot is...

Drumroll

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#281 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

As I stated earlier,you need to up your research.

Meh, im up to date with the Super League and the NRL, I'd rather research game by game of Kevin Sinfields inconsistent season, alot of average games are popping into my head.

Edited by 1jordy, 08 January 2013 - 05:14 PM.

St George Illawarra Dragons fan with a Soft Spot for Wigan in the Super League.

#282 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Meh, im up to date with the Super League and the NRL, I'd rather research game by game of Kevin Sinfields inconsistent season.

As you say,meh.
You obviously haven't seen Sinfield play every game this season,some of us on this forum have,he's hardly been inconsistent.
I have mentioned you need to do more thorough research and you come back with a petulant answer.
You claim to be up to date with SL and the NRL,yet you haven't studied the history of the game.I suggest you do that first.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#283 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

As you say,meh.
You obviously haven't seen Sinfield play every game this season,some of us on this forum have,he's hardly been inconsistent.
I have mentioned you need to do more thorough research and you come back with a petulant answer.
You claim to be up to date with SL and the NRL,yet you haven't studied the history of the game.I suggest you do that first.

I have followed the Super League this year believe it or not granted i'm not to familiar with the competitions history ,I have given many points as have many others as to why he isn't the best in the world, I watched plenty of Super League including the cup final on Euro Sports this season, Kevin didn't blot me away, other than maybe the Grand Final and the Semi Final for Leeds he works hard but it doesn't always work for him, I've still yet to hear a valid reason from you as to why he deserves it other than he has good leadership skills and you think he is a good lad, your a Leeds fan so I understand your bias, answer me how a guy who didn't even make the Super League team of the year or not win the Leeds player of the year suddenly become the best Player in the world, all comes down to that for me.

Someone posted this before: I know which player i'd rather have.

Tries: Tomkins 28 - 4 Sinfield
Try assists: Tomkins 33 - 18 Sinfield
Metres made: Tomkins 3438 - 2015 Sinfield
Clean Breaks: Tomkins 39 - 6 Sinfield
Tackle busts: Tomkins 156 - 31 Sinfield
Errors: Tomkins 28 - 27 Sinfield

Edited by 1jordy, 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#284 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have given many points as have many others as to why he isn't the best in the world, I watched plenty of Super League including the cup final on Euro Sports this season, Kevin didn't blot me away, other than maybe the Grand Final and the Semi Final for Leeds he works hard but, I've still yet to hear a valid reason from you as to why he deserves it other than he has good leadership skills and you think he is a good lad, your a Leeds fan so I understand your bias, answer me how a guy who didn't even make the Super League team of the year or not win the Leeds player of the year suddenly become the best Player in the world, all comes down to that for me.

Stats can be used to prove any point you like,there have been other stats in this thread that show Sinfield was superior to Tomkins during the 2012 season.Why should I justify my argument to you,it would fall on deaf ears.Other people have stated why they think he won the award and you have ignored them.I won't waste my time.
At the end of the day,Sinfield has won the award,that can't be changed.Life goes on.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 08 January 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#285 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

The points I made were somewhat fact in the NRL clubs having to do all the travelling in their Pre seasons for a game that gets zero media attention in Australia year by year, your point was a matter of opinion with no facts to back up your theory, try making a valid point if you disagree with my opinion, "because you scared", what are you 12 years old?

the point i made was that its the choice of the nrl clubs to do the traveling as they refuse to host the games themselves . in fact the only time they hosted it wigan beat the broncos in there own backyard and it was well into the australian season by the way. since then no other australian club has taken up the option to host the game . is that a good enough fact for you .
it would also seem that the nrl clubs are indeed scared to host the comp otherwise why do they not do so after all there all cashed up and would have no problem getting media rights sorted out would they.
i make no apoligy for my comment about the nrl clubs been scared as all one of them has to do is host the event and prove me wrong.

by the way sunshine whats my age got to do with it although i am old enough to remember the poms beating the aussies out of sight and come to think of it they made excuses back then as well :rolleyes:
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#286 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

That's incorrect actually, they made the decision to not play any trial games before the World Club Challenge so that was indeed their first Trial game, they played 2 more games when they arrived back in Australia to get into Match Fitness for the start of the NRL season in early March, I still think given the circumstances Wigan should have won that game considering they've been close to the best team in England for some time.

well as you want facts here are some that seem to point to you been incorrect with your facts

13 feb 2011 st george v souths charity shield
18 feb 2011 st george v canterbury mercury challenge
27 feb 2011 wigan v st george world club challenge

so i take it that both souths and canterbury are only minor teams in australia who dont count then

please try get your facts right if you decide to claim they are indeed facts :D :D :D :D

#287 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

the point i made was that its the choice of the nrl clubs to do the traveling as they refuse to host the games themselves . in fact the only time they hosted it wigan beat the broncos in there own backyard and it was well into the australian season by the way. since then no other australian club has taken up the option to host the game . is that a good enough fact for you .
it would also seem that the nrl clubs are indeed scared to host the comp otherwise why do they not do so after all there all cashed up and would have no problem getting media rights sorted out would they.
i make no apoligy for my comment about the nrl clubs been scared as all one of them has to do is host the event and prove me wrong.

by the way sunshine whats my age got to do with it although i am old enough to remember the poms beating the aussies out of sight and come to think of it they made excuses back then as well :rolleyes:

Well said some of these Australians actually think the game started in their country too.I have not seen the last too seasons fully as right now I am living abroad but apart from that I have seen Sinfields full career.You cant fully appreciate any player by watching tv.Just do a bit of esearch into OUR sport young country cousin.
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#288 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I have followed the Super League this year believe it or not granted i'm not to familiar with the competitions history ,I have given many points as have many others as to why he isn't the best in the world, I watched plenty of Super League including the cup final on Euro Sports this season, Kevin didn't blot me away, other than maybe the Grand Final and the Semi Final for Leeds he works hard but it doesn't always work for him, I've still yet to hear a valid reason from you as to why he deserves it other than he has good leadership skills and you think he is a good lad, your a Leeds fan so I understand your bias, answer me how a guy who didn't even make the Super League team of the year or not win the Leeds player of the year suddenly become the best Player in the world, all comes down to that for me.

Why are you comparing Kevin Sinfield to Tomkins?two completey different player's.You see many years ago there was a player probably Leeds greatest ever player used to get the same kind of venom hurled at ,totally unjustified
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#289 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

You cant fully appreciate any player by watching tv.Just do a bit of esearch into OUR sport young country cousin.

To be fair that's not true, it depends on who you are. Watching on TV you can often see replays which can highlight little things like running angles, defensive lines etc. Whilst I agree you can see things at a match that you can't always appreciate on TV, it is also quite common to miss things as it can be so fast in real life.

I think you can absolutely make a decision on players based on watching them on TV (obviously depending how often you see them!).

#290 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

To be fair that's not true, it depends on who you are. Watching on TV you can often see replays which can highlight little things like running angles, defensive lines etc. Whilst I agree you can see things at a match that you can't always appreciate on TV, it is also quite common to miss things as it can be so fast in real life.

I think you can absolutely make a decision on players based on watching them on TV (obviously depending how often you see them!).

Well they cant have been watching the same player as me since 1997 and since 2004 in particular.Stevie Ward said on news of Sinfields award "any one who questions this should play in the same team as the man then they will know"
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#291 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well they cant have been watching the same player as me since 1997 and since 2004 in particular.Stevie Ward said on news of Sinfields award "any one who questions this should play in the same team as the man then they will know"

TBF - we aren;t talking about Sinfield's perfromances from 1997. We are talking about whether he was the best player in the world in 2012.

#292 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

seems our young aussie has bailed out when his facts turned out to be fiction

#293 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Was thinking the same thing.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#294 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

My first time on here in two days, I’m glad you missed me so much, you splurt more ridiculous opinions without any facts more than anyone, talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Edited by 1jordy, 10 January 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#295 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Stats can be used to prove any point you like,there have been other stats in this thread that show Sinfield was superior to Tomkins during the 2012 season.Why should I justify my argument to you,it would fall on deaf ears.Other people have stated why they think he won the award and you have ignored them.I won't waste my time.
At the end of the day,Sinfield has won the award,that can't be changed.Life goes on.

What are these mysterious stats you speak of that proves Sinfield is worthy of this award, I have seen peoples arguments for it and I am yet to see a reason other than he has contributed alot over the years, deserves it for his loyalty/leadership and because he has 1 or 2 good games at the end of the season, all excuses not worthy of making someone THE BEST FOOTBALLER IN THE WORLD, this is not the who is the best lad award or nicest guy award, Kevin Sinfield is not even in the top 20 players in the world, the people arguing against this decision Poms included have made more valid points actually making logical questions about Kevin Sinfields consistently throughout the season, like Kevin not even making the Super League team of the year, very valid point in my opinion that im yet to receive a counterpoint for, if you want to rephrase the award to the Best and fairest award, for his leadership and contributions to English Rugby league than go right ahead and give it to him, he just isn’t as good of a footballer as the rest of the candidates of this award, simple as that.

Edited by 1jordy, 10 January 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#296 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Why are you comparing Kevin Sinfield to Tomkins?two completey different player's.You see many years ago there was a player probably Leeds greatest ever player used to get the same kind of venom hurled at ,totally unjustified

Um, because they were both in contention for the same award, why wouldn't I compare the two when this is supposedly deciding the best footballer in the world, why would I not compare them as footballers, technically the Greatest Leeds player last year was Ryan Hall who won the Leeds Rhino player of the year award, not "the best player in the world Kevin Sinfield"

#297 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

You have no facts to back up those opinions of yours unless you are close friends with the CEO or players of these "scared" NRL clubs and they have told you personally that they're probably after a few drinks and I wasn't saying you are 12 years old, I was saying you act like one with the classic line "because you scared" proving my point, as a 17 year old I can happily say for my lifetime England has been dominated by Australia Internationally in the game of rugby league, nothing matters before 1995 as far as I’m concerned :), considering the Wigan and Brisbane game you speak of happend before I was born I can safely say that says nothing about the state of Rugby league in 2013 and is not an accurate way of predicting what would happen if the WCC was played in Australia today.

Edited by 1jordy, 10 January 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#298 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

well as you want facts here are some that seem to point to you been incorrect with your facts

13 feb 2011 st george v souths charity shield
18 feb 2011 st george v canterbury mercury challenge
27 feb 2011 wigan v st george world club challenge

so i take it that both souths and canterbury are only minor teams in australia who dont count then

please try get your facts right if you decide to claim they are indeed facts :D :D :D :D

The fact that I made you take time out of your day to look this up is funny to me, i'm human I do get facts wrong like everyone else does, I still don't change my opnion on the WCC even though my team won it and on Kevin Sinfield, I think i've made valid points on both those subjects.

Edited by 1jordy, 10 January 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#299 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Double Post.

Edited by 1jordy, 10 January 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#300 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Folks, 1jordy has an opinion and is putting it across well in my opinion. Can we not just agree to,disagree?

FWIW I'm in the Sinfield doesn't deserve it camp but can completely understand people's reasons for supporting his award.

I sometimes think people re deliberately obtuse when discussing things with Aussies because they're Aussies.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users