Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fantastic Achievement

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

For Kevin Sinfield to win the golden boot is a massive achievement for the lad. Not only was he up against some fantastic players to win it, but to be the next Englishman after Hanley, Schofield and Farrell says it all. Can't believe folk are disputing it on the BBC site, I suppose they may not be Leeds fans. I'm not a rhino fan at all but it is well deserved in my view.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Good for him but very strange . Cameron Smith captains Melbourne , Queensland and Australia to success and stars for all of them , and kicks all the goals ... Sorry but the level they're at down there , players like him and Slater are way above Sinfield . Just look when we play Australia and how his impact is minimal . Do it in the NRL or at rep level versus the best and then your in . Just my opinion though , he's dominating in a much smaller pond.

Edited by DavidM, 04 January 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#3 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well done to him,but how can Craig calvert be overlooked again!!!
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#4 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yes Kevin Sinfield as been a great player for a long time and a true gentleman .

#5 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

David M i think i would back sinfield against any kicker in the world of rugby league???????

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

i think jessie joe parker got runner up.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Indeed so , but I just think others have a greater all round game at a higher week in week out standard and top rep level . Heh ho though , he won .

Edited by DavidM, 04 January 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#8 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Johnathon thurston has a better 2012 record for kicking

#9 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Good for him but very strange . Cameron Smith captains Melbourne , Queensland and Australia to success and stars for all of them , and kicks all the goals ... Sorry but the level they're at down there , players like him and Slater are way above Sinfield . Just look when we play Australia and how his impact is minimal . Do it in the NRL or at rep level versus the best and then your in . Just my opinion though , he's dominating in a much smaller pond.

got to agree with you there.

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

We can compare him to Slater or Smith or whoever but he had a superb season and it's about time we talked ourselves up instead of down. If they are all so superhuman why have the likes of Morley, Ellis, Graham, and Burgess all been superstars in the NRL when they have come from our inferior competition. I don't buy it myself they have strength in depth but SL elite players ( Sinfield is included in this list) are a match for the the NRL superstars they are just better at tubthumping.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#11 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thats right Town82 but what i have seem from both i would still have my cash on Sinfield. Only a couple of shilling though.

#12 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

We can compare him to Slater or Smith or whoever but he had a superb season and it's about time we talked ourselves up instead of down. If they are all so superhuman why have the likes of Morley, Ellis, Graham, and Burgess all been superstars in the NRL when they have come from our inferior competition. I don't buy it myself they have strength in depth but SL elite players ( Sinfield is included in this list) are a match for the the NRL superstars they are just better at tubthumping.

Agreed , there is something pretty extraordinary about the way he has lead his written off team to Grand champions over the last 2 seasons and beaten the best of Oz last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users