New signings

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Swinton have signed six players on dual registration from Warrington.

Brad Dwyer, Ryan Shaw, Danny Bridge, Gene Ormsby, Jordan Burke and Gavin Bennion will all make their debuts against Salford on Sunday at the Salford City Stadium (2pm).

"They are all quality players who have come through the ranks at Warrington and we are delighted to have them on board," said coach Steve McCormack.

Dwyer, 19, is a hooker who made nine appearances for Warrington's first team last season, eight as a substitute.

Shaw, 20, is a former England academy centre who has had spells at Castleford and Leigh.

Bridge, 20, is the brother of Warrington half-back Chris. He plays front or back row. He began his career at Waterhead before joining the Wigan academy in 2009 and represented England at both under-15 and under-18 levels.

Ormsby, 20, is a winger while full-back Jordan Burke, 21, skippered the Warrington Under-20s last season and made his first team debut in the Challenge Cup against Keighley.

Bennion, 20 is a front or back row forward who started out at Latchford Albion and played in England’s Academy tour of Australia in August.

Brad Dwyer is the one that should really make us all smile and more importantly give us that fast scrum half we`ve all been hoping for.

#2 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Also one most likely recalled though....
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

This news made Sky Sports News,Lions on sky get in

#4 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Reall quality there. excited isnt the word. ;-)
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

It appears that Santa has dropped of a few late presents, Brad Dwyer's name being the one that stands out. I only hope we have the players to keep up with him!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hopefully these signings will calm some people's nerves.

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

There is some class here amongst these young stars . I am very glad we have young Dwyer i remember seeing him ripping holes in Catalan Dragons in France last year. Ryan Shaw is another great player and a good goal kicker too.
Can't wait for the game tomorrow to see how they all go.

Well done those in charge at the Lions its been a good news week all round for the club.

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

We just need the application for Agecroft to be submitted to top it all off.First two weeks in January Paul Kidd said at the shirt launch.

#9 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

We just need the application for Agecroft to be submitted to top it all off.First two weeks in January Paul Kidd said at the shirt launch.

To be frank, this is getting like the music hall joke: - "How do you keep an idiot in suspense? I'll tell you tomorrow!".

The Kidd version is: "How do you keep Swinton supporters in suspense? Tell them something big's going to happen on Agecroft in the next month or two."

This formula has been stuck to now for 7 years.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#10 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Some definite quality amongst these players, good to see a half back and centre among the positions being covered.

Having so many players in the side whose first call is to another club still doesn't sit comfortably though, afraid to say.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#11 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

You can never please all the people.

#12 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

All I can say is that after this weeks events I shall go to the Salford City Stadium feeling optimistic but mainly proud of being a Swinton supporter

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I for one will be placing a bet in FAVOUR of MY TEAM this coming season in light of these signings
Proud to be a lion
Cant wait for kick off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users