Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Caught by the Police using hand held phone while driving?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

3 penalty points?
£60 fine?
£95 considerate driver course?

Or "suitable words of advice by a Senior Police Officer"... :angry: :angry:

What a tw*t!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,878 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

This is standard practice by the Met so I'm not surprised other forces do similar.

It's too much hassle to properly enforce the rules.

Even for non senior police officers.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I did a little research and found out two things, he wasn't 'caught by police', he was seen and reported by a member of the public. And as the wording of the act says you 'must be seen by police committing the offence', and he wasn't, so there is nothing the police can do, other than accept the word of a member of the public (which they seem to have done) over their politicaly imposed master, and have given him words of advice. It was either words of advice or do nothing. They did something and still get criticised.
Hadn't heard of this person before, but reading some of the stories in the papers, have to agree with Old Faithful - What a Tw*t. (It was twit, wasn't it?)

Edited by Jasper, 05 January 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I did a little research and found out two things, he wasn't 'caught by police', he was seen and reported by a member of the public. And as the wording of the act says you 'must be seen by police committing the offence', and he wasn't, so there is nothing the police can do, other than accept the word of a member of the public (which they seem to have done) over their politicaly imposed master, and have given him words of advice. It was either words of advice or do nothing. They did something and still get criticised.
Hadn't heard of this person before, but reading some of the stories in the papers, have to agree with Old Faithful - What a Tw*t. (It was twit, wasn't it?)

The Humber Bridge has CCTV Cameras, did the Police think it too much trouble to nail him on video perhaps?

Oh, and who is "Old Faithful".... :huh:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#5 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

3 penalty points?
£60 fine?
£95 considerate driver course?

Or "suitable words of advice by a Senior Police Officer"... :angry: :angry:

Can I vote for summary execution?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Can I vote for summary execution?

Nope. I can't wait that long.

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Nope. I can't wait that long.

On the spot fine for that one, mate.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image

Oops .........

#9 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Gene Autry's oss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users