TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

First effects of the new development system

Wakefield Adam Slater

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#141 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Only because most clubs didn't initially realise the importance of junior development,instead choosing to go the import route,or not putting enough resources into junior development.

Mr. K can be peed off all he likes, and yes Leeds realised the importance of junior development years ago and appointed Dean Bell to kick it off then Wigan swiftly followed and Bell was poached by Wigan.

The ever so evil licensing system was part brought in to make clubs find and bring on quality young British players and turn them into professionals, as far as I recall we've had six or seven years of that. Look at the 220 GB players in Superleague 45 come from Leeds and wigan and 69 from overseas.

Other clubs can't find enough quality junior "material" at least so far. "Material" is a bad word but so is the word "develop". You can't develop a player into a quality pro without him having adequate basic talent unless I'm missing something.

And so it comes to pass such as Wakefield academy win the academy championship and it doesn't translate into anything, you'll only find a couple of quality Wakefield born players in SL.

The salary cap is supposed to even this out, problem one is several clubs can't afford the cap so those spending less like HKR, Cas, Salford etc lose their best young players to the big boys who already have the best. problem two is if any club finds a rich buyer like Mr. O'Connor, when he looks on the market for a player to buy there's hardly any to buy because of the talent shortage. Ken Davey's been at the front of the also rans queue for a decade or more now.

Problem three is when Ellis, Taylor, Fisher, Moon etc become available all things are even amongst the clubs with the money but who do they choose to go to?? Widnes? London? No chance. We know that once the money is pretty even the available top players want to go where the trophies are and will take less money to go there, and that perpetuates things.

You then get nonsenses like these campaigns for SL from clubs who don't even have the money the failing SL clubs have. Then you get HKR's Tony Larvin pledging to spend £15M on top players. Which top players from where? The assumption that you have money means you can buy a quality team isn't there due to the player shortage, as for those who don't have money, they are clearly dreaming.

So Mr.K can suit himself but he knows that to improve anything you have got to work out what's wrong with it.

Mo (idiot 1) recognised the lack of resources including players, so did the RFL (Idiots 2) so Mo looked to spreading the game outside the north (laughs all round), and the RFL have been busy in Barcelona, France, Gateshead, South and north Wales, London, and opening an academy in Cumbria. Then oxford, gloucester etc etc and even looked to Scotland and Ireland.

But of course a widely held opinion on here is they are idiots and it'll never work. Well it just might not be working up here either.

Edited by The Parksider, 10 January 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#142 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Tony Larvin has not pledged to spend 15 million pounds on top players.That is nonsense.
Where did you get this distorted information that he is going to spend the 15 million pounds on top players from?

Edited by Dennis Bloodnock, 10 January 2013 - 07:16 AM.

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#143 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Mr. K can be peed off all he likes, and yes Leeds realised the importance of junior development years ago and appointed Dean Bell to kick it off then Wigan swiftly followed and Bell was poached by Wigan.

The ever so evil licensing system was part brought in to make clubs find and bring on quality young British players and turn them into professionals, as far as I recall we've had six or seven years of that. Look at the 220 GB players in Superleague 45 come from Leeds and wigan and 69 from overseas.

Other clubs can't find enough quality junior "material" at least so far. "Material" is a bad word but so is the word "develop". You can't develop a player into a quality pro without him having adequate basic talent unless I'm missing something.

And so it comes to pass such as Wakefield academy win the academy championship and it doesn't translate into anything, you'll only find a couple of quality Wakefield born players in SL.

The salary cap is supposed to even this out, problem one is several clubs can't afford the cap so those spending less like HKR, Cas, Salford etc lose their best young players to the big boys who already have the best. problem two is if any club finds a rich buyer like Mr. O'Connor, when he looks on the market for a player to buy there's hardly any to buy because of the talent shortage. Ken Davey's been at the front of the also rans queue for a decade or more now.

Problem three is when Ellis, Taylor, Fisher, Moon etc become available all things are even amongst the clubs with the money but who do they choose to go to?? Widnes? London? No chance. We know that once the money is pretty even the available top players want to go where the trophies are and will take less money to go there, and that perpetuates things.

You then get nonsenses like these campaigns for SL from clubs who don't even have the money the failing SL clubs have. Then you get HKR's Tony Larvin pledging to spend £15M on top players. Which top players from where? The assumption that you have money means you can buy a quality team isn't there due to the player shortage, as for those who don't have money, they are clearly dreaming.

So Mr.K can suit himself but he knows that to improve anything you have got to work out what's wrong with it.

Mo (idiot 1) recognised the lack of resources including players, so did the RFL (Idiots 2) so Mo looked to spreading the game outside the north (laughs all round), and the RFL have been busy in Barcelona, France, Gateshead, South and north Wales, London, and opening an academy in Cumbria. Then oxford, gloucester etc etc and even looked to Scotland and Ireland.

But of course a widely held opinion on here is they are idiots and it'll never work. Well it just might not be working up here either.

Great post.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#144 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Tony Larvin has not pledged to spend 15 million pounds on top players.That is nonsense.
Where did you get this distorted information that he is going to spend the 15 million pounds on top players from?

"I want Rovers to be financially secure for years and years to come. Investing an eight figure sum sounds a lot, but the plans we have in mind will soon eat into that."

Marquee players he called them.

Now it's my turn - How is he going to attract ANY marquee players?

Edited by The Parksider, 10 January 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#145 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Don't forget St Helens in your development hall of fame.

Don't also forget your constant refrain, "Money, money, money". On the one hand clubs, even Leeds and on a good day Wigan, have to be under the salary cap, so they can't just sign uo everybody in sight. Remember they can't afford to do so now and are having to send the residue to Hunslet, South Wales or Rochdale.

Also on the money front, if other clubs get big investors, as say Salford or Hull KR appear to be doing, and they cannot spend beyond the salary cap and in any case the players are not there to be signed, what is to prvent them from approaching promising juniors and offering them more than Leeds or Wigan to sign for their clubs. or to set up development officers in say Salford and Manchester and found junior teams to tap the undoubted potential of such a large population area and develop their own talent. Leeds did, Wigan did.

Even Huddersfield, who you relegate to second tier status in the player development field have half a dozen England players, whom they have developed through their junior ranks or poached from the big boys like Robinson from Wigan.

Hull are the next to produce talent but have only just seriously gone in that direction. let' see if persons money talks there.

Widnes are new to the scene. Their juniors apparently have a lot of promise but are not ready yet. Time will tell if the O'Connor money brings the required success. If they do then O'Connor's money will be instrumental in keeping them at Widnes and away from the big boys. MONEY,MONEY,MONEY.

Leeds and Wigan do not have a lock on any non heartland produced players from London, the midlands, the north east Scotland, Ireland and Wales or even France not to mention PNG, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa etc. Any club with the money can recruit from all these sources as well as developing their own juniors and can catch up with the front runners. Those who do not have the resources will have to be more creative, have a better scouting and coaching set up and produce good teams as and when they can. As you know it's all about MONEY. Sheffield, in the CC, are an example of how to find a winning team by scouting, recuruitment and coaching.

As for Mo, give over. How many SL players are from Barcelona or Paris or even Ireland and Scotland. Cumbroa has been producing players incer year dot and Mo had nothing to do with it. Mo was long gome before there was any movement in Wales. All players from all areas are howver able to be signed by any team with MONEY.

The RFL jumped on the small vehicle ignited by Lionel Hirst when he founded the summer conference, saw the potential and took advantage of Govt. grants to promote it to the size it is today.Kudos to them for seeing the opportunity presented to them ny Hirst. I reiterate however, that any players produced from these area are up fro grabs by the teams with the most MONEY.

The new CC1 expansion teams are embryonic and who knows if they will even survive but if the intention in expanding to these areas was ultimately only in order to produce extra players for SL and not to ultimately expand the geographical footprint on the game, including SL, then that is sad but not surprising. It also flies in the face of the ambitions of your White Knight, Saint Mo.

You should change your user name to Parksider, aka Dr No.

#146 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

"I want Rovers to be financially secure for years and years to come. Investing an eight figure sum sounds a lot, but the plans we have in mind will soon eat into that."

In his full quote Larvin said that the first 5m pounds would go on erasing the clubs debts and development for a new South stand.He goes on to mention,playing staff,backroom staff,
ground improvments,sports science ,building up the acadamy"because the youth side is the future". 4G pitch,indoor pitch,sports barn and gym.
You said he was spending 15million pounds on top players(your quote) so you are clearly going in the realms of fantasy on this.
Non of this investment in the club has come about as yet and you want me to tell you "how is he going to attract ANY marquee players?
You seem to think if you type something on here and nobody pulls you up for things that are not true ,that allows you to think it is set in stone.

#147 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

In his full quote Larvin said that the first 5m pounds would go on erasing the clubs debts and development for a new South stand.He goes on to mention,playing staff,backroom staff,
ground improvments,sports science ,building up the acadamy"because the youth side is the future". 4G pitch,indoor pitch,sports barn and gym.
You said he was spending 15million pounds on top players(your quote) so you are clearly going in the realms of fantasy on this.
Non of this investment in the club has come about as yet and you want me to tell you "how is he going to attract ANY marquee players?
You seem to think if you type something on here and nobody pulls you up for things that are not true ,that allows you to think it is set in stone.

The point was that he was pledging millions to buy marquee players to make HKR a top side.

You seem to think that's it's good debate to hang on people shoulder and get picky about phrasiology that opens up a point.

It was £15M and we yet await to see wether he'll spend it and what he will spend it on and how.

your doing the same as the other mean spirited type on here who don't want to debate points but have a go. You read a post and then reply by "you this" and "you that". Then you wonder why I have no interest in answering any of your posts.

Don't bother asking me anything again, especially when I ask YOU a question you don't answer it. The site is for people to debate points not try to pick a personal spat with "you this" and "you that". Put me on ignore keyboard warrior if you have managed to make an unfavourable personal assessment of me over the ether, and you don't like me for what I type.

Edited by The Parksider, 11 January 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#148 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Don't also forget your constant refrain, "Money, money, money".

Widnes are new to the scene. Their juniors apparently have a lot of promise but are not ready yet. Time will tell if the O'Connor money brings the required success. If they do then O'Connor's money will be instrumental in keeping them at Widnes and away from the big boys. MONEY,MONEY,MONEY.

As for Mo, give over. How many SL players are from Barcelona or Paris or even Ireland and Scotland. Cumbroa has been producing players incer year dot and Mo had nothing to do with it. Mo was long gome before there was any movement in Wales. All players from all areas are howver able to be signed by any team with MONEY.

:blink:

Maybe we should turn amateur again.

#149 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

The point was that he was pledging millions to buy marquee players to make HKR a top side.

You seem to think that's it's good debate to hang on people shoulder and get picky about phrasiology that opens up a point.

It was £15M and we yet await to see wether he'll spend it and what he will spend it on and how.

your doing the same as the other mean spirited type on here who don't want to debate points but have a go. You read a post and then reply by "you this" and "you that". Then you wonder why I have no interest in answering any of your posts.

Don't bother asking me anything again, especially when I ask YOU a question you don't answer it. The site is for people to debate points not try to pick a personal spat with "you this" and "you that". Put me on ignore keyboard warrior if you have managed to make an unfavourable personal assessment of me over the ether, and you don't like me for what I type.

Then you get Tony Larvin pledging to spend 15million pounds on top players"
This is what you said.I kindly pointed out to you that he never said that.You are making things up that are not true.
Then you want me to know who these marquee players are.
He hasn't as far as I know put any money in to Hull KR as yet
How could I know what players if any he has in mind ?
What do you mean by keyboard warrior.?
All I ask is that if you are making statements try and stick to the truth and not make things up.

#150 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Then you get Tony Larvin pledging to spend 15million pounds on top players"
This is what you said.I kindly pointed out to you that he never said that.You are making things up that are not true.
Then you want me to know who these marquee players are.
He hasn't as far as I know put any money in to Hull KR as yet
How could I know what players if any he has in mind ?
What do you mean by keyboard warrior.?
All I ask is that if you are making statements try and stick to the truth and not make things up.

He's typical of many people who announce they want to put a lot of money into a club and will sign players to make it a better club.

That he hasn't put a penny in or signed anyone does not detract from the point I was making that no matter if he DID put £15M into the club which he has not, and no matter if he DID look to sign marquee players then he'd have a job finding any to sign, he'd have a job going over the cap and he'd have a job trying to sell them HKR when such as Wigan are on offer.

It's a bit too much to turn this into accusations that when I say something if it is by your interpretation not 100% accurate factual and the exact words he said and actions he took it's a lie.

My view is Larvin has spoken about pumping millions into marquee signings, maybe Koukash will do the same. So that leads me to try to discuss how they will do this.

It leads you into personal accusations I do not tell the truth, hence I am a liar, and that I like to post things from the point of view of expecting them to be "set in stone".

Given I am the only one on here who tends to offer other posters the opportunity to correct things ("corrections welcome") and that I politely thank people for relevant corrections and am happy that we get to the truth in any area of relevance then I think your focus on me rather than the debate is unfair.

Dennis you may think exactly the opposite, and our failure to be able to converse face to face when we would understand each other better, and when you would not rush so quickly to the idea I tell lies and expect people to believe them, and I may not then rush to get all shirty, may be the problem so I suggest we beg to differ.

If Mr. Larvin has not spoken about pumping ,millions into HKR to in part chase "marquee" signings (which I still think he did) then I will apologise for suggesting he did.

Edited by The Parksider, 11 January 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#151 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

1. Don't forget St Helens in your development hall of fame.

2. Don't also forget your constant refrain, "Money, money, money". On the one hand clubs, even Leeds and on a good day Wigan, have to be under the salary cap, so they can't just sign uo everybody in sight.

3. Also on the money front, if other clubs get big investors, as say Salford or Hull KR appear to be doing, and they cannot spend beyond the salary cap and in any case the players are not there to be signed, what is to prevent them from approaching promising juniors and offering them more than Leeds or Wigan to sign for their clubs.

4. Even Huddersfield, who you relegate to second tier status in the player development field have half a dozen England players, whom they have developed through their junior ranks or poached from the big boys like Robinson from Wigan.

5. Widnes are new to the scene. Their juniors apparently have a lot of promise but are not ready yet.

6. Hull are the next to produce talent

1. 40 years ago St. Helens, Wigan and Widnes produced the vast majority of players for the Lancashire clubs. Today Saints have seven overseas players and lads from London, Hull, Cumbria, Wigan and Oldham that forms the strength of their current forst XV11. Don't you find that worrying?

2. Once Leeds, Wigan, Wire and Saints have signed the very best talents, they have to sign ordinary players to make up the numbers. I would put it to you that most of the top stars are in the playing squads of these four clubs and that's why they are the only serious contenders for honours.

3. I don't know. I know Salford offered Richie Myler more money than he could get at the time, and Hardakers only offer came from Featherstone as he was missed. Where are these two players now???

4. Wigan didn't poach Robinson, you'd better PM Padge on that. Brett Hodgson was a sensation at Huddersfield then Warrington just took him. Why don't the big four clubs sign Cudjoe, Crabtree and Brough? Maybe they have players just as good.

5. Are you kidding me here??? Widnes were producing fantastic juniors right through the 70's and 80's. do you want me to name a GB team of Widnes born players? Do you want me to name a near all Featherstone born X111 who won the cup, then do you want to consider that these fantastic production lines have faltered and in some cases died?

6. Now you are being funny. The Hull first XV11 has only a sprinkling of Hull lads

Mr. Davey has been around for some time now and as far as I know he's no problem funding his club. When do you think they will eventually break through if ever??

The point is simple. There's a talent shortage and yes clubs need money to obtain quality players first, after that they need to find them.

#152 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

i was in conversation with a s'l scout. the man travels all over yorkshire, watching games at all levels, and he told me there was a dearth of talent at all levels.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#153 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

:blink:

Maybe we should turn amateur again.

What that has to do with the points in my postm, I have ni idea.

#154 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

What that has to do with the points in my postm, I have ni idea.

"Money" seems to be a common theme as a problem in your posts.

Pretty obvious, I thought.

#155 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

1. 40 years ago St. Helens, Wigan and Widnes produced the vast majority of players for the Lancashire clubs. Today Saints have seven overseas players and lads from London, Hull, Cumbria, Wigan and Oldham that forms the strength of their current forst XV11. Don't you find that worrying?

2. Once Leeds, Wigan, Wire and Saints have signed the very best talents, they have to sign ordinary players to make up the numbers. I would put it to you that most of the top stars are in the playing squads of these four clubs and that's why they are the only serious contenders for honours.

3. I don't know. I know Salford offered Richie Myler more money than he could get at the time, and Hardakers only offer came from Featherstone as he was missed. Where are these two players now???

4. Wigan didn't poach Robinson, you'd better PM Padge on that. Brett Hodgson was a sensation at Huddersfield then Warrington just took him. Why don't the big four clubs sign Cudjoe, Crabtree and Brough? Maybe they have players just as good.

5. Are you kidding me here??? Widnes were producing fantastic juniors right through the 70's and 80's. do you want me to name a GB team of Widnes born players? Do you want me to name a near all Featherstone born X111 who won the cup, then do you want to consider that these fantastic production lines have faltered and in some cases died?

6. Now you are being funny. The Hull first XV11 has only a sprinkling of Hull lads

Mr. Davey has been around for some time now and as far as I know he's no problem funding his club. When do you think they will eventually break through if ever??

The point is simple. There's a talent shortage and yes clubs need money to obtain quality players first, after that they need to find them.

I cannot be bothered responding to all that. However, the key to the whole thing is your last sentence.

The point I am making is that if all this new and impressive looking investment comes into other teams, i.e. Salford, Hull KR, Hull added to the already susbtantial contributions of O'Connor and Davey ( By the way Huddersfield have definitely moved into top tier staus despite their spectacular collpase last year and if the players they have developed are not up to standard, why are they playing for England), and Glover, why can they not challenge Leeds and Wigan for the top juniors and the top overseas players. The salary cap prevents Wigan or others signing up everybody and now these other teams have or will have money, they can compete. They can sign top juniors and Australians and develop their own junior player development systems over time.

Money will equalise the spread of talent. You quote Myler.Also what about Ratchford If they wwere at at Salford when the new money regime is in place, do you think they would have been signed up so easily by Warrington.? My opinion is they would have stayed at the new and ambitious Salford.

Money is the key and , in the past, only the teams you quote had it. This seems to be changing and it will result in a bigger spread of the available talent between more clubs.

#156 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

"Money" seems to be a common theme as a problem in your posts.

Pretty obvious, I thought.

Money is the key to the success or not of RL. Many posters on here reference money or the lack of it in their various arguments. I don't think any of them and certainly not me have suggested the game should become amateur.

#157 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Money is the key to the success or not of RL. Many posters on here reference money or the lack of it in their various arguments. I don't think any of them and certainly not me have suggested the game should become amateur.

I'm suggesting it to you as a discussion point.

Or you can justify why on the field performances should take priority over anything else.

#158 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm suggesting it to you as a discussion point.

Or you can justify why on the field performances should take priority over anything else.

I do not suggest that.I am in favour of on field performance getting a club to the top but actual elevation being supported by standards based citeria, one of which is financial stability.

#159 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I do not suggest that.I am in favour of on field performance getting a club to the top but actual elevation being supported by standards based citeria, one of which is financial stability.

Then I don't understand why you sneer at Parky for mentioning money. :mellow:

#160 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,717 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

1. I cannot be bothered responding to all that.

2. The point I am making is that if all this new and impressive looking investment comes into other teams, i.e. Salford, Hull KR, Hull added to the already susbtantial contributions of O'Connor and Davey and Glover, why can they not challenge Leeds and Wigan for the top juniors and the top overseas players.

3. Money will equalise the spread of talent.

1. You can't be bothered because you can't answer it.

2. It isn't happening, many top players have remained "loyal" to the top four clubs and openly wanted medals (even a statue) for that stating they had received better offers elsewhere, but wanted to stay. I have heard players more honestly saying they signed because they wanted to win things, that happens in soccer they move from top ten clubs to top four clubs. Top players don't want to end up the big fish in a small pond club with the burden of trying to take the club up the table on their own back. Lautiti had equal offers from Hull and Leeds who did he choose. Leeds.

You still don't get it with Huddersfield or "England". We've been so short of talent even Karl Pratt and Stuart Reardon got games for Great Britain with respect to them. Huddersfield have won nothing, and Hodgson left a club who could pay him what he wanted for Warrington. All you need for the top four to dominate any challenger is for one of them to lure the challengers best player away. It does more damage off the pitch than on it.

3. We'll see how it goes, but there is NO argument or proof now that even money will equal even teams. The top 28 players will not spread out at two per club which is your wishful thinking theory. Nobody wants to go to London who can pay full cap. Why do Leeds win so much? It's because they don't even have to buy top players, they come through the juniors and play for significantly less money.

And this is the the reality, you need to fund full cap to get above the skint clubs, then once there you need to produce the quality juniors. These only come through at a rate of one a year at the top clubs, so down at your Wakefields and Widnes's they only produce a star once every couple of years or so.

With no prospect of any cups with their clubs these lads are prone to moving to a top club. Ricjie Myler's a great Widnes born star. Why's he not at Widnes now O'Connor can afford him?

Is there a solution to a negative post? Not now there isn't if it's grow your own stars if they aren't there to buy. The game is too short of quality kids at too many so called "super" clubs to develop into stars, and even the lads who do shine at local junior clubs will look straight to the top four academies.

Progress is possible but only on a radical basis. One club in Hull, one club in "Calder" with everyone behind it just may capture the huge resources in playing talent and fans and challenge the top four monopoly.

However if it came to Pass Hull or Featherstone grew their clubs into big outfits with academies capturing all the talent in their areas, and interesting all the fans then I fear that St. Helens who are slightly dropping off the pace and still reliant on overseas would suffer and we'd still have a "big four". Bradford lost their big four place to Warrington.

Whose next to lose their big four place to who is the real question in the real world......

Not how many club will join the big four to make it the big 5,6,7,8.

The dearth of talent could even lead to a big three for some time to come, then the big two and finally we may end up having tried try to follow the NRL but ended up like the SPL. Especially if Moran ever leaves the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users