Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
341 replies to this topic

#301 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Well aye, id have to waych sl if that's where they played. But that would be my total commitment to sl until p&r is returned.
I would have no other option. I have no other protest.
I will live with the choices I make. C'est la vie!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#302 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I don't see many SL fans stating they would boycott certain elements of RL,a symptom that seems to be prevalent in Featherstone,a so called hot bed of Rugby League.In Featherstone the double standard is king.

a so called hotbed? your scouts certainly don't need a satnav to find us, thats for sure
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#303 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

a so called hotbed? your scouts certainly don't need a satnav to find us, thats for sure

It doesn't seem to filter to the supporters does it.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#304 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

It doesn't seem to filter to the supporters does it.

We've given you arguably the best full back in our country and you still moan at us. What more do you want?

#305 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

We've given you arguably the best full back in our country and you still moan at us. What more do you want?

given?

#306 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

given?

I know they bought him robin but the money should have been hell of a lot more IMO.

#307 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

He played very few first team games gaz. We got an absolute mint for him by today's standards.
Given the climate we couldn't have done better. 3 clubs bidding for him made mark a happy bloke.

#308 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

He played very few first team games gaz. We got an absolute mint for him by today's standards.
Given the climate we couldn't have done better. 3 clubs bidding for him made mark a happy bloke.

Maybe robin but I would rather of kept him. But if tomkins ever leaves Wigan they will get a hefty pay day I'm sure and Zak isn't that far behind tomkins.

#309 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Maybe robin but I would rather of kept him.

Given the choice, the wad or zac? I'd take the wad leeds were wafting every time, particularly after wire upped their bid!! That was massive to fev and secure the cc winning season with the briggsy money.

Edited by Robin Evans, 08 January 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#310 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Given the choice, the wad or zac? I'd take the wad leeds were wafting every time, particularly after wire upped their bid!! That was massive to fev and secure the cc winning season with the briggsy money.

On that note robin with our youngsters at the minute I'm sure some will be following Zak in the not too distant future as we have some great young talent.

#311 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Could name a few already but don't want to alert other clubs ;)

What time we sitting Friday Robin?
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#312 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Top house for tea 5.30. The brethren will be gathering.
Then to post office rd to watch some rugby n talk sheeeeite for a couple of hours.
Are you going to be able to make out that big green thing that is the pitch so soon after surgery? ?

#313 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Can half see out em so will give it a go. Can't be any worse than watching at Don Valley!!

Edited by sidnee, 08 January 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#314 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Kevin brown as signed for you this season not last. Also if you paid a lot of money for that tripe then your BOD is thick not me. PS you still finished with the wooden spoon.

and a different league than featherstone. so who would you have instead of kev brown? andy kain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#315 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Any day.

#316 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I don't see many SL fans stating they would boycott certain elements of RL

They don't have to state it. Conspicuous by their absence at the Championship Grand Finals day, not to mention Challenge Cup and play off ties. Should Rovers get to SL Robin stated that he would watch his team and also continue to support the Championship. Could do with more fans like that I'd say.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 08 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#317 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

You are far too sensitive and defensive.

I asked the question to give you an opportunity to explain all the good things this means for your club, your team and the game as a whole.

I reckoned that if you could not explain why, then no one could. At one point, you almost got it, but have suffered a relapse.

Rugby league has suffered far too long from an inability to articulate what is good about it. For Rovers to succeed at the highest level it has to do more than attract disaffected fans from other clubs..there is no net benefit to the game in doing this. It must attract new fans, new sponsors and new investors. Investors not donors. Investors want something back..a return. If committed fans such as you can't explain why someone should invest, then why expect us to understand. " because we were shafted" or " because Super-dooper is immoral" are not sufficient arguments .

I trust that this new investment does happen and that it delivers what everyone has worked for.

John my problem is the fact that you don't ask the same questions on other threads but have done on positive news about my club.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#318 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

All the SL fans I know are primarily fans of the game as a whole. Most of the Championships fans I know are primarily fans of the game as a whole. There are a few, a very few Championship fans who have declared themselves on this forum as fans only of their club and who spurn SL despite living off the benefits that SL has brought to the game.

Strange because the majority of championship fans I speak to have very little time for SL. Perhaps you don't attend enough championship games to see the big picture.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#319 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

As I've stated,I'd love to see Fev back in SL but stating you boycott SL but would still watch your club in SL is double standards ,is it not?

Not

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 08 January 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#320 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,921 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Strange because the majority of championship fans I speak to have very little time for SL. Perhaps you don't attend enough championship games to see the big picture.

Strange because all the Championship fans I know, and I know quite a few, enjoy SL watch it on TV regularly and even go to the odd big game.

Isn't that most strange.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users