Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

And so the points scoring 'us n them' continues ffs
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#322 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

They don't have to state it. Conspicuous by their absence at the Championship Grand Finals day, not to mention Challenge Cup and play off ties. Should Rovers get to SL Robin stated that he would watch his team and also continue to support the Championship. Could do with more fans like that I'd say.

Exactly Terry. At least Robin gets of is ###### and does exactly what he preaches and supports other championship clubs. I suggested the other day that if these so called lovers of the game cared so much then they would watch London Broncos more often instead of there own clubs.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#323 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Strange because all the Championship fans I know, and I know quite a few, enjoy SL watch it on TV regularly and even go to the odd big game.

Isn't that most strange.

Very strange I did not know you were a regular at Championship games. If you care so much about the game that you attend championship games instead if watching mighty Wigan then fair play to you.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#324 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Exactly Terry. At least Robin gets of is ###### and does exactly what he preaches and supports other championship clubs. I suggested the other day that if these so called lovers of the game cared so much then they would watch London Broncos more often instead of there own clubs.

do you go and watch London Skolars?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#325 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

do you go and watch London Skolars?

Don't see how this is relevent. If the Skolars don't survive then we have not lost our so called flag ship London club. London Broncos is so important to the game (or thats what I keep being told), so if the gates don't increase the club could disapear. Surely if you and the rest of I love the game gang let this happen then you are putting your clubs before the game.

#326 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

so who would you have instead of kev brown? andy kain :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, absolutely

#327 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

A few of us fev fans went to the dews fax game last sunday.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#328 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,917 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

By peddling Ignorant nonsense like that you are doing the reputation of Featherstone supporters no good at all, which is a shame given the silent majority of sensible fans at Rovers. Some of the the people you call "so called" lovers of the game have given more to the game than you can possibly imagine. Still, Rovers will soon be in SuperLeague, which will no doubt cause you to enjoy even more sham moral indignation.

#329 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

By peddling Ignorant nonsense like that you are doing the reputation of Featherstone supporters no good at all, which is a shame given the silent majority of sensible fans at Rovers. Some of the the people you call "so called" lovers of the game have given more to the game than you can possibly imagine. Still, Rovers will soon be in SuperLeague, which will no doubt cause you to enjoy even more sham moral indignation.

And posting your ignorant nonsense gives you your aragant reputation. So you know the majority of Fev fans better than me, who are you some kind of god.

I'll take my chances with other Fev fans cheers, I can confidently say that my posts won't ruin there reputations, well maybe with the likes of you but I think we can live easily with that.

So any chance of answering the question why don't the thousands of Wigan, Leeds and Wire fans attend more Broncos games, if you claim to love the game so much?

Getting late now so going to bed but you probably know that without me telling you.

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 08 January 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#330 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

mmmmm the majority are silent but you know what they think. spooky!!!!!!
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#331 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,049 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Good luck to Fev, the closed shop with no P and R is no good in any sport and i for one would welcome a 2 tier SL with P and R.

All a closed shop does is provide many poor quality matches at the lower end of the table and also stops investment in clubs outside of SL.

Bring it on:)

CM

So would I
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#332 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,917 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

And posting your ignorant nonsense gives you your aragant reputation. So you know the majority of Fev fans better than me, who are you some kind of god.

I'll take my chances with other Fev fans cheers, I can confidently say that my posts won't ruin there reputations, well maybe with the likes of you but I think we can live easily with that.

So any chance of answering the question why don't the thousands of Wigan, Leeds and Wire fans attend more Broncos games, if you claim to love the game so much?

Getting late now so going to bed but you probably know that without me telling you.

It's no good you just repeating the words I've used. No prizes for second place. As for your question about Wigan, Leeds and Wires fans, its pointless and I'd have though that you 'd find talking about SuperLeague morally repugnant.

This thread is supposed to be about the good news that someone is about to invest a seven figure sum into the club so that it can earn its place in SuperLeague. Instead, you've managed to turn it into an irrational diatribe against the very ranks you wish to join at the same time as confirming the stereotype that you so desperately want to avoid.

Here is a chance for the club to say goodbye forever to the dark days of November 2002 and enter the elite for the first time in the clubs existence and all you try to do is argue with everyone and anyone. Shame on you.

#333 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 593 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Here is a chance for the club to say goodbye forever to the dark days of November 2002 and enter the elite for the first time in the clubs existence and all you try to do is argue with everyone and anyone. Shame on you.

Enter the elite for the first time ? Where have you been ?
Don't you know Rugby League was in existance well before "Super League".
Rovers have won the RL challenge cup three times in my life time. Have also won the first division championship in 1976/77 after being runners up in the previous season. First division champions - something that Leeds and Warrington never achieved. I would say that when Rovers were winning these honours they were most definitely part of the elite.
Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#334 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

It's no good you just repeating the words I've used. No prizes for second place. As for your question about Wigan, Leeds and Wires fans, its pointless and I'd have though that you 'd find talking about SuperLeague morally repugnant.

This thread is supposed to be about the good news that someone is about to invest a seven figure sum into the club so that it can earn its place in SuperLeague. Instead, you've managed to turn it into an irrational diatribe against the very ranks you wish to join at the same time as confirming the stereotype that you so desperately want to avoid.

john. You started the bile on page 3 of this thread!! The shame, if there is any to be apportioned, should be daubed on your back.
But hey ho.
Like I say, tge deal struck to secure fevs future and give craig the clout to back up his licence app is, for me at least, enough to be going on with fo now.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#335 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Rhinos on a Friday night,watch my son on a Saturday morning,open age Saturday afternoon,Championship or Championship 1 game on a Sunday.is that good enough.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#336 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Magnificent twig! If you enjoy it, I cant think of a better weekend unless you put a tumble nigella into the equation!
But I think you miss Terry's point. I would suggest there are few like you

Edited by Robin Evans, 09 January 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#337 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Do you people realise how childish and pathetic you appear?

#338 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

He statted it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#339 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Your post like usual as so many holes in it, most of them pointed out by JimmyB already. The thread as gone a different way because some members have deflected it that way (most probably to your delight).

My question is not pointless, some of you reckon to care more about the game than some of us people who boycott SL because of the unfair franchise system. Where is the proof that you do. By watching your big SL clubs every week and then turning upto internationals when these sides are made up of stars from your clubs is not what I would call proof. In fact I would say that this would be pretty easy to follow and then preach about it like you do.

#340 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Rhinos on a Friday night,watch my son on a Saturday morning,open age Saturday afternoon,Championship or Championship 1 game on a Sunday.is that good enough.

Terry, I think the amount of RL you watch in supporting the ameteur game upto SL is great. If I did not work away from home so much I would try to keep up with you minus the Rhinos game. I just do not agree with the franchise system and a boycott is the only way I feel I can voice my concerns.

You can call me an hypocrite all you want, it will not change my mind. By the way I love your passion for the game, it certainly can't be questoned. I am one major decision from feeling exactly like you and that is the re-introduction of P&R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users