£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
341 replies to this topic

#21 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

First excellent news and even though we are rivals, great for the Fev club and fans. I have a number of friends who follow Fev and am really glad after the hardship years of the 90s and early 00s, Fev are going so well on and off the field. I look forward to hearing the exact details.
Well thats another Championship club thatn an investor is not just throwing money at but getting involved helping out. According to some on here such things never happen. People including money men are interested and do want to get involved not just at SL but also Championship clubs. I hope Fev, Fax etc keep building both on and off the field. Its important to use the money when its their for the right areas and not just for the first team. Fax, Sheffield and Fev have been doing that by improving standards at their grounds they use with their partners as well as running academy teams-something a number of SL teams have problems with. The good thing is teams like Fev, Fax, Sheffield are pushing the bar higher in the Championship and also makes some clubs in SL maybe realize they have to sort themselves out or they could easily be replaced.

#22 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,288 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

First excellent news and even though we are rivals, great for the Fev club and fans. I have a number of friends who follow Fev and am really glad after the hardship years of the 90s and early 00s, Fev are going so well on and off the field. I look forward to hearing the exact details.
Well thats another Championship club thatn an investor is not just throwing money at but getting involved helping out. According to some on here such things never happen. People including money men are interested and do want to get involved not just at SL but also Championship clubs. I hope Fev, Fax etc keep building both on and off the field. Its important to use the money when its their for the right areas and not just for the first team. Fax, Sheffield and Fev have been doing that by improving standards at their grounds they use with their partners as well as running academy teams-something a number of SL teams have problems with. The good thing is teams like Fev, Fax, Sheffield are pushing the bar higher in the Championship and also makes some clubs in SL maybe realize they have to sort themselves out or they could easily be replaced.

So the plan is working then.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

......and some hooky cables from cas

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

The individual involved wishes to remain annonymous until after Monday, and yes it is true.

My source is extremely reliable.

Even so, I still can't believe Sinfield got the Golden Boot.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#25 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

The good thing is teams like Fev, Fax, Sheffield are pushing the bar higher in the Championship and also makes some clubs in SL maybe realize they have to sort themselves out or they could easily be replaced.

Easily ? :huh:

#26 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Ooooo I can't wait for the reaction from some! :lol:

Like who or are you being dramatic again?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#27 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,614 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

we refused to accept our fate

I'm not clear on what you mean by "fate". Clubs get what they work for.

Edited by JohnM, 06 January 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#28 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Even so, I still can't believe Sinfield got the Golden Boot.

maybe he is putting something back into rugby league ?
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#29 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Strange comment, I can't think of one person on here who would see this as bad news if it comes to pass.

No one will think it is bad news, but there are those who have vehemently asserted that Championship Clubs are incapable of attracting investors and that only SL clubs can do so. Which club is looking the stronger financially at the moment, Featherstone or Salford and Castleford ?

#30 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'm not clear on what you mean by "fate". Clubs get what they work for.

Featherstone were denied a place in SL at the beginning even though they were in the 1st Division and had not been in a relegation spot and were replaced by either London, whoi were in the 2nd division and not in a promotion spot, or Paris who were just created by the wave of Lyndsay's wand. That was their fate and they have been fighting against it ever since.

#31 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,379 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

No one will think it is bad news, but there are those who have vehemently asserted that Championship Clubs are incapable of attracting investors and that only SL clubs can do so. Which club is looking the stronger financially at the moment, Featherstone or Salford and Castleford ?

I thought it was that only those fools at Red Hall who believed anyone would want ton invest in a rugby club without automatic promotion being on offer?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#32 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I thought it was that only those fools at Red Hall who believed anyone would want ton invest in a rugby club without automatic promotion being on offer?

What I am about to type is pure, unproven speculation BUT I am willing to bet that the Featherstone Club have been given some positive feedback behind the scenes from the RFL/SL on the probability that they will get a S/L licence and this likelihood has been passed on to the prospective investor in order for him to commit to investing in the club.

#33 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

What I am about to type is pure, unproven speculation BUT I am willing to bet that the Featherstone Club have been given some positive feedback behind the scenes from the RFL/SL on the probability that they will get a S/L licence and this likelihood has been passed on to the prospective investor in order for him to commit to investing in the club.

Surely they'd be more likely to point him in the direction of one of the many ailing $uperleague clubs and maintain the staus quo.

#34 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I share that view Mr K. Feisal said just a few weeks ago at a fans forum that there was no point in throwing money at the club unless SL was a distinct possibility.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#35 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,721 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

But why would the RFL advise this when they don't want clubs like Featherstone in SL - or so we keep getting told!

People are just making things up to suit their argument.

#36 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Featherstone were denied a place in SL at the beginning even though they were in the 1st Division and had not been in a relegation spot and were replaced by either London, whoi were in the 2nd division and not in a promotion spot, or Paris who were just created by the wave of Lyndsay's wand. That was their fate and they have been fighting against it ever since.

Don't allow romantic claptrap to get in the way of facts. It was top 10 plus London & Paris.

Hull, Hull KR, Wakefield, Salford, Widnes & Huddersfield all managed to gain entry without 17 years of perceived persecution.

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Don't allow romantic claptrap to get in the way of facts. It was top 10 plus London & Paris.

Hull, Hull KR, Wakefield, Salford, Widnes & Huddersfield all managed to gain entry without 17 years of perceived persecution.

+1

#38 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Surely they'd be more likely to point him in the direction of one of the many ailing $uperleague clubs and maintain the staus quo.

No, the approaches have been made by Featherstone to the individual. Why would they point him towards a rival organisation.? The likleyhood that Fev have been clandestinely promised a future SL licence is a selling point for the club to entice the investor to come on board. Fev don't want to maintain the status quo. They want to change it.

#39 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

No, the approaches have been made by Featherstone to the individual. Why would they point him towards a rival organisation.? The likleyhood that Fev have been clandestinely promised a future SL licence is a selling point for the club to entice the investor to come on board. Fev don't want to maintain the status quo. They want to change it.

Ah right. Your previous post was ambiguous and I misunderstood exactly who "they" were. Still, I'm sure Mr Nahaboo is smart enough to seek appropriate confirmations before making his investment. ;)

By the way, how are we going to decide who wins this bet ? :mellow:

#40 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yes, that's how it ended up conveniently. But if you remember rightly, the original idea was quite different...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users