£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
341 replies to this topic

#101 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

will it be enough to remove the moral chips from the shoulder of some on here?

I think you know the answer to that one John
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#102 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Great news for us. Things are really looking up sometimes I have to pinch myself to see how far we have come.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#103 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well its great news john.....
The chips on my shoulder will remain like... but I cant help get giddy for my club and its fans. There is a really good buzz about the place for the mo at least.
Lets leave discussions on the chips for another thread eh?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#104 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

If all this is true I'd be truly delighted for Fev - not for some of their fans as they are coming across as right idiots to be honest.

Anyhow, after Halifax, Cas, West Brom, Sussex Cricket etc I really hope Fev are not being overly optimistic about Feisal and that any rumoured deal is for the good of the club in the long run.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#105 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Possibly Great news for us. Things are really looking up sometimes I have to pinch myself to see how far we have come.

Well its potentially great news john.....
The chips on my shoulder will remain like... but I cant help get giddy for my club and its fans. There is a really good buzz about the place for the mo at least.
Lets leave discussions on the chips for another thread eh?

A couple more corrections.

More out of devilment than anything else. :D

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#106 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

What I am about to type is pure, unproven speculation BUT I am willing to bet that the Featherstone Club have been given some positive feedback behind the scenes from the RFL/SL on the probability that they will get a S/L licence and this likelihood has been passed on to the prospective investor in order for him to commit to investing in the club.

Keighley you are probably right and though it appears we are benefiting this time I am not comfortable with the way things are done behind closed doors. I would rather be posting on a thread where we have clinched promotion at the end of a succesfull season.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#107 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Keighley you are probably right and though it appears we are benefiting this time I am not comfortable with the way things are done behind closed doors. I would rather be posting on a thread where we have clinched promotion at the end of a succesfull season.

You should boycott the club then if you have any morals

Posted Image

#108 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

not with you john....

#109 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Jeez, you go away for the weekend to a place with no internet and Fev go and announce the biggest piece of news we've had since 1983.

Why...what happened in 1983? :(

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#110 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

:lol:

#111 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Haha!

#112 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Padge just like JohnM your obsession with my club is so sad. Every positive thread about Fev Rovers is always attempted to be wrecked by the likes of you. To be honest it does not bother me one little bit, keep them coming.

All I can think is that you can't have enjoyed your might Wigan being taken on in the past by such a small club. We sorry pal, many have tried and many have failed but we will not go away.

#113 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

not with you john....

My brother doesn't post on here.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#114 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

You should boycott the club then if you have any morals

What is wrong with you? This is where I stand, sorry if you do not understand it but I can't be of any more help.

I will way watch my club play in whatever division they are placed in while at the same time campaign for P&R and a governing body that cares about all member clubs.

#115 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Great news for us. Things are really looking up sometimes I have to pinch myself to see how far we have come.

Gas, electricity.....................TV soon I hear!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#116 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Ian mark is a very good business man he wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't. Mark wouldnt make this deal if it wasn't in the best interest of our club and for him. This deal will be a real success for us.

#117 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Padge just like JohnM your obsession with my club is so sad. Every positive thread about Fev Rovers is always attempted to be wrecked by the likes of you. To be honest it does not bother me one little bit, keep them coming.

All I can think is that you can't have enjoyed your might Wigan being taken on in the past by such a small club. We sorry pal, many have tried and many have failed but we will not go away.

I have no obsession with your club, the mere fact that you think I do have does however show that you have an obsession with me. I'm not available..

#118 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

More great news coming from Fev. Hope they have a great year on the field to back all this up. If they do, they must be certainties for SL.

They're doing everything right it seems under the current system. Whether people agree with the system or not is irrelevant. They will hopefully be rewarded.

Cheers Wellsy, I don't agree with many things you post but I appreciate your support with this.

#119 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Cheers Wellsy, I don't agree with many things you post but I appreciate your support with this.

And myself proclaiming on here for years that Featherstone where the dark horses for SL gets fekall recognition, I wish I had said you had no chance ever. :(

#120 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Gas, electricity.....................TV soon I hear!

My kind of humour :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users