TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
341 replies to this topic

#121 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

And myself proclaiming on here for years that Featherstone where the dark horses for SL gets fekall recognition, I wish I had said you had no chance ever. :(

I hope you Fev lot are ashamed, you've hurt this man's feelings.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#122 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I hope you Fev lot are ashamed, you've hurt this man's feelings.

:lol:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#123 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

And myself proclaiming on here for years that Featherstone where the dark horses for SL gets fekall recognition, I wish I had said you had no chance ever. :(

Padge, you're one of the more learned posters on here, I usally read your stuff with interest.

Most of us of a Fev persuasion are overjoyed today, after 20 years in the Shiiiter. This might be why some of us are a bit touchy.

If our CEO confirms a 7 figure deal in black and white on a social media site, that's good enough for me.

Edited by Ponterover, 06 January 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#124 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Padge, you're one of the more learned posters on here, I usally read your stuff with interest.

Most of us of a Fev persuasion are overjoyed today, after 20 years in the Shiiiter. This might be why some of us are a bit touchy.

If our CEO confirms a 7 figure deal in black and white on a social media site, that's good enough for me.

Can't say I'm surprised, blue and white never did it for me either.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#125 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Featherstone is and always will be the team of Pontefract so the pulling power is pretty good dont be fooled by the low population of the town, we also draw massively from Knottingley, we would do ok for crowds im certain of that

i think we utilise our catchment area better than sheffield utilise theirs
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#126 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Can't say I'm surprised, blue and white never did it for me either.

You're still scarred by that day, 30 years on aren't you? :D

#127 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Ian mark is a very good business man he wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't. Mark wouldnt make this deal if it wasn't in the best interest of our club and for him. This deal will be a real success for us.

Gaz, I am not for one minute criticising anything what Mark does. The guy has made my life so happy with what he has done for Featherstone Rovers. We need to keep moving forward and the only way we can do this is by playing the franchise game and getting a place in SL. Mark as you have pointed out is a clever business man who is now putting us in a position to have a SL franchise.

I don't know how Mark feels but Robin mentioned he prefers P&R. My personal opinion is that I would feel even better if this post was about the large funding on the back of clinching promotion on the field. The fact that we have finished top of the pile 3 years on the trot makes it feel like we have earned a SL spot by what we do on the field as well. However I will never agree with the way the franchise system is run but that is not the Rovers boards fault it's the RFL's doing.

If we achieve a franchise I could easily sit back and say so what, after all we were dumped out of the top flight and had to take all the garbage from the I'm all right Jack fans but what about the great clubs in the Championship we leave behind. In my opinion we should be over the moon with the way our club has grown with the stewardship of Mark but should still remember that the unfair franchise system is totally unfair to many clubs.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#128 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Gas, electricity.....................TV soon I hear!

we've already got tv. still waiting for electricity though.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#129 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

The thing is this, the 7 figure number has not been confirmed, its a posters 'friends' figure. He's probably right, but to take it as a given could lead to disappointment, and you wouldn't be the first clubs'c supporters to fall for it.

Take the statement for what it is, one of the shadowy figures behind the scenes has decided to show his hand, probably forced slightly by the RFL saying if Salford goes belly up do you want in. If that's the case and I am not saying it is, the RFL would probably like a public commitment, the delay may be a case of waiting to see what happens at Salford and then deciding how much of a commitment to make.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#130 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

What is wrong with you? This is where I stand, sorry if you do not understand it but I can't be of any more help.

I will way watch my club play in whatever division they are placed in while at the same time campaign for P&R and a governing body that cares about all member clubs.

You also said

"Cheers Nige, sounds great.

I hope you don't mind if I pass on SL and the World Cup."
Posted Image

#131 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I agree both you and Parksider have said some positive things about our franchise. The fact that many of us Fev fans don't want the franchise system seems to have made your mind up about us recently.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#132 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

It isn't news, its rumour.

you wish

#133 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

you wish

so what is the value of the investment?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#134 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

You also said

"Cheers Nige, sounds great.

I hope you don't mind if I pass on SL and the World Cup."

On a thread about this years RL. In which I also said you can find me as usual at the big fellas. Next season we will be in the Championship, so my above statement is correct or am I missing something?

#135 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

You're still scarred by that day, 30 years on aren't you? :D

I'll let you know that when the 30 years' anniversary happens thank you. Up yours!

You lot seem to be very much on the defensive toneet. If it's because your team is known as "Rovers", then you shouldn't worry, we know you're not really from East Hull.

#136 WakefieldCityLoyal

WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Featherstone were in the 1st Division when SL was formed. Even if they were not in the top 10, then they should have been given for a place ahead of a weak second division side like London and a non existent entity like Paris ( Where are they now). Widnes were similarly shafted. Hull KR, Wakefield and Huddersfield were all in Division 2.

Romantic claptrap was the essence of the Paris incarnation. No team, no money, no fans, no nothing. Like Don Quiote tilting at windmills. Romantic claptrap of the highest order.

Nobody said they were persecuted but fate was mentioned and demotion not on merit was theirs.

Wrong Wakefield were in division 1

#137 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

so what is the value of the investment?

7 figures for gods sake how many more times

#138 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

The thing is this, the 7 figure number has not been confirmed, its a posters 'friends' figure. He's probably right, but to take it as a given could lead to disappointment, and you wouldn't be the first clubs'c supporters to fall for it.

Take the statement for what it is, one of the shadowy figures behind the scenes has decided to show his hand, probably forced slightly by the RFL saying if Salford goes belly up do you want in. If that's the case and I am not saying it is, the RFL would probably like a public commitment, the delay may be a case of waiting to see what happens at Salford and then deciding how much of a commitment to make.

CEO does confirm it, about 100 posts down.

There is probably a huge amount of truth to your theory regarding Salford

#139 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

We are missing some one form this thread. It won't be long now I feel. :lol:

#140 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'll let you know that when the 30 years' anniversary happens thank you. Up yours!

Not long to wait now!

The Mrs bought me the DVD for xmas (I've still got the original recording, on Betamax, so no much hope of watching that). I've only watched it 7 times since xmas day.

One of the best days of my life, it made a massive impression on nine year old me. I imagine you enjoyed it a little less, as did my uncle, who's a barcode like yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users