Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

GARDEN GATE PUB

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

GARDEN GATE NEW PICK UP POINT

just to let supporters know from 20th jan we will now pick supporters up from this historic hunslet pub on our away travels supporting hunslet rl.

richard the landlord has agreed to open 1hour before departure time on our trips
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#2 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

This sounds like a great idea, me and a couple of mates are looking at the three Cumbrian away days (Barrow, Whitehaven, Workington) this season. Was just wondering what the prices are likely to be for travelling?

#3 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

This sounds like a great idea, me and a couple of mates are looking at the three Cumbrian away days (Barrow, Whitehaven, Workington) this season. Was just wondering what the prices are likely to be for travelling?

I was speaking to John Sellers at the Allstars game and he did say that if enough people get on at the Garden Gate the Landlord would put a breakfast on , and the price on the coach as got to be up at the £20 mark or more........

#4 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

The Cumbrian trips are cracking days out. Stooping at Keswick or ulverston, the trip home is always a bit of a blur
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#5 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

The Cumbrian trips are cracking days out. Stooping at Keswick or ulverston, the trip home is always a bit of a blur

The trip going up is a bit of a blur aswell Macca :rolleyes:

#6 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

How about an overnight trip for a cumbrian trip?

#7 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

The trip going up is a bit of a blur aswell Macca :rolleyes:

Not as bad as that London trip tho mate that was a classic haha

#8 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I was speaking to John Sellers at the Allstars game and he did say that if enough people get on at the Garden Gate the Landlord would put a breakfast on , and the price on the coach as got to be up at the £20 mark or more........

Good info!

I wouldn't have a problem with £20 for the coach, if you look at train costs and travelling times/connections etc its alot more expensive and takes longer so a coach for £20 is pretty good!

Throwing into the mix a great pub and a breakfast before hand that wins hands down for me. :D

#9 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

How about an overnight trip for a cumbrian trip?

The only thing with that is Penola , that those who only want to make a day trip of it would'nt be able to get there , because the coach would be used for the overnight trip , that happened with the welsh (Crusaders) trip , the day trippers could'nt make that trip.........

#10 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

The only thing with that is Penola , that those who only want to make a day trip of it would'nt be able to get there , because the coach would be used for the overnight trip , that happened with the welsh (Crusaders) trip , the day trippers could'nt make that trip.........

What a trip that was, apart from Krankie causing a full scale riot in nightclub under our hotel

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

What a trip that was, apart from Krankie causing a full scale riot in nightclub under our hotel

And don't forget mining books Bob :angry:

#12 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

And don't forget mining books Bob :angry:

Haha forgot about the mining books bob carry on. I've never seen an atmosphere change so quick in a clubhouse

#13 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

dont forget 'TETLEYS' coach driver locked out of his room just in his y fronts.

and the two hunslet reserve players pulling the welsh heffer
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#14 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Oh god yeah I remember that welsh whale!!! That memory should never have been put back in my head of the beast when I walked in that room. Top,top w/end

#15 SPARTACUS

SPARTACUS
  • Coach
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Just one sweet and tender kiss,
doop doop,
the memories you gave to me !!!
May the FORCE be with you.
Top Bombing - Ave it son.
ITS SPITTIN !!
Its not bloody TIDDLEYWINKS ya know !!

#16 Ironhawk

Ironhawk
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Dont forget the Arc of the Covenant
spent half an hour trying to buy an Eel off one of the fishermen he said he wanted it for his cat
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users