Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Team Sky Cycling Kit

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

http://www.telegraph...l?frame=2442732

Looks okay,but no white back, which was supposed to be introduced to help riders combat the heat in the big tours. Bad move, I reckon.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#2 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I like it. Rapha gear always looks good.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#3 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Where's Ian Stannard's jersey?

LUNEW.jpg

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Where's Ian Stannard's jersey?

He'll be the only one not boiling up on the Alpe d'Huez

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,094 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Why is it covered in the Norwegian flag?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#6 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

That is Edvald Boasson Hagen's own kit as the Norwegian Road Champion.

Apparently the material is designed so that heat shouldn't be an issue, hence the removal of the white back. My only issue is that Rapha stuff is very expensive, even the expensive world of cycling gear. Still, it does look good. I also like the idea of specific supporter items.

#7 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Bosen Hagan is Norwegian national champion

#8 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Edvald Boassen Hagen rides for Team Sky but is also the reigning road race champion of Norway. Hence, he rides in a bespoke "national" shirt.
Ian Stannard rides for Team Sky but is also the reigning road race champion of GB. Hence, he rides in a bespoke "national" shirt ... usually white with red and blue bands.

#9 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,094 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'm getting the hint that it's something to do with someone being Norwegian national champion.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#10 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,852 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm getting the hint that it's something to do with someone being Norwegian national champion.

EBH is the Norwegian national champion so gets to ride in a special jersey. Last year Cav wore the rainbow jersey being the world champion and Ian Stannard wore the British national champions jersey.

The kit looks very nice, but £150 for a race jersey! I'll do what I always do and buy the knock off stuff from China on ebay. Good quality kit (although not as good as the real thing) and a fraction of the price.
Fides invicta triumphat

#11 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

EBH is the Norwegian national champion so gets to ride in a special jersey. Last year Cav wore the rainbow jersey being the world champion and Ian Stannard wore the British national champions jersey.

The kit looks very nice, but £150 for a race jersey! I'll do what I always do and buy the knock off stuff from China on ebay. Good quality kit (although not as good as the real thing) and a fraction of the price.

Ralph's gear whilst expensive is one of the few cycling clothings that actually perform well and they do an understated range. As opposed to the horrible day glow polyester that most roadies wear.

Rapha kit is akin to walking/mountianeering clothing in that it is very comfortable to wear no matter what the climatic conditions.

But if you just want to look like Bradley then get the knock of stuff.

#12 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,852 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ralph's gear whilst expensive is one of the few cycling clothings that actually perform well and they do an understated range. As opposed to the horrible day glow polyester that most roadies wear.

Rapha kit is akin to walking/mountianeering clothing in that it is very comfortable to wear no matter what the climatic conditions.

But if you just want to look like Bradley then get the knock of stuff.

No doubt, I just can't afford £150 for a cycling jersey.
Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users