TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

score update

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Cant make the game today. can anyone give score updates on here please...

#2 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Latest score is 4pts each Lowe scored for raiders

#3 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

10-4 to keighley

#4 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Raiders 4 Keighley 10

#5 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

10-10 McGilvary scores

#6 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Latest 10 pts each Mcgillvary try

#7 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Max wiper goes over in corner 14 pts to 10

#8 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

20-23 to keighley FT att-875

#9 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Plenty of effort today, I thought it was quite good for the first hit out. Looked tired towards the end but I think that was to be expected really. Kurt Haggerty looks a real signing.

#10 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I thought the defence was solid apart from a couple of mistakes. Too many unforced errors though in attack and im sure hoty will work on this.
Good first run out and I'm sure things will get better as the team gel together.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#11 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I though all the new signings that played today did there bit, for me man of the match was The prop Mat Haggarty
I hope Andrew Dawson is ok after limping off in the second half

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

What was the team? Also how does the team to compare to that of last years.

#13 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

20-23 to keighley FT att-875

Not a bad attendance considering most will be skint from Xmas?

The score is immaterial I just hope we got through it without picking up any injuries?

#14 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

What was the team? Also how does the team to compare to that of last years.

Barrow Raiders Starting XIII:
Dean McGilvray,
Lee Haney,
Chris Larkin,
Aaron Low,
Adam Clay,
Scott Kaighan,
Liam Campbell,
Brad Brennan,
James Dandy,
Matthew Haggarty,
Liam Harrison,
Kurt Haggerty,
Dan Toal.
Substitutes: Liam Finch, Andrew Dawson, Mike Whitehead, Danny Jones, Max Wiper.

#15 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

played ok today for first run out. deffo need a kicker tho. missing conversions will cost us games, not just wins but bonus points aswell. dont know if noone still wears his kicking boots but if he is i think he could do a job for us.

#16 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

played ok today for first run out. deffo need a kicker tho. missing conversions will cost us games, not just wins but bonus points aswell. dont know if noone still wears his kicking boots but if he is i think he could do a job for us.

Who was kicking and how many did they kick?
Maybe they just need some practice? Who better than Holty to teach them how to kick?

#17 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

been down this road to many times my freind. we are going to miss ryan shaw big style this season. all games are going to be hard , there will be no gimmies in this league so conversions are going to have be put on the score board. .scott kaigan started off well but as the game wore on some of his field kicks were going down the throats of the catchers imo.

#18 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Thought our tackling was in the main very good although a better team than the Cougars might have caused us more pain ?

we need a stand off .....scotty was poor today...his goalkicking isnt good enough and his in play field kicking is woeful...why didnt we see Casey today ? also Finchy should be given a shot as well ????

Kurt Haggerty looks very very useful as does McGilvary (in attack anyway coz he is definitely not a fullback). Haney a better prospect maybe ? Didnt get to see as much of Danny Jones as I wouldve liked. Clay was willing to come in and mix it as well.

Hope Dawso isnt crocked ? Is Toal ok as he came off as well ?

Our last try was class why didnt we throw it around like that all game ?

as it was our 1st game we had to expect game rustyness and Cougars had a game last week to get going so were ahead of us gamewise.

Bull was immense as usual today

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#19 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

been down this road to many times my freind. we are going to miss ryan shaw big style this season. all games are going to be hard , there will be no gimmies in this league so conversions are going to have be put on the score board. .scott kaigan started off well but as the game wore on some of his field kicks were going down the throats of the catchers imo.

Agreed thought his positional kicking was woeful he never made full back work at all and their second try came from an awful kick through the middle they picked up the ball and went on to score ! didnt rate him last year and his no diff

#20 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Not a bad first game of the season against good opposition, my biggest concern is our lack of size in the pack, Keighley weren't the biggest team but they were still bigger than us.
We certainly won't be able to compete with the likes of Halifax, Fev, Sheffield and Batley down the middle, I know Holty has expressed a need for another 2nd rower, but I think our biggest priority is a line breaking prop with experience to lead the pack, if we could get one a big Tongan or Samoan would be nice but I realise they wouldn't come cheap, so we would have to settle for someone closer to home. I also agree the need for a goal kicker is vital, as games like today's are won or lost by 2 or 3 points.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users