TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington favourites for 2013 Super League title

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

######........ta

try the less well known book makers, their tend to allow more open bets in 'smaller' sports.

i was available to get leeds to beat wigan in the play offs & to win the grand final as a double at silly odds last year, all the big bookies just said no.

#22 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

try the less well known book makers, their tend to allow more open bets in 'smaller' sports.

i was available to get leeds to beat wigan in the play offs & to win the grand final as a double at silly odds last year, all the big bookies just said no.

i hope i can get it on somewhere...cos a fiver returns £13k :lol:

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#23 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Would putting a bet on Westwood being MOS and Wire to win the Grand Final be allowed to put on as a double bet?

#24 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Would putting a bet on Westwood being MOS and Wire to win the Grand Final be allowed to put on as a double bet?

not sure, but it wont happen!!!

Dads army wont win anything!!

#25 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

i hope i can get it on somewhere...cos a fiver returns £13k :lol:

you'll struggle to find anyone that will take top try scorer other than a couple of the big boys, other 3 bets should be available most places which still pays a nice 114/1

#26 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Can't see how Wigan can be so high in the betting this year - losing Finch, Leuluai, Carmont and Lima is a lot of talent and experience not replaced. We are one Tomkins injury from mid table.

Not often you see a broke bookie, but I'd have had Warrington and Leeds as joint favourites at 3-1, with Wigan and Saints at 7-1, closely followed by Hull and Catalans at 10-1. The remaining field at 50-1.

Sinfield is also a good shot at MoS at 7-1, since he is the new best thing since sliced bread. Wonder how much a triple is on him winning MoS, turning water to wine and feeding the 5000 in Leeds?

Edited by giwildgo, 07 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#27 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Wonder how much a triple is on him winning MoS, turning water to wine and feeding the 5000 in Leeds?

Don't be silly! He'll never be awarded the Man of Steel trophy.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#28 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Huddersfield may do a little better this year seeing as they have a coach who won't try and put 4 hookers on the pitch at once. Saints won't win unless they get a scrum half who can organise properly.

#29 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

thats me to the bookies tomorrow then put a few quid on leeds .
i recon they will be stronger this season than last with moon and achurch in the lineup .

dont mind at all warrington been favorites then wigan but i am suprised about st helens been up there with them
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#30 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I have to admit a backline of Hardaker Ben Jones Bishop (I know he's injured) Watkins Moon and Hall has to be the most excting backline since the Saints side of the mid noughties with Lyon ect. They've got pace to burn, the leeds pack does seem to be aging abit though.

#31 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I have to admit a backline of Hardaker Ben Jones Bishop (I know he's injured) Watkins Moon and Hall has to be the most excting backline since the Saints side of the mid noughties with Lyon ect. They've got pace to burn, the leeds pack does seem to be aging abit though.

thats why they brought in mitch achurch to bolster the pack and of course carl ablett will be playing in the forwards instead of centre . im also expecting big things of stevie ward this season and a young lad called jordan baldwinson may break into the team at some stage which along with paul mcshane back at headingley will bring the age down a bit although only peacock and leiului are really in the veteran catagory . perhaps an early departure from the cup may conserve some energy although i think there going to wembley again which will of course be a distraction again .

i see warrinton as the big threat in both comps and st helens as a big threat in the cup along with hull and catalans . wigan may well finish top again but i think they will fall short when it comes to the big games again .
i just have a sneaky feeling london will make it into the top 8 this time as the quality in the team is there and this time they have a good coach as well
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#32 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Have leeds let brad singleton go on loan too Wakefield? I hope they don't do what they did with Amor from a Leeds point of view as they lost a great talent their and may do with singleton.

#33 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Have leeds let brad singleton go on loan too Wakefield? I hope they don't do what they did with Amor from a Leeds point of view as they lost a great talent their and may do with singleton.

Only a 2 month loan.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#34 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Strictly speaking I think not. But as noname6 says, shop around. Also, while online betting firms can easily put in restrictions to prevent bets such as this being struck, if you go to a shop, you may have more luck.

#35 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

who's the super league betting partner?? william hill?? maybe the RFL should "have a word" with them..

OLDHAM RLFC

#36 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Sinfield is also a good shot at MoS at 7-1, since he is the new best thing since sliced bread. Wonder how much a triple is on him winning MoS, turning water to wine and feeding the 5000 in Leeds?

I wonder how much for Sinfield for MoS, Lance Todd, Harry Sunderland and MoM in World Cup final...
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#37 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

i'll give u 10000/1 :lol:

OLDHAM RLFC

#38 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I wonder how much for Sinfield for MoS, Lance Todd, Harry Sunderland and MoM in World Cup final...

And then LPL give the next golden boot to an aussie!
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#39 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

i'll give u 10000/1 :lol:

Might have to put a tenner down on that!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#40 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I cant help but think that Warrington had their chance for GF success last year and blew it. The likes of Morley, Briers, Carvell, Monaghan & Higham are right at the end of their careers and seemed to struggle for fitness & consistency at times last year and they form the spine of the Warrington team. I think this is a season too far for most of them and the overall team performance will suffer this year. I cant see any sort of Bradford style demise but I dont think they will win anything.

Leeds & Hull look stronger and I think Saints have made some decent signings, particularly with Manu & Walmsley who will add bite to the pack. Wigan are the big unknown for mine with their new half back pairing. On paper they're far weaker than Finch & Leului but they could go okay if the pack manages to give them time & space.

I think Wigan will win the GF this year beating Leeds and Saints to win the Cup beating Hull

Edited by Saint Toppy, 08 January 2013 - 12:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users