TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington favourites for 2013 Super League title

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I cant help but think that Warrington had their chance for GF success last year and blew it. The likes of Morley, Briers, Carvell, Monaghan & Higham are right at the end of their careers and seemed to struggle for fitness & consistency at times last year and they form the spine of the Warrington team. I think this is a season too far for most of them and the overall team performance will suffer this year. I cant see any sort of Bradford style demise but I dont think they will win anything.

Leeds & Hull look stronger and I think Saints have made some decent signings, particularly with Manu & Walmsley who will add bite to the pack. Wigan are the big unknown for mine with their new half back pairing. On paper they're far weaker than Finch & Leului but they could go okay if the pack manages to give them time & space.

I think Wigan will win the GF this year beating Leeds and Saints to win the Cup beating Hull

I remember people writing off Warrington's old guard after losing to Leeds in the semis in 2010.

There was no issue with fitness or consistency last year - we lost fewer games than any other SL clubs throughout 2012, and won more than anybody else.

#42 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wigan are the big unknown for mine with their new half back pairing. On paper they're far weaker than Finch & Leului but they could go okay if the pack manages to give them time & space.

Yes, the 2013 pack does look solid for Wigan, which could allow the new halfback-combination breathing space to develop their game and their understanding with each other.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#43 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Can't see how Wigan can be so high in the betting this year - losing Finch, Leuluai, Carmont and Lima is a lot of talent and experience not replaced. We are one Tomkins injury from mid table.

Not often you see a broke bookie, but I'd have had Warrington and Leeds as joint favourites at 3-1, with Wigan and Saints at 7-1, closely followed by Hull and Catalans at 10-1. The remaining field at 50-1.

Sinfield is also a good shot at MoS at 7-1, since he is the new best thing since sliced bread. Wonder how much a triple is on him winning MoS, turning water to wine and feeding the 5000 in Leeds?

Give up now you,your a nice Wiganer :rolleyes:
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#44 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Strictly speaking I think not. But as noname6 says, shop around. Also, while online betting firms can easily put in restrictions to prevent bets such as this being struck, if you go to a shop, you may have more luck.

Check the last bit of my name mate and you'll understand why I can't ;)

#45 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Only a 2 month loan.

Suppose that sounds good on the face of things and that they're trying him out at SL. I recall Brad getting his SL debut 2 seasons ago when the Leeds pack was decimated with injuries and Leeds still won 44 - 16, fair enough it was against Salford but wonder why he hasn't been given a game or two since.

#46 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Suppose that sounds good on the face of things and that they're trying him out at SL. I recall Brad getting his SL debut 2 seasons ago when the Leeds pack was decimated with injuries and Leeds still won 44 - 16, fair enough it was against Salford but wonder why he hasn't been given a game or two since.

Still have the old guard,I would imagine Singleton will get more game time this season.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#47 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I remember people writing off Warrington's old guard after losing to Leeds in the semis in 2010.

Toppy was probably among them, he pops on for a troll every once in a while.

There was no issue with fitness or consistency last year - we lost fewer games than any other SL clubs throughout 2012, and won more than anybody else.

You can prove anything with stats. Anyone with eyes could see that Sinfield's peerless form was going to help Leeds cruise past us when it counted.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#48 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

he got about 5 minutes in that game, granted he didn't look out of place but could hardly say he played a part in the result

as for the actual grand final, if Leeds are fully fit come august (and haven't won the challenge cup) its hard to look past them to win the comp again, the mentality & attitude of that playing group is unmatched.

Edited by noname6, 08 January 2013 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users