Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Millom to host Challenge Cup draw

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Millom Rugby League club will host the 2013 Challenge Cup second round draw on Friday January 18 as part of the Cumbrian club’s 140th birthday celebrations. The Challenge Cup second round draw will involve 14 Conference League Premier clubs, the three Armed Services teams and the five clubs that have progressed from the first round.

The balls will be drawn by Millom club stalwart Gary Kelly and Workington Town player Peter Lupton, who played for Millom as a junior before signing professional terms at London Broncos.

Millom treasurer Gary Kelly said: “Millom Rugby League club is recognised as the oldest amateur club in the world, and as we enter our 140th year it is an honour that we have been chosen to host the prestigious Challenge Cup draw. I have been involved with Millom since the age of 12 and have represented the club at all amateur levels: for me it is a privilege to be drawing the teams in the second round of the 2013 Rugby League Challenge Cup.”

Millom football club was originally formed as Victoria Rangers on December 5, 1873 at a meeting held at the Station Hotel in Millom with the formal opening of their pitch and first game taking place on December 13 1873. Such was the interest created that a rival team by the name of Millom Rangers was formed following a meeting in a wash-house of a terraced house in the town. The White Star and Rangers teams could not accommodate all the local talent and soon the town boasted four clubs with the emergence of Millom St George and Millom St James.

This situation continued until December 1883, when influential supporters called a meeting, where the decision was taken to amalgamate the White Star, the Rangers and Millom St George into one club, to be called Millom Rugby Football Club.
For more information about Millom Rugby League club please visit: http://www.millomrlfc.co.uk/

The Challenge Cup second round ties will be played on March 9.

Clubs involved in the Challenge Cup 2nd round draw:
Wath Brow Hornets
Siddal
Myton Warriors
Thatto Heath Crusaders
Leigh Miners Rangers
West Hull
Wigan St Patricks
Hull Dockers
Ince Rose Bridge
East Hull
Skirlaugh
Leigh East
Oulton Raiders
Saddleworth Rangers
RAF
Royal Navy
British Army
Leeds Met University
East Leeds
Hunslet Old Boys
Milford Marlins
Blackbrook

Nick Boothroyd
Community PR Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

That's a proud record, 140 years. Congratulations to the Millom club.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Which Championship 1 clubs are not taking part in the 3rd round of the cup? The 11 winners from this round will go in to the hat with the Championship and Championship1 clubs but there are 14 and 9 clubs respectively so who is not taking part?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,016 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

All Championship and Championship 1 clubs I would guess plus 2 French sides? Needs to be 36 in round 3.

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thanks bowes I had forgot about the French.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thanks bowes I had forgot about the French.

Toulouse and Carcassonne.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#7 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Toulouse and Carcassonne.

Tough one- never seen Carcassonne but I fancy a look at TO's Kuni Minga
There's no dignity in plastic seats