Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Something for the fans from Hull

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,781 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ern Shaw's Rugby League Cartoons.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,456 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hull FC is one of the oldest clubs in the League and was formed by a group of ex-public schoolboys from York in 1865.

I might have guessed!
;) :D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Shame they forget Gateshead in the history!!!

#4 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ern Shaw's Rugby League Cartoons.

Cheers for that

Ern Shaw's caricatures of local sportsmen were brilliant. I seem to remember them appearing regularly in the Hull Daily Mail's Sports Mail on a Saturday.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,781 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Cheers for that

Ern Shaw's caricatures of local sportsmen were brilliant. I seem to remember them appearing regularly in the Hull Daily Mail's Sports Mail on a Saturday.

It's one of the things I love about the internet, although much of Rugby League's heritage oddments/fun things are quite hard to find at times. The more people who create pages/sites about stuff like this, the better.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Cheers for that

What ever happened to the sports mail "green mail" as I used to call it when was little, I apperared in that almost every week

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

What ever happened to the sports mail "green mail" as I used to call it when was little, I apperared in that almost every week

They stopped publishing it years ago as its circulation had collapsed. Every city seemed to have its own local version. I don't know if there are any that have survived.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."