Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Keighley this Sunday, any predictions ?
Judging by the strange results, Fax hammering Keighley then the Rams surprisingly beating Fax, I'm a little cautious, however, i'll go
Dogs 32 Cougars 18.

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hopefully a straight forward victory. Dogs 36 - Keighley 8

PS - saw many of the dogs players up at the Sheep's stadium yesterday

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#3 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

not too bothered about the score. just want to see an improved performance with the lads looking fitter and a better understanding between the half backs.

#4 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Unfortunately we have Moore missing for a few weeks and Mennell missing for the next two friendlies, so they won't be able to strike up an understanding with Black. JK has said that Hemingway will get the scrum half role this week and Whitmore will have it at Fax. Presumably Flanaghan will be at hooker both matches. So we shall have to see what developes.

#5 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Unfortunately we have Moore missing for a few weeks and Mennell missing for the next two friendlies, so they won't be able to strike up an understanding with Black. JK has said that Hemingway will get the scrum half role this week and Whitmore will have it at Fax. Presumably Flanaghan will be at hooker both matches. So we shall have to see what developes.

I predict that Hemmingway will hold down the shirt when the season starts - real talent given the right coach.

#6 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Moores out till about April anyway so Hemingway will be at 7.

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hemingway has certainly beefed himself up since his previous loan spell and his goal kicking seems still good too.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#8 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Is Mennell injured then?

#9 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 910 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Is Mennell injured then?

Believe he has a hand injury. By the way Danny Maun has had his knee op yesterday, all looks good and he is hoping to be running in 3 to 4 weeks.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#10 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Cheers Colin. Pleased to hear it doesn't sound like a major injury as far as Paul Mennell goes.

Good news about Danny too. He looked really sharp on Boxing Day.

#11 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Good news about Danny too. He looked really sharp on Boxing Day.

Agreed. Also delighted he remembered he's allowed to pass to his winger occasionally.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#12 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Gotta say my prediction was pretty damn close.
Happy with todays performance, again Rowe impressed me, that shot on Sheriffe was awesome, also Walton was in top form.
Can' t read much into it this as we used upwards of 22/24 players however early indications are we having a strong squad.
It was pointed out to me from a cougars fan at the final whistle they were missing their 6 best players ???
We also missed Moore, Mennel,Greenwood, Potter, Maun and dual reg players so no argument there.

#13 M.S

M.S
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

how did faal and esders go on today?

#14 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

how did faal and esders go on today?

Did okay, didn't really shine but didn't do anything wrong either. Walton was pick of the centres IMO, but the Half backs were pretty poor until last 15 minutes then suddenly started to play, they managed to create the square root of Sod all so not much the centres could do.

MOM Rowe for me, I really like the look of him, breaks the tackle and looks to part with the ball and did so a few times today. Also second the comment on that hit on Sherriffe KABOOM! worth the entrance fee alone

Edited by DOGFATHER, 13 January 2013 - 08:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users