Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugly League Sponsorship Announcements

From League Express

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Managed to spend a good hour reading yesterday's edition of the League Express (very well done to all involved by the way). The most interesting piece that jumped out of me was a small paragraph hinting that as many as 5 new sponsorships were going to be released by the RFL over the coming weeks.

I would have thought that 3 were pretty obvious (world cup, Super League and Challenge Cup). Any ideas what the other 2 may be? Is the Championship sponsorship up for renewal??? Or will it be 3 different World Cup sponsors or, knowing the RFL, will it be 5 different companies sponsoring those lorry trailers you see in farmers fields up and down the motorways.

Hopefully some good news on the horizon.

#2 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Rugly?

Surely that belongs on the cross code page?
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#3 bramleyrhino

bramleyrhino
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Martyn Sadler has written a few interesting paragraphs in LE. From what he's' been told before the end of January the RFL could be set to make as many as five separate sponsorship announcements. If Martyn's info is correct and it usually is then this must be good news. Any ideas?

#4 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Stobart pop up within that line up. Everything the company has said since their naming rights deal ended has indicated that they are still keen to keep an involved in Super League beyond just Widnes. Naturally their deal wouldn't be for a title sponsorship, but more like the scaled down version Engage ended up taking after they stepped down from naming rights.

Overall though it will be good to hear a few sponsors announced, especially for the World Cup. It will definitely help build some more confidence in the tournament.
Posted Image

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,945 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I suspect that with the season drawing close there will be a steady stream of announcements, what's the point of generating a bit of interest in close season and then having a gap of two months before anything happens, a steady stream of announcements leading up to the start of the season makes far more sense.

Edited by Padge, 08 January 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I suspect that with the season drawing close there will be a steady stream of announcements, what's the point of generating a bit of interest in close season and then having a gap of two months before anything happens, a steady stream of announcements leading up to the start of the season makes far more sense.

What would you consider to be good deals?

#7 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

You don't want to leave it all to the last minute to build momentum for a tournament. Particularly I imagine there are a lot of sponsorship properties available to be sold (There were 9 sponsors for the 08 World Cup - AAMI, Fosters, Coke, Gillette, Harvey Norman, Telstra, Diago, IHG, QANTAS). At least by announcing some up front, particularly if they are big names, it will build confidence for other sponsors to come on board.

The RFL already have some decent names in Valvoline, Gillette and Heinz in their portfolio who you hope can be convinced to step up and be World Cup sponsors.
Posted Image

#8 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

The World Club Challenge doesn't have a sponsor as yet, hopefully that is about to change.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#9 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Seems that Sky haven't managed to secure a sponsor for their SL coverage yet.....

http://www.getmemedi.../sky-media.html

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Seems that Sky haven't managed to secure a sponsor for their SL coverage yet.....

http://www.getmemedi.../sky-media.html

Sky obviously don't know what they're doing. Murdoch should be sacked for this!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#11 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Sky obviously don't know what they're doing. Murdoch should be sacked for this!

Interesting stats: Sponsor branding reaching an estimated 4.8m Individuals, 1.7m of which are Abc1 Men.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#12 bramleyrhino

bramleyrhino
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Only 3 weeks to the start of SL and still no news! Probably will be an announcement just before season starts. Also CC and RLWC have to get title sponsors. Let's hope there will shortly be some good news!

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Only 3 weeks to the start of SL and still no news! Probably will be an announcement just before season starts. Also CC and RLWC have to get title sponsors. Let's hope there will shortly be some good news!

I think the SL sponsorship is an important one that needs sorting quickly. The CC has a bit of time before the comp properly starts (ie being shown on BBC). The RLWC doesn't need a title sponsor, personally I'd prefer a panel of sponsors, but I also wouldn't turn down a hefty sum of money from a major sponsor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users