Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 6 Bradford Bulls 48 - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Really hope the Bulls bring most of the first team for this one.They have not got the biggest squad this time around,so more first team players will be used with a bit of luck.This would help with getting the attendance up as well around the 1500 mark,maybe more if it's reduced prices again,but can't see that happening for this game.

#2 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I hope the prices are the same as for the Fax game, let's get people coming up to watch. We've as good a squad this year as we've had for a long while (My opinion)
We were told "exciting times ahead" at the launch. We should all try to get as many new faces up for the match as we can. We can all do our bit to make this come true.

#3 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I hope the prices are the same as for the Fax game, let's get people coming up to watch. We've as good a squad this year as we've had for a long while (My opinion)
We were told "exciting times ahead" at the launch. We should all try to get as many new faces up for the match as we can. We can all do our bit to make this come true.

Spot on. Please, please £10 on Sunday. Lets get more people in....My missus will spend a tenner, but if it goes above she tends to pull out of games like these....Lets keep it affordable and get people in. Incidently I went on the Bradford website yesterday and could find no mention of Sundays game....

#4 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

800 people paying a tenner = £8000

600 people paying £14 = £8400

The question is whether £10 would attract an extra 240 people using 600 and 800 as an example.

But then what does the bar bring in? Prices are reasonable so surely not a great deal?

I am sure the club will have assessed the numbers this year and worked out whether the reduced price attracts more than £14 detracts.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

The thing is charging a tenner may not just get us more to the game but another good peformance could tempt afew more to the fev game or other league games.

Charging 14 and 15 quid in friendlies straight after christmas is tough for some families, What ever we charge the club should put it in the papers this week, we only got to know the price of the fax game on saturday, aday before kickoff

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 08 January 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#6 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

800 people paying a tenner = £8000

600 people paying £14 = £8400

The question is whether £10 would attract an extra 240 people using 600 and 800 as an example.

But then what does the bar bring in? Prices are reasonable so surely not a great deal?

I am sure the club will have assessed the numbers this year and worked out whether the reduced price attracts more than £14 detracts.

Cant fault the maths Funkmaster and I am sure the club will be looking at the options. But, using your numbers, do we want 800 people creating a decent atmosphere, match experience, more interesting for the less committed or do we want 600 die hards? Know which I would prefer, but I'm not in charge of the finances and if I was was, the club would probably be broke.....

#7 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Cant fault the maths Funkmaster and I am sure the club will be looking at the options. But, using your numbers, do we want 800 people creating a decent atmosphere, match experience, more interesting for the less committed or do we want 600 die hards? Know which I would prefer, but I'm not in charge of the finances and if I was was, the club would probably be broke.....

And as DTID just pointed out - There is the possibility of return fans so the club must account for that.

It would be interesting to find statistics on our gate over the last decade. Have you any idea of our yearly average?

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#8 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

And as DTID just pointed out - There is the possibility of return fans so the club must account for that.

It would be interesting to find statistics on our gate over the last decade. Have you any idea of our yearly average?

No, but suspect BSJ knows them off by heart. My impression is that they have held up fairly well over the years we have been at Owl Lane, but we've never managed to get much over 1000 without the visiting team bringing a few. The early televised games helped. The combination of the TV and any number of special offers available lead to some half decent attendences, but this seems to have fallen away now. Rightly or wrongly over the last few seasons I have in my head that the number of Dewsbury fans is 774 and if we played a team like the Scholars or the South Wales Scorpions that would be the gate.

#9 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

will weather have any effect on this game . just seen on weather snow is forcast saturday / sunday ?

I ll be driving up from Kent Sunday so hope someone can let us who live away upto speed with weather reports etc please ?

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

will weather have any effect on this game . just seen on weather snow is forcast saturday / sunday ?

I ll be driving up from Kent Sunday so hope someone can let us who live away upto speed with weather reports etc please ?

Snow's supposed to be spreading North from the SE so you may know better than us!

The forecast seems to be bouncing about every couple of hours - the Met Office isn't predicting snow on Sunday at the moment.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

To answer the question posed at the start of this thread. Admission will be regular 2013 match day prices.

Can we use this thread to discuss the match, and the new thread I've set up to discuss ticket prices and marketing ideas?

Cheers! See you all tomorra!

#12 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,183 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Well is it or is it subject to a pitch inspection, thanks.

#13 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Covers off its just like wimbledon.ON FOR DEFFO

#14 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,183 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Good stuff Equalizer

#15 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

It never got below freezing last night nor was it forecast to so there were not any doubts unless the snow came earlier than f/c

#16 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

My prediction for today:

Dewsbury 18 - 36 Bradford

Att: 1976
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#17 leedsram

leedsram
  • Players