Teamsheets

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I know I have banged on about this before Tom, but please could we have more teamsheets. The gatemen reckon they only get a couple of dozen, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else you can obtain them. OK, I still haven't printed out the squad numbers, but that still wouldn't have helped with the fax side. If money is so tight, could we at least have a couple of sheets pinned up in the bars, so at least I can get a clue. Incidentally, there was no mention of the teams on the match report, so I still don't know who played for or against us or where they played.

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

While on this subject,will a matchday programme being made for the Bradford game or just made for the league and cup games? Hope they will be made by Kirklees College again like last season,heard the programmes made a profit last season for the club.

#3 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'll add the teams to the website match report today and I'll make sure that there are a few team sheet stuck up in the South Stand Bar. I'll ask about providing more for the turnstile staff.

#4 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Teams are on the site now.

#5 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

If you had a squadbuilder association like BISSA.....................A programme can be produced in 3 days, 8 pages, colour, and over 300 sold for 50p. (profit as the service was provided by a company who sponsor BISSA.)
C'mon chaps give GFDU a hand, its worth it and you know it DOES make sense.
:) :) :) :)
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#6 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm still waiting for GFDU to PM me his email address so we can get the ball rolling!

We will have an excellent programme for the regular season matches by the way - details soon!

#7 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'll add the teams to the website match report today and I'll make sure that there are a few team sheet stuck up in the South Stand Bar. I'll ask about providing more for the turnstile staff.

Can you put them up in the tetleys stand bars as well please - I use either or both the bars before a match depending on arrival time.

#8 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

At the moment, I'm trying to get move my working week around so I can come to the game on Sunday. If I manage it then I'll make sure there are team sheets pinned up in the South Stand Bar, the Royal Suite and the Bailey Bar.

#9 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

How about a team board. Somewhere quite prominent, with both teams on it, the ref, touch judges. It would need to be safe from mischievous hands, perhaps high up on the back of the stand.

#10 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Better idea! Can't we extend the scoreboard a bit and have the teams displayed there somehow, it might cost a few quid, but it would work.

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

At the moment, I'm trying to get move my working week around so I can come to the game on Sunday. If I manage it then I'll make sure there are team sheets pinned up in the South Stand Bar, the Royal Suite and the Bailey Bar.

Thanks Tom.

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Better idea! Can't we extend the scoreboard a bit and have the teams displayed there somehow, it might cost a few quid, but it would work.

Wouldn't an electronic scoreboard do the trick?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Couldnt agree more BSJ, but at what cost ? If we had a choice between new terracing and an electronic scoreboard - I wonder........

#14 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

I can see that you, like me, believe that you can't hold back progress. At Crown Flatt there were nails in the scoreboard on which the numbers were hung, but they could occasionally blow off in strong winds. At Owl Lane we have moved on to a more secure system of slotted rails on which the numbers can be slid. The obvious next step in the progression is indeed a full electronic scoreboard, with a giant replay screen of course.

The way kids are such a whizz at push button technology these days I'm sure the lads who are on the scoreboard will have no problem managing it. I can't wait.

Edited by STEVE P, 09 January 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#15 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Couldnt agree more BSJ, but at what cost ? If we had a choice between new terracing and an electronic scoreboard - I wonder........

Give me the new terracing before the new scoreboard.if we had to pick one.

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Sarcasm is like the Red Arrows.

B)

Edited by Blind side johnny, 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

BSJ - don't worry think some of us spotted the joke..

#18 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

If you had a squadbuilder association like BISSA.....................A programme can be produced in 3 days, 8 pages, colour, and over 300 sold for 50p. (profit as the service was provided by a company who sponsor BISSA.)
C'mon chaps give GFDU a hand, its worth it and you know it DOES make sense.
:) :) :) :)

I'll give GFDU a hand.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#19 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

kelsey see me on sunday and im meeting tom if i survive until next week .

#20 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

kelsey see me on sunday and im meeting tom if i survive until next week .

Would be great if something can get started to get the fan's involved. like they do at Batley,i would be interested in helping out in some way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users