When is the draw

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

A good coach will now the strength of his squad and will target certain games and competitions, may be Easts coach has targetted the National Cup.

the moorends coach must know their strengths, theyve not entered the 'national' cup.

#62 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

easier for players to lift games every 3-4 weeks for a cup match, most games in the regional leagues can be none existent from one week to next, only had to look at queens results in the yorkshire league. ive never suggested that there arent good players/ teams in the regionals, just saying that on a weekly basis competition can be less.

the last 3 national cups 'from memory' havent contained many sides from the ncl, the last 2 anyway, so comparisons between regional and ncl sides is pretty negligible.

oh and this years 'national' cup, how it can be called national now is anyones guess, more like down sized yorkshire cup, is scheduled mid june, how will these winter league teams/players cope in mid summer with all players on holiday/stag dos and days out. hopefully the final doesnt clash with any of these events, could be a disaster the way some winter, dash yorkshire folk , portray the summer months problems.

if the compertition is less on a weekly bases for non NCL clubs but yet they can still enter and win the national cup shouldn’t they be congratulated more for being able to raise there standard?

I have herd the argument about teams only raising there game before, I have even used that excuse myself but in my humble opinion it is what it says just an excuse.

it was only the last cup where not all the NCL teams entered due to pettiness at the top with management trying to prove who has more power.

All im saying is the fact that the regional side have outplayed the NCL sides on a regular bases based on the last few years when they have met at the top level, not just a one of game,,,
if the winter based teams had to turn a team out in the middle of summer like you suggest i suposed they would cope the same way the NCL sides cope
by turning half ther second team out and cancelling there reseve game.

it can still be called a national cup because any team can enter

Edited by sbull, 30 January 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#63 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

the moorends coach must know their strengths, theyve not entered the 'national' cup.

I've mentioned on another thread why the Moorends coach/Committee never entered the National Cup
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#64 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

if the compertition is less on a weekly bases for non NCL clubs but yet they can still enter and win the national cup shouldn’t they be congratulated more for being able to raise there standard?

I have herd the argument about teams only raising there game before, I have even used that excuse myself but in my humble opinion it is what it says just an excuse.

it was only the last cup where not all the NCL teams entered due to pettiness at the top with management trying to prove who has more power.

All im saying is the fact that the regional side have outplayed the NCL sides on a regular bases based on the last few years when they have met at the top level, not just a one of game,,,
if the winter based teams had to turn a team out in the middle of summer like you suggest i suposed they would cope the same way the NCL sides cope

And those regional sides do play each other every week so to me that suggest that they are playing at a good standard every week.

#65 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

There is no democracy at the RFL and the Community Board set up is a clear example of that , even if Barla did take something to the Table the way the CB is constructed they would just simply get blackballed by people on the CB who do not want Barla to play any part in the future of the game .

And could any one tell me when the posistions on the CB are up for re-election ?

Can you tell me who votes?

#66 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Can you tell me who votes?

Abridged versions of the Community Board minutes can be found on the RFL website Marauder.. Those persons referred to as being present have a vote , those referred to as in attendace do not.

The constituent members have their own mechanisms for putting people forward. In the case of the Juniors Taxi Egg I believe that is through the Youth and Junior Council ( not the Barla one ) That's supposed to satisfy the democratic process but if anyone feels they are being short changed they should raise it initially within their own organisations and if necessary thereafter with David Gent ,Kelly Barratt or even one of the independent members.......

The independent members are appointed by the RFL Board for a fixed 2 year period at a time.

Hope the above helps

#67 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Are you supposed to communicate with those you represent ?

#68 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

How comes BARLA are tier 4 with a rep and the RFL have a tier 4 rep in Mr Coyd

#69 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Another nod in the democratic process that is the CB :angry:

#70 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Another nod in the democratic process that is the CB :angry:

I've been trying to work out how every part of the game is equally represented.

#71 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

its not :lol:

#72 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

its not :lol:

Looks more like jobs for the yes sir boys., I've been looking at the minutes of a few CB meetings, whats the point, everything seems to come from the RFL except any other business.

#73 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

How very dare you :rolleyes:

#74 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

How very dare you :rolleyes:

Arn't the RFL supposed to encourage the 4 seasons?

#75 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

i still wonder why the 'biggest' league operating only has about 17 representatives taking part in the national cup when there seems to be an outrage that the ncl leagues arent providing teams, apart from 1 or 2 sides. surely there should be more sides entering from the pennine winter league, plus other winter leagues, ie the 'thriving' hull league or nwc league or have most of these sides had enough too.

#76 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

i still wonder why the 'biggest' league operating only has about 17 representatives taking part in the national cup when there seems to be an outrage that the ncl leagues arent providing teams, apart from 1 or 2 sides. surely there should be more sides entering from the pennine winter league, plus other winter leagues, ie the 'thriving' hull league or nwc league or have most of these sides had enough too.

i dont think there is much of an outrage its up to each indirvidual clubs to put a team in if they wish, its just disappointing that because people at the top are only interested in slagging each other off instead of concentrating on whats best for the game, its the players who are suffering, the national cup as always been a great competition to enter and yet another step back in my opionion,

Edited by sbull, 31 January 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#77 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

IMO the teams at the top are far to strong for the ones at the bottom of tier 4, so the competition has stagnated, maybe the National cup needs to either be split into a couple of separate competitions or have a continuation cup for the ones knocked out early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users