Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Non-Playing Membership

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

We will soon be announcing a new club in Copenhagen. There will be player fees and we also hope to charge non-playing member fees.

Non-playing members will get a polo shirt, but is there much else that we can offer? Members would get a vote and the option of being on a mailing list, and free tickets to games and internationals. However, clearly people would mainly pay to give support and I wonder how we can make it worth their while?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#2 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Jacksonville Axeman had a distance membership package which offered a tee shirt, photos, season guide, e-zine.... but you could add Car Stickers, Hats, Window Stickers, Invite to Awards Night / Presentation night...

Innovation is the key to success - how are you going to appeal to people like me, sympathetic to RL and International Growth to part with my 200Kr or whatever.... the point is more the intangible benefit, eg, im not paying for you and 16 ex pats to play 3 or 4 games a year. But show me Danes playing and the sport taking a grip in country, working with the RLEF and moving forward in a joined up manner and youll capture a fair few hearts, minds AND wallets.

#3 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Don't spend too much of the money on "stuff" that you have to shell out for - make sure if you do send some merchandise out that it helps "spread the word". You could have two levels - a minimum level that would be virtually a donation and another that included stash.

We've had sponsors who gave us money but wanted to be on a new kit, get free tickets for Grand Final etc., polos, replica shirts at which point we'd spent all the money they gave us! (We do have a very good one who has given us lots of cash and has turned down all the freebies - we just make sure he gets publicity)

As MRL says, focus the funding on the non-playing membership to a particular project that helps development and most of your contributors will be more than happy.

Edited by tim2, 09 January 2013 - 09:36 AM.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Jacksonville Axeman [...]

I guess I should have read this thread before the International one!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

free tickets to games and internationals

If you help set up :)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I guess I should have read this thread before the International one!

Great minds!

#7 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

W
Last season we charged £25 for non playing membership, and for that we offered a Cents polo shirt, free entry to all home games (as we didn't charge this was a bit naughty I suppose, but sounded good) and in the clubhouse after the teams have been fed, any spare food is offered, free, to members. Most people do realise its a way to make money for the club, but it is nice to give something in return.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users