i feel sad

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

........that we,the fans,don't even bother with a "new kit" thread anymore.........

its come to the point where i'll offer my time,1day a week, to organise,co-ordinate and design ORLFC kit every year FOR NOTHING!!.......and i'll do it so it's out in time for christmas each year!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I understand your frustration but is the hold up the design of the kit or is it getting sponsors onboard?

#3 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

it was mentioned when picking up the tickets in tongue and cheek that if they bring back hoops we'd have bought one on the spot back in Dec.

But the girl at the ticket office hadnt the fogiest about the design sadly and as tosh says its a sponsor thing apparently.

#4 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

its all too much for one man to do!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#5 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Oh no some one has mentioned hoops.So that will be discarded to the bottom of CHs office bin for this years kit design.Stand by for a multi coloured barf disaster not bearing any resemblance to a rugby kit.

#6 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Oh no some one has mentioned hoops.So that will be discarded to the bottom of CHs office bin for this years kit design.Stand by for a multi coloured barf disaster not bearing any resemblance to a rugby kit.

apologies for cursing it, most likely right though and it'll be some modern take on hoops that looks more like taking a acid trip through a kaleidoscope

#7 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

to be honest if only 200 or 300 attend the games ..............how many are they going to sell ......................and AT A LOSS ....after all the fafffffffing about

U only need to look at the number of visits ...and posts to see that all the interest has GONE

Edited by Roughyedz, 11 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

That old red hooped shirt was the best one you've had that I've seen, a classic rugby shirt!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

That old red hooped shirt was the best one you've had that I've seen, a classic rugby shirt!

Pugwash.

The red and white hooped shirt and blue shorts kit WAS Oldham RLFC

#10 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

The red and white hooped shirt and blue shorts kit WAS Oldham RLFC

The only way you could tell Oldham, Leigh, Batley and Wigan apart was the fact that only the Roughyeds wore blue shorts.

#11 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

The only way you could tell Oldham, Leigh, Batley and Wigan apart was the fact that only the Roughyeds wore blue shorts.

And when there was a clash we wore plain white and later blue hoops. The blue shorts look much better than Wigan' s white.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 12 January 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#12 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

What always used to annoy me was that in some programmes we would be described as wearing red and white hoops and blue knickers

#13 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

What always used to annoy me was that in some programmes we would be described as wearing red and white hoops and blue knickers

You are going back to the 1950's with knickers being mentioned in the programmes
Posted Image

#14 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

You are going back to the 1950's with knickers being mentioned in the programmes

Absolutely!! Showing my age unfortunately

#15 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

In days of yore the word 'knickers' was regularly used to describe players shorts, or longs as they were. Indeed the New York Knicks are called the New York Knickerbockers. Some American comedians call our football 22 men prancing around in ladie's underwear, not far wrong either!!

What was the full name of your full back of the red hoops era. Long blond hair, surname Martin I think. He was one of the best I've ever seen, taking kicks on the run and a wicked change of pace, scored and made many tries against us and probably others. Nostalgia!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#16 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

In days of yore the word 'knickers' was regularly used to describe players shorts, or longs as they were. Indeed the New York Knicks are called the New York Knickerbockers. Some American comedians call our football 22 men prancing around in ladie's underwear, not far wrong either!!

What was the full name of your full back of the red hoops era. Long blond hair, surname Martin I think. He was one of the best I've ever seen, taking kicks on the run and a wicked change of pace, scored and made many tries against us and probably others. Nostalgia!!

Pugwash.

Do you mean Martin Murphy? Played 1966-82.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 13 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#17 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Yes I think that must have been the guy, I have no memory for names. Sixteen years with one club, you don't often see that these days do you?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#18 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Didn't Murph play for Hornets for a short time ? I may be mistaken.

#19 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Didn't Murph play for Hornets for a short time ? I may be mistaken.

No, I don't think he ever played for Hornets.
I can't think of any Oldham players who moved to Rochdale off the top of my head.

#20 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Malcolm Price?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users