• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Kenyan winger joins the club

Oxford RL recruitment roll continues today with the signing of winger Lucas Onyango. Lucas previously played for Oldham where he made 11 appearances last season scoring 4 tries in the process. He started his Rugby League career at the Widnes Vikings in 2005 and made his debut against Warrington Wolves before moving to Oldham. Lucas has also represented the Kenyan sevens rugby union team at the Commonwealth Games and also played for the 15 a side team at international level.
Coach Tony Benson was delighted at securing the services of Onyango. "He is a very experienced winger, Lucas is also a qualified sports scientist and keeps himself very fit. He scores lots of tries, is very strong defensively and is good with the high ball.
"Lucas is a great character and will become a fans favourite."

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#62 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

It looks like OLDHAM will be playing OLDHAM this season if Tony Benson carries on with his signings.

#63 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Oxford snap up Shark

Oxford have secured the services of Second Row Tala Petelo who has joined from the West London Sharks.
Tala said on his move "Being asked to join Oxford RL in the inaugural season is both exciting and a privilege. I'm looking forward to playing under Tony and can't wait for the season to get underway."
"It is always extra tough being the new team on the block, but having met the squad and staff, i'm sure we will be the team to watch for the coming season."

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#64 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Oxford move for All Gold

Oxford RL ranks grew again today with confirmation of the signing of 23 year old Nath Rainer.
Rainer who is a robust prop and can also play second row joins from the University of Gloucestershire All Golds. He has also represented Wales RL students where he played in the 2012 Student Rugby League Four Nations Tournament.
On joining Oxford Nath said, "I am very happy to be joining Oxford as my first professional team. Oxford has an experienced board with equally experienced coaches to help develop me as a player to send me in the right direction.
"Already Oxford, and especially Tony Benson, has shown great support since I have signed which has been very encouraging. All the ingredients needed to make a great, successful club are there which I hope I can contribute to. I’m very much looking forward to pre season to meet up with the squad and get the Championship One campaign underway."
Coach Tony Benson said of his latest recruit, "He did really well in the trials, ran with the ball a lot and supported the runners. He worked very hard defensively, is big and powerful and has room to offload. I was very impressed with him and he has a big future ahead of him."

Nath played for the Sonics last summer. Good lad. He told me about this proposed move before Christmas - good to see it come off.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#65 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,462 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

I am starting to get excited about this. Is there a Danish Supporters Group yet, or will I have to start it?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#66 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Oxford recruitment drive gathers pace

Oxford are delighted to announce the signing of 18 year old Centre Scott Critchley. Scott who has played for Oxfordshire Rugby Union and RGC 1404 in his short playing career so far.

Scott was thrilled to have joined the club and said, "I am really happy to have joined Oxford as I believe this is exciting times to have a club like this in a city that loves its rugby. This was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made and I can't wait to learn from both the coaches and my teammates, I think we can do some great things this year and I can't wait to pull on the jersey and walk out onto the Iffley road pitch.

"My aims this year are to nail down a starting place in the team and stay there week in week out and to keep getting better and better."

Scott is the son of former Welsh league international Jason Critchley who's playing career included spells for Widnes, Salford, Castleford and Wakefield.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#67 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Another Welsh player in the semi professional ranks?

Edited by deluded pom?, 22 February 2013 - 05:54 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#68 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Oxford recruitment drive gathers pace

Oxford are delighted to announce the signing of 18 year old Centre Scott Critchley. Scott who has played for Oxfordshire Rugby Union and RGC 1404 in his short playing career so far.

Scott was thrilled to have joined the club and said, "I am really happy to have joined Oxford as I believe this is exciting times to have a club like this in a city that loves its rugby. This was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made and I can't wait to learn from both the coaches and my teammates, I think we can do some great things this year and I can't wait to pull on the jersey and walk out onto the Iffley road pitch.

"My aims this year are to nail down a starting place in the team and stay there week in week out and to keep getting better and better."

Scott is the son of former Welsh league international Jason Critchley who's playing career included spells for Widnes, Salford, Castleford and Wakefield.

RGC 1404 sounds like some sort of an astronomical object like a galactic cluster or a supernova remnant

#69 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Roden flies into Oxford

Oxford's ranks grew further today with the capture of hooker Martin Roden. Roden made 15 appearances last season for the Oldham Roughyeds and also had a spell in charge for the final four games as caretaker coach.
The former Wigan and Leigh player will combine a playing role along with being the club’s Assistant and Fitness coach.
“I'm delighted to be part of Oxford RL, Rugby League is in my blood and to be given an opportunity to be part of something historic in Oxford is an honour and I’m looking forward to working with the club’s partners on the fitness and analysis side.”
Roden, who has a degree in sports science and works full-time in his own gym, added, "My professional background is in fitness, I've worked as a player under some top coaches but the thought of our link with Wakefield Wildcats and Oxford Brookes University is very exciting.”
The added advantage of Roden’s skills to the squad as a player/coach, is his ability to personalise and tailor specific sports science for an individual so it benefits both player and the team as a whole.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#70 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Jeez do Oldham have any players left?
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#71 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm not sure where Hemel will get a Championship 1 standard side from either. At least they're very well run in other respects.

Without splashing the cash IMO Hemel are in the better position long term.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#72 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Dual Reg

#73 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Without splashing the cash IMO Hemel are in the better position long term.

Correct - and they too have dual reg in place with the Broncos.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#74 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Correct - and they too have dual reg in place with the Broncos.

Hull FC must have been 3 decades in front of the RFL when they wanted to play their `A` team (Out of Goole) in what is now the chapionship

#75 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

very few of those from the last couple of years. Tbh those players and tony Benson weren't able to deliver. Oldham is now in a stronger position with new younger, more eager players under Naylor. Good luck to Oxford, but can't see those ex oldhamians doing any better than the last couple of seasons. Will be a good game whenwe play themthough. They'll be up for it.

#76 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Oldhamians? Oldhamers if you dont mind! ;-)
Or Roughyeds of course!

#77 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Oldhamians? Oldhamers if you dont mind! ;-)
Or Roughyeds of course!

I'm from the posh end, Holts. Heh heh heh. :D

#78 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I hear it's 'Holts Village' now - lahdeedaaaa ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users