Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

James Robinson

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Good to see that he has been given a new contract and a testimonial year. Great club-man.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

yeah hope he raises a decent amount of cash because hes done a lot for this club on and off the field.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

The kind of player a club like ours is built on, deserves a great testimonial year and all our thanks.

#4 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Top clubman who deserves his testimonial but away from the sentimental stuff, he's surely only being signed as cover for our injury crisis? Nowhere near good enough for this level of rugby.

#5 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

he always gives 100% and suprises a few!! i say well done cotter

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I agree it's mainly to reward his service with a testimonial and who can argue with that . The level we're at on the field this season and the standard needed to compete and win its hard to see him figuring , but one club men are rare and deserve off field rewards and recognition , and the year will give him that . And what better year ... Gonna be great !

Edited by DavidM, 09 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#7 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Certainly is a grafter and a good clubman...... He deserves it!!!
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#8 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

He won't let himself Or the club down against some of the weaker sides in this league but he played well against some of the better sides early last season.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 09 January 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

He was brill I will never forget keighley away 2011 playoff semi he was immense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users