TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

An eerie silence from Gloucester All Golds.

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#21 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Easy enough to start a Pitchero site like may semi pro soccer/yawnion clubs do !

what like this one?? http://www.pitchero....info-65967.html this is the gloucestershire all golds pitchero..

a google search for Gloucestershire all golds brings up quite a lot of articles and the pitchero site http://www.google.co...iw=1440&bih=738

It seems that this silence is mostly caused by people not being bothered to look.. (Seems to be a general malaze of society that with the internet people have got more lazy.. we get loads of people asking "i cant find your xyz anywhere EVEN ON THE INTERNET" i then do a goodle search for our product and there it is in umpteen shops on the internet they just need to look!)

#22 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

The site you refer to is Glos Warriors. The all golds have a tiny bit mostly out of date with little news or ticket info etc. I really want it to be a success but without engaging with their community I cant see how this will happen. All I can do is see a comparison with Oxford and see that the two clubs are miles apart in their preperation

#23 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

The site you refer to is Glos Warriors. The all golds have a tiny bit mostly out of date with little news or ticket info etc. I really want it to be a success but without engaging with their community I cant see how this will happen. All I can do is see a comparison with Oxford and see that the two clubs are miles apart in their preperation

I asked this at the time and was told in response that the All Golds in terms of cashflow are not dependent on getting big gates.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#24 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

It has all the Gloustershire All Golds news on it and it linked thorugh google.. i think it is more to do with not changing the livery from Glos Warriors as all the info is about the All golds, every sub heading is "gloucesterhire All Golds player/coaches" "Gloucestershire All Golds Homepage" "Gloucestershire All Golds Fixtures" etc and also has their fixtures and results on so it looks like its their pitchero site to be fair, just have a look rather than a skirting critism, either way a quick google search and there is loads on them including that Pitchero site..

yes they may not be doing as well on that from as oxford but to be fair clubs can be all singing and all dancing and still fail.. the key is to get the basic balancing of books etc to be right... they need people through the gate but they have time to get info out to the press before their first games and as long as they succeed on a local scale it doesnt matter what on a national scale they are like at the moment.

Edited by RP London, 10 January 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#25 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have seen from their Facebook site that a website is to be launched by tomorrow and I know they're in training.
About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#26 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I think there's a club in every county except Herefordshire, which is basically a large field anyway (ranked 46/48 for population density, above Northumberland and Cumbria), so that's to be expected

No clubs in Westmorland, Rutland, Cornwall, Dorset, Cambridgeshire or Berkshire based on traditional boundaries.

From 2014 down to just east midlands lacking tier 2.

#27 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I have seen from their Facebook site that a website is to be launched by tomorrow and I know they're in training.

more news from them??? god its quiet

#28 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

No clubs in Westmorland, Rutland, Cornwall, Dorset, Cambridgeshire or Berkshire based on traditional boundaries.

We're excluding universities then as I assume Cambridge University is in Cambridgeshire?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#29 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

We're excluding universities then as I assume Cambridge University is in Cambridgeshire?

Yes. Otherwise Cambridgeshire and Berkshire would be covered and possibly Cornwall

#30 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yes. Otherwise Cambridgeshire and Berkshire would be covered and possibly Cornwall

Cornwall do not appear to have any clubs but they do have a county side who played Devon on 29th August, 2012, the birthdate of the Northern Union, to celebrate 100 years of RL being played in Devon.

#31 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

This silence is appalling. I'm OUTRAGED.
Posted Image

#32 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Rugby league 'fans' desperately seek negativity.

#33 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

There's another trial - with 'invited players', I think - sometime soon. They've signed a few as far as I know but haven't gone public yet - they may be storing it all up for a snazzy pre-season launch in February or March. Oh, and look out for some more news next week ;)
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#34 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

There's another trial - with 'invited players', I think - sometime soon. They've signed a few as far as I know but haven't gone public yet - they may be storing it all up for a snazzy pre-season launch in February or March. Oh, and look out for some more news next week ;)

Conference South?

#35 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

http://www.therhinos.../news/19318.php

Apparently Leeds are sending their U19's team to play the team no one can find any news about.

I would go but I know nothing about this game.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 10 January 2013 - 06:19 PM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#36 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

The Daddy_merged Glad you mentioned it? :)

#37 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

One of the reasons for including the All Golds was the opportunity to utilise the resources of the university. The website is an example of this in action. It has been made into a student project and will, therefore, be completed the night before season kick-off - or not if there's a chance of a night out.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#38 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

If Northampton had made the starting gate this time and Coventry get the nod in 2014 that would have given us the nine. May be wait for a Nottingham bid further down the track?
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#39 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

*tumbleweed*

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#40 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

If Northampton had made the starting gate this time and Coventry get the nod in 2014 that would have given us the nine. May be wait for a Nottingham bid further down the track?

Nottingham don't have any Championship 1 ambitions. Loughborough would be possible if the student model works. Though guess that would hit Nottingham hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users