TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

An eerie silence from Gloucester All Golds.

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#41 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

*tumbleweed*

:)
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#42 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I asked this at the time and was told in response that the All Golds in terms of cashflow are not dependent on getting big gates.

Real shame. Would have thought any club would want fans.

#43 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

This silence is appalling. I'm OUTRAGED.

Fantastic. See, to me this is an excellent event yet locally very little advertisement. I teach locally and not heard a whisper of this opportunity for local teachers. Although this might be due to the head of pe not passing it on.

#44 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Non of my comments are 'being negative'. I am forever bigging up RL down South. I just feel that having a real bonus in having a semi pro club not too far from where i live is a one off opportunity that is being badly managed so far. If they start to sort out their act (as a few of your posts suggest they are doing) then brilliant, nobody will be as pleased as I will be.

#45 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

It is always this way BBR - you are either blindly enthusiastic about anything "expansion" or you are evil fl@capper who hates southerners.

Edited by Northern Sol, 10 January 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#46 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

No clubs in Westmorland, Rutland, Cornwall, Dorset, Cambridgeshire or Berkshire based on traditional boundaries.

From 2014 down to just east midlands lacking tier 2.

Technically not as Midlands Scholarship sides and Eagles Scholarships and Academy are Tier 2 and both play in East Midlands...... as the Eagles first team did and indeed England Youth in 2011 and 2012 respectively!

#47 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/m/news/19318.php

Apparently Leeds are sending their U19's team to play the team no one can find any news about.

I would go but I know nothing about this game.

Are our coaches going? ;)
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#48 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

It is always this way BBR - you are either blindly enthusiastic about anything "expansion" or you are evil fl@capper who hates southerners.

Yeah I got abuse for criticising Northampton Rebels on here.

#49 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

I won't hear a word against the Rebels. They'll prove all the haterz wrong this year.

#50 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Non of my comments are 'being negative'. I am forever bigging up RL down South. I just feel that having a real bonus in having a semi pro club not too far from where i live is a one off opportunity that is being badly managed so far. If they start to sort out their act (as a few of your posts suggest they are doing) then brilliant, nobody will be as pleased as I will be.

TBH, I think most of the more overtly positive responses (including mine) are because of the quite needlessly negative opening post. Nobody wants another Northampton and that situation was (in my view) handled about as well as a bad situation could be - although the RFL got into the mess with a bit of wide-eyed optimism that was quite ridiculous.

Northampton on the outside were doing a lot of the things that people now say the All Golds were doing: they were doing local promotion, running RL clinics and getting fans involved via websites etc. We don't know how the All Golds will pan out but the fact that they aren't doing much of those things but seem to be doing more about getting a team on the field strikes me as a good way of doing things - hopefully they will, in time, be doing both.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#51 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

The thing is that there has been a bit of concern that the university model will exclude the people of the town who should be part of bedrock of the RL community. It's not exactly a good thing that the UGG have no website but you can read about their existence if you trawl through the youth pages on Leeds Rhinos website. How many people in Gloucestershire will be doing that?

#52 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Think Crusaders. How much vitriol was thrown at those who said that they weren't ready for SL? They lasted one season before relocating under a financial crisis then folding two years later.

The number of mudslingers who later admitted that they had been foolish = 0.

#53 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

anyone know the score from their friendly last night?

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#54 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Conference South?

Nope - though the line-up of Conference South and fixture format should be announced soon, as clubs have been asked about different season structures etc
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#55 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Nope - though the line-up of Conference South and fixture format should be announced soon, as clubs have been asked about different season structures etc

Yeah heard some of what's happening. Just a shame the league isn't bigger

#56 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Have I missed out the Eastern Region here? Thus we're still short of 3 semi pro clubs presently; Eastern Region, West Midlands & East Midlands.

Edited by audois, 11 January 2013 - 01:51 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#57 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Have I missed out the Eastern Region here? Thus we're still short of 3 semi pro clubs presently; Eastern Region, West Midlands & East Midlands.

Hemel

#58 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

TBH, I think most of the more overtly positive responses (including mine) are because of the quite needlessly negative opening post. Nobody wants another Northampton and that situation was (in my view) handled about as well as a bad situation could be - although the RFL got into the mess with a bit of wide-eyed optimism that was quite ridiculous.

Northampton on the outside were doing a lot of the things that people now say the All Golds were doing: they were doing local promotion, running RL clinics and getting fans involved via websites etc. We don't know how the All Golds will pan out but the fact that they aren't doing much of those things but seem to be doing more about getting a team on the field strikes me as a good way of doing things - hopefully they will, in time, be doing both.

Northampton seemed to be the typical soccer club looking to make money out of having a RL club using their facilities, especially since RL is now a summer sport. When the realities dawned and the expected profits weren't right around the corner, they bailed out. Fulham, Carlisle and Mansfield all did the same. When the money ceased to flow in they bailed.

Gloucester have no such soccer tie up and, I think, Lionel Hirst, a proven RL afficiondo, is involved so they have the best intersets of the game of RL at heart. The University tie up is new and unique for our game so i am hopeful it will all work out.

#59 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Didn't realise Hemel was ER - had it down to Southern with Oxford.

With soccer link ups the shared costs only seem to work with bigger set ups - Huddersfield and Wigan; do the likes of Rochdale and Doncaster benefit.

In the south you have these three new set ups each with its own unique aspect - HS long established, Oxford with name and impressive administration and UGAG with university link. Should be exciting to see how they all fare. I wonder what Skolars make of it all.

Edited by audois, 11 January 2013 - 11:07 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#60 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Northampton seemed to be the typical soccer club looking to make money out of having a RL club using their facilities, especially since RL is now a summer sport. When the realities dawned and the expected profits weren't right around the corner, they bailed out. Fulham, Carlisle and Mansfield all did the same. When the money ceased to flow in they bailed.

Gloucester have no such soccer tie up and, I think, Lionel Hirst, a proven RL afficiondo, is involved so they have the best intersets of the game of RL at heart. The University tie up is new and unique for our game so i am hopeful it will all work out.

They have the interests of the university at heart, only a rugby league club has the interests of rugby league at heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users