Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Police and Crime Commissioner Shows Support for the Tigers

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Castleford Tigers are delighted to confirm that the region’s first Police and Crime Commissioner, Mark Burns-Williamson has offered his whole-hearted support of the new membership scheme by joining as a platinum member.

Mark Burns-Williamson OBE has been a local councillor for 14 years and joins the new position after serving as chairman of the West Yorkshire Police Authority since 2003. The Labour politician lives in Glasshoughton and has been watching matches at Wheldon Road since 1969 when his Dad first took him down to a match as a youngster. As representative for the Castleford Central and Glasshoughton Ward, he has also worked closely with the club to assist on its proposals for a new stadium.

He said, “I am very proud of my Castleford roots and the club has a fantastic community and supporter base that is extremely important to the town and beyond in the wider catchment area.

"There is no doubt we are in difficult economic times, but I believe the club can have a very bright future and that is why I wanted to offer my own personal support by joining the new membership scheme and a long standing season ticket holder of many years. The Tigers have a successful history and I would love to see it return to those glory days....it is a town that is steeped in rugby league through and through.”

Tigers CEO, Steve Ferres added, “It is a privilege to have the support of a man who has contributed so much to the local community. On behalf of the club I would like to thank Mark for his contribution both as a platinum member and through the assistance he has provided in his capacity as councillor.

I hope, like Mark, people of Castleford realise how important the club is to the town and its community by joining us next season.”

Claire Lakhera
Media Manager

Edited by Honor James, 09 January 2013 - 04:44 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Cas fan buys club membership shocker!

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,289 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Cas fan uses his media profile to promote club and encourages others to follow his good example.

I'd say that was a good thing, would't you?

#4 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

wonder if he issued this statment during his working time instead of getting on with doing his job of getting to the bottom of the police budget and the amount of waste that could be cut from it .
come to think of it his wages could be cut from it and the croney of his he has indicated he will employ as his assistant
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,289 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

FFS! I'm assuming that you were at home not working when you posted this. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to actually see any good in anything?

#6 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

FFS! I'm assuming that you were at home not working when you posted this. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to actually see any good in anything?

its always good to see something good but as his wages come out of my council tax i have a right to know.
by the way i am at home at present as im off to work in a couple of hours during which time i will be doing the job i am paid for

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

its always good to see something good but as his wages come out of my council tax i have a right to know.
by the way i am at home at present as im off to work in a couple of hours during which time i will be doing the job i am paid for

i used to work for LCC,my wages were paid for by tax payers ,part of it went on my season ticket at Leeds,is that a problem?
What someone does with their wages is their own business.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

as his wages come out of my council tax i have a right to know.

What someone does with their wages is their own business.

I work for a water company. That doesn't mean that everyone who pays their water bill has a right to know what I spend my wages on
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#9 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Cas fan uses his media profile to promote club and encourages others to follow his good example.

I'd say that was a good thing, would't you?

When did i say it wasn't?

#10 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKsK7QMgKPg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

The only reason southstand loiner is upset is that Castleford are showing the potential to beat Leeds in the race for the most banal press release reposted verbatim by Honor on TotalRL, a sport in which Leeds were untouchable in 2012.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,289 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

When did i say it wasn't?

apologies, but your response seemed to indicate that you were less than impressed

#13 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

The only reason southstand loiner is upset is that Castleford are showing the potential to beat Leeds in the race for the most banal press release reposted verbatim by Honor on TotalRL, a sport in which Leeds were untouchable in 2012.

ok i give up you found me out .

couldnt care less were he gives his money my point was about wether he did this in his own time or in working time but hey who knows apart from him .

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

couldnt care less were he gives his money my point was about wether he did this in his own time or in working time but hey who knows apart from him .

Next time I buy something from Marks & Spencer's I am going to demand to know if any of their staff have spent works time on the interweb thingy and demand that they reduce the price to me by the equivalent cash in time, why should I pay for their workers to be on the web.

I suppose you will be doing the same at every shop etc. you visit.

Its your money after all.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#15 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,289 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

my point was about wether he did this in his own time or in working time but hey who knows apart from him .

understood. these days, though, the line between own time and working time is increasingly blurred so to me, if you work 10 mins, or ten hours over your hours, there is nothing wrong with clawing a bit of that back. Same with those companies that restrict or monitor email and web access at work on the grounds that it robbing the company of working time. That's OK as long as they keep to strict hours.

#16 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

understood. these days, though, the line between own time and working time is increasingly blurred so to me, if you work 10 mins, or ten hours over your hours, there is nothing wrong with clawing a bit of that back. Same with those companies that restrict or monitor email and web access at work on the grounds that it robbing the company of working time. That's OK as long as they keep to strict hours.

I often log on to work at weekends to keep an eye on certain processes that I may have running which I would prefer kept running, though its no skin off my nose if they do stop.

I don't claim overtime for this, if I worked in the private sector though I bloody well would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users