Welcome to our world

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Interesting comments from Rangers CEO Charles Green regarding a proposed shake up of Scottish football that would deny them the opportunity for promotion this year if it goes through.

According to Green, the remainder of Rangers' season will be rendered meaningless if the proposals are accepted.
He said: "If this does happen what is the point of us finishing the season?
"Why should we send players out to get broken noses, or have players getting surgery when no-one can get promoted and no-one can get relegated.
"We might as well have a winter break now 'til next August.
"I can't see any point in carrying on with meaningless matches.
"In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season?
"There is no meaning to it, in reality."

He might be even more frustrated if his team came top of his division for three years running & were denied promotion.

It makes you think........

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

:lol:
Have a slice o' pie charlie boy! Meaningless? I think suggy's been bangin that particular drum for 5 yrs now!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

:lol:
Have a slice o' pie charlie boy! Meaningless? I think suggy's been bangin that particular drum for 5 yrs now!

Robin when will you learn, this is Rugby League not football.

Rugby League is unique and as had to deal with so much politics over the years and they have also had to deal with poor administrators such as Bill Fallowfield.

One final thing it took me a while to understand this because of your yorkshire dialect. Why do you post this way?
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I don't use this forum!

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

he's just expressing his opinion vichy is entitled to do.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Interesting comments from Rangers CEO Charles Green regarding a proposed shake up of Scottish football that would deny them the opportunity for promotion this year if it goes through.

According to Green, the remainder of Rangers' season will be rendered meaningless if the proposals are accepted.
He said: "If this does happen what is the point of us finishing the season?
"Why should we send players out to get broken noses, or have players getting surgery when no-one can get promoted and no-one can get relegated.
"We might as well have a winter break now 'til next August.
"I can't see any point in carrying on with meaningless matches.
"In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season?
"There is no meaning to it, in reality."

He might be even more frustrated if his team came top of his division for three years running & were denied promotion.

It makes you think........

I see he's been blustering abd making threats not to finish the season... the whole 'what's the point?' emotion, and to some extent I have some sympathy with him. We've banged on about the injustices in our sport for long enough.
It's just that Rangers are feeling it at the mo and the restructure offers them little by way of progression from their enforced demotion.
The SPL clubs voted to relegate rangers. Sl clubs would not do the same to any SL club unless there was absolutely no other alternative.
Rangers were rightfully demoted in my opinion. But they have been shafted on the restructure and so I can forgive Charlie boys outbursts.
Northern, Salford and Wakey got off lucky in my opinion.

#7 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I see he's been blustering abd making threats not to finish the season... the whole 'what's the point?' emotion, and to some extent I have some sympathy with him. We've banged on about the injustices in our sport for long enough.
It's just that Rangers are feeling it at the mo and the restructure offers them little by way of progression from their enforced demotion.
The SPL clubs voted to relegate rangers. Sl clubs would not do the same to any SL club unless there was absolutely no other alternative.
Rangers were rightfully demoted in my opinion. But they have been shafted on the restructure and so I can forgive Charlie boys outbursts.

Possibly dragging the thread off topic, but what exactly are the proposals for Scottish football? From what I've read, there will be 3 divisions, which in effect would make no difference to Rangers, as from next season they'd need to be promoted twice to get back into the top flight. If things remain as they are, and they gain promotion this season, they'd still need to get promoted twice to make the top division. That would mean the changes would not really impact upon them, unless they fail to get promotion this season under the current scheme, in which case the changes would be of benefit.

Have I missed something here?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#8 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Who is this Northern you speak of

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Possibly dragging the thread off topic, but what exactly are the proposals for Scottish football? From what I've read, there will be 3 divisions, which in effect would make no difference to Rangers, as from next season they'd need to be promoted twice to get back into the top flight. If things remain as they are, and they gain promotion this season, they'd still need to get promoted twice to make the top division. That would mean the changes would not really impact upon them, unless they fail to get promotion this season under the current scheme, in which case the changes would be of benefit.

Latest propsal is 12-12-18. You're right - it'll still take Rangers the same time to get back to the SPL - assuming they keep winning.

What I don't understand is this comment that you win something and play the same teams the following year. Bit rich for a club that's been in the top division of Scottish football since 1890 (until last year...) <_<
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#10 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Latest propsal is 12-12-18. You're right - it'll still take Rangers the same time to get back to the SPL - assuming they keep winning.

What I don't understand is this comment that you win something and play the same teams the following year. Bit rich for a club that's been in the top division of Scottish football since 1890 (until last year...) <_<

I do understand it, although I see where you are coming from. The idea is that you keep improving and playing teams of a higher standard until you reach the top of your sport. No P&R does prevent this. However, in this particular case, if the proposed structure is adopted (and as you say, Rangers continue to win), then I can't see what his beef is as there is no potential detriment to Rangers.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users