Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Is Adrian Morley Right?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

http://www.express.c...n-do-the-double

#2 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

Yes he's right in the fact that they can but will they is a different matter.

I personally think the league & cup double will be won this year but it'll be part of a treble with the World Club Challenge.

Always an optimist me!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 10 January 2013 - 07:01 AM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#3 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Warrington and Wigan are the best, consistent teams in the league. If they did a Leeds and sat back for the regular rounds they would smash anyone.

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Will be an interesting year for Wigan with key players leaving and new signings having to settle in.. but can't argue with Morley's claims.. Warrington will have the same settled team from last season, with no new signings, which could be to their advantage.

Think St.Helens and Hull might be dark horses for the cup this year.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,824 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Warrington and Wigan are the best, consistent teams in the league. If they did a Leeds and sat back for the regular rounds they would smash anyone.

I disagree with this tbh. Warrington tried to pace themselves, and it worked to an extent, with an improvement getting to the Grand Final, even after a Wembley appearance (we have seen historically how difficult this is). The problem is that you are playing a very dangerous game if you are picking and choosing your positions outside of the top 2. Leeds didn't want 5th, lets be honest, why would they want to go to Wigan in the semi finals. They only just beat Wigan in a classic, but didn;t Wigan miss their Man of Steel in that game - he is usually the difference for Wigan.

Warrington played it right IMHO last year, the only thing that stopped us was a brilliant showing from Leeds in the Grand Final, and even that was a very close game.

As for the opening question, I do think we have the talent, but the beauty of sport is that anything can happen - form, injuries, player issues, emergence of surprise clubs and individuals. It's brilliant!

#6 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

warrington are best placed to do the double with there squad but a lot can happen over the season .

by the way on a purely financial front it does pay to hold the team back for the playoffs when you look at the payment system in place for the league placings

leeds winning the grand final picked up £300k wigan going out in the semi picked up i think £150k maybe a little more im sure someone could come up with the prize money list
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#7 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,824 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

warrington are best placed to do the double with there squad but a lot can happen over the season .

by the way on a purely financial front it does pay to hold the team back for the playoffs when you look at the payment system in place for the league placings

leeds winning the grand final picked up £300k wigan going out in the semi picked up i think £150k maybe a little more im sure someone could come up with the prize money list

Remember the olden days when you used to get the huge cheques - why doesn't that happen anymore - it does in snooker and darts and stuff - even in Tennis they announce how much somebody is winning.

#8 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Of course they are good enough to do the double,I haven't seen the article,so was it a case of someone saying "hey Moz can you win the lot this year"of course he will say yes.I have a lot time for Adrian Morley
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#9 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,540 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Of course they are good enough to do the double,I haven't seen the article,so was it a case of someone saying "hey Moz can you win the lot this year"of course he will say yes.I have a lot time for Adrian Morley

:lol: :lol:

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Typical Wire arrogance, hope Kevin brings them down off their perch.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,317 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Typical Wire arrogance, hope Kevin brings them down off their perch.

It took you long enough ;)
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#12 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Remember the olden days when you used to get the huge cheques - why doesn't that happen anymore - it does in snooker and darts and stuff - even in Tennis they announce how much somebody is winning.

yep i remeber them but do cheques still exist these days ?
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users