Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

do you watch another team than the one you support?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

how many on here actively watch another team besides the one that you support, when widnes were in the CC i used to watch saints as well but now were are in super league i watch north wales crusaders, i have developed quite a soft spot for them and hope they have a good season.......................but widnes are still my number 1 club after all the highs and lows of the past 49 years of being a supporter i am as avid a supporter these days as i was when i was a young lad.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

i go to keighley , batley or dewsbury when they dont clash with leeds games and on ocassion to fev and york
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#3 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Batley or Dewsbury if Fev arent playing
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#4 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Wouldn't say I particularly go directly to another club, but I will occasionally go to another Championship fixture if it doesn't clash with a Leigh game (they do generally tend to be Swinton because of the ease of it being at Leigh or Halifax or Fev due to having mates who support them).

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Batley oe dews. I like to watch leigh or Barrow ehen they come to God's own county.
Selby warriors occasionally - they're a good set.
If fev haven't got a game I can usually find some rugby somewhere tho I do admit to enjoying the craic up at the mount.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Batley or Dewsbury if Fev arent playing

hmmm - are you sure that's it Terry?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#7 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,090 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

As posted on a previous thread,my sons team,their open age team and whatever game I can get to on a Sunday.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#8 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Due to where I live I support London Broncos, but get my regular live RL fix watching the Crusaders.

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

I go to London a few times a season

(only because the Fev fans want me to though)
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#10 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Batley because I find the club a cracking one. On small occcasins Hunslet if they have a night game because my local office is near the South Leeds stadium.

In addition I help coach my lads Under 11's Fev Lions team.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#11 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I watch the Queensland Reds when I can.

Edited by AndyCapp, 10 January 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#12 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Whoever it is that Fev are playing at the time. B)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#13 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I go to London a few times a season

(only because the Fev fans want me to though)

It's a shame you don't take more of the 'we love the game more than you do' gang with you.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#14 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan, but I've also been to London, North Herts, Featherstone, Castleford, Wakefield, Milford, Leeds Met, Denmark, Hemel, East Leeds, Kippax matches.

I'll basically go to whatever's on when I'm in the area.

My favourites are all listed in my signature

Edited by brooza, 10 January 2013 - 10:51 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Batley because I find the club a cracking one.

I enjoy visiting mosy cc clubs but I do agree barrow n batley are my favs
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#16 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

I enjoy visiting mosy cc clubs but I do agree barrow n batley are my favs

It would appear that you and me agree on a lot. When I was the club commentator the Barrow club used to make us feel so welcome. The ground is old but you is always a great view and a superb atmosphere.

At that time Dean Marwood was doing the Barrow commentary and I found the bloke very friendly and knowlegeable.

#17 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

I watch Derby City (naturally) and will go out of my way to watch Catalans when on holiday.Taking the two boys this year.

Strange as it may seem I'm going to go to Fev this season as well. Never been before but they played in the first game I ever saw at Headingley (centuries ago!). Always had a soft spot for them and if I like it I'll go back.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#18 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I watch Derby City (naturally) and will go out of my way to watch Catalans when on holiday.Taking the two boys this year.

Strange as it may seem I'm going to go to Fev this season as well. Never been before but they played in the first game I ever saw at Headingley (centuries ago!). Always had a soft spot for them and if I like it I'll go back.

It's a lot easier to park there than at Headingley!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#19 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Huddersfield Giants are my second time. Just over the hill from Halifax and a great stadium too.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#20 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

hmmm - are you sure that's it Terry?

Not with you Kenny???
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/