League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

do you watch another team than the one you support?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Not with you Kenny???

well your old mate Millman pointed you out to me at Belle Vue last time I was there and says he regularly sees you down there with your Grandson - to be fair though, as the club is just on your doorstep I can understand it
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

It would appear that you and me agree on a lot. When I was the club commentator the Barrow club used to make us feel so welcome. The ground is old but you is always a great view and a superb atmosphere.

At that time Dean Marwood was doing the Barrow commentary and I found the bloke very friendly and knowlegeable.

Some top folk at Barrow. I know daft Dez had his critics - and who on earth could blame them, but even he was pleasant enough when I spoke to him.
But now there are some top folk on board up there. As you say it's an old gaff that's falling down..... but it remains one of my fav places to visit and I'm so glad the fixture is back on this time.
Hotel booked - the brethren are doing an overnighter!!! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Don't even get to my own team's games, never mind others!

Have had to resort to attending the bigger event games.

#24 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I can't say I watch very often, but Wigan, and Hull KR I admire and are results I look out for......

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#25 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Dews n batley if fev don't have a game.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#26 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

cas under 19s
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#27 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Occasionally watch Wakey, largely due to my mate's company using the hospitality facilities most games, whenever there's a free space, he invites me along.

Also watch PRUFC on a saturday afternoon and enjoy a few beers in the clubhouse with my old man, who lives nearby.

Edited by Ponterover, 10 January 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#28 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Bramley,but not since their demise and leaving McLarenfield
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#29 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

how many on here actively watch another team besides the one that you support, when widnes were in the CC i used to watch saints as well but now were are in super league i watch north wales crusaders, i have developed quite a soft spot for them and hope they have a good season.......................but widnes are still my number 1 club after all the highs and lows of the past 49 years of being a supporter i am as avid a supporter these days as i was when i was a young lad.

Hunslet since 1966, Leeds since 1971...

Bradford many times - would have been a Bradford fan if Hunslet had gone in 1973

Keighleys a great ride over the hill

Batley, Fartown and Wakefield.

#30 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Occasionally watch Wakey, largely due to my mate's company using the hospitality facilities most games, whenever there's a free space, he invites me along.

My dad's work used to have a box at Wakey. I would drive him there and pick him up every other week, but never went to a match myself because I had absolutely no interest in watching rugby league.

What a difference a few years makes...
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Don't really have the chance with the nearest semi pro/professional club an hour and a halves drive away. Do try and watch as much as I can on the tele though.

#32 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Any Rugby in general is always worth watching

#33 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

It's a lot easier to park there than at Headingley!

not if you know where ;-)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#34 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I go to watch the Skolars regularly and the Broncos occasionally. Looking forward to seeing them play each other tomorrow afternoon.

#35 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

well your old mate Millman pointed you out to me at Belle Vue last time I was there and says he regularly sees you down there with your Grandson - to be fair though, as the club is just on your doorstep I can understand it

You caught me on the one and only occasion Kenny, took my grandson, Jack, to see the mighty Wigan. You'll remember that Tomkins try no doubt? Should have introduced yourself. Where the hell's Millman by the way and who hell is he????
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#36 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

When I was young, free and single I'd go to a game almost every Sunday as well as playing on a Saturday. If Wigan were too far away for me to get to (I often had to work until 1pm), I'd go to St Helens, Widnes or Warrington. When Chorley started up I'd often go down to Victory park and support them.

Like some others I struggle to make Wigan games these days, mainly due to the fact that my job takes me all round the country. I often count myself lucky to be home in time to sit in front of the TV on a Friday night to see a game on Sky. :(
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#37 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Ill be lucky to get to Shedingley 10 times this year but another vote here for the Gallant Youths - only a handful of games over the years as other responsibilities take prescedence, but very homely in a 'grim up north style, and Dewsbury as well

#38 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

1. Leigh - can't get there often, but I take advantage of the Leigh Life radio and video updates
2. Any amateur game I can get to where the son in law is reffing - love the the whole package : blood and guts RL ; touchline closeness (surprising what you hear) ; the banter can't be beaten ; good grub at cheap prices ; meeting people ; getting to all sorts of places. Favourites are Siddal, Saddleworth, Wath Brow and the SOO street of origin games between Leigh East & Leigh Miners, especially at night - and for closeness a walk up to see what Newsome Panthers are up to
3. Giants - had a ST last year, but can't afford this - so will go whenever we can

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#39 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Most of my rugby watching is on tv apart from Swindon St George

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#40 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Halifax and Rochdale. I've watched Halifax for quite a few years now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users