League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

do you watch another team than the one you support?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Halifax and Rochdale. I've watched Halifax for quite a few years now.

I don't do fax much. A good rivalry building up now between fev n fax. Always an edge to that game and it transfers to the pitch cos we've seen some belting games of late.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#42 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I support Wakefield but watch the amateur game, usually at Sharlston Rovers but do take in Batley and Dewsbury when Wakefield don't have a game.

#43 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Oh yeah, Skolars as well
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#44 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

with not been able to get up to Batley as much as i would like as involved with N.E.W Ravens and do occassionaly go to see Coventry Bears
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#45 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I used to watch Wigan occasionally when I couldn't travel to Saints away matches. I recall Wigan defeating a powerful Hull KR side in a league match at Central Park, which ended up with the Wigan players doing a lap of honour, such was the enormity of what they'd achieved.

#46 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

I never miss Eccles games. I only ever miss Crusaders games when Eccles are playing. If neither of them are playing I will find a game of Rugby League to watch every Saturday and Sunday at any level, except Super League. Like a few others on here I have a real soft spot for Batley. Tend to find myself there at least once a season.

#47 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Watch Egremont in the amatuer game whenever they are at home and often go to the Brow if they are at home ang Egremont away, from next season will add Kells to that list. Proffessionally, go to most of Whithaven's home games, work permitting and will go to watch many other Championship teams any any superleague clubs when the chance presents itself
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#48 deb

deb
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

how many on here actively watch another team besides the one that you support, when widnes were in the CC i used to watch saints as well but now were are in super league i watch north wales crusaders, i have developed quite a soft spot for them and hope they have a good season.......................but widnes are still my number 1 club after all the highs and lows of the past 49 years of being a supporter i am as avid a supporter these days as i was when i was a young lad.

I watch swinton, and now whitehaven, but my is Widnes Vikings is my club.

#49 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I occasionally go to the Mount when not watching Fev. I must admit that my attitude to Leeds has mellowed over the years, Twenty years ago I used to actively hate them. But they play such attractive football and Sinfield is such a great player I've come to be something of an admirer (on TV not at Headingley)
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#50 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

My Superleague club is Saints but I want both Salford and London to do well.

In the Championship I support a Yorkshire club (Sheffield) and a Lancashire club (Leigh) but only on TV as I can't afford to be there in person (but would be sometimes if I could afford to be).

In Championship 1 I am a bit conflicted. I want both Welsh teams to succeed but I consistently lean towards North Wales Crusaders as apart from anything else they have a terrific nucleus of fans who deserve a club that finally succeeds IMO. I also want the Skolars to do well as that club has been at the forefront of so much that is good in London development and they keep slogging away no matter what. It is a shame they got a trouncing at the hands of the Broncos in the Capital Challenge; the Broncos had no need to play such a strong team on that occasion given their upcoming date with the Dragons. Still, I will keep my fingers crossed that they can go one better this season and get into the Championship 1 play offs. However, I'm conflicted this season as I would also like to see the newbies have good seasons, I have developed a soft spot for Oldham (and if I were to win millions in the lottery I would build Oldham a new thief-proof club house) but I suppose I should be supporting Rochdale given that Saints have all but taken the club over. Alas! I will have to see how the Champ 1 season pans out to see if a favourite club emerges.

I don't watch any amateur RL but that isn't a conscious decision; just that there are so many in St Helens that I wouldn't know who to support. I want them all to do well I suppose.

In the NRL I supported the Bulldogs last season but only because James Graham plays for them.

Internationally aside from wanting England to win everything, I would like Wales to do well.

#51 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yes, the opposition
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#52 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Saintslass - get down to Thatto Heath on February 2nd - they are playing North Wales Crusaders.

#53 pud80

pud80
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

go down to batley or dewsbury when fev ant got a game, would go to hunslet more cos its only round corner from me but dont like the ground ,sat too far away from pitch for my liking, enjoy it at batley and dewsbury though and i aint got a super league team! :D

#54 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I kinda fell into watching Huddersfield Underbank a couple of years ago in the Conference. Now, if I have a free Saturday and they're at home I'll go and have a watch. I probably saw them half a dozen times in 2012 - and even went to the GF at Fev to give 'em a cheer!

Other than that, the only other club's jersey I wear to support them is Newtown Jets. Great people, great tradition, great club - and I get to see them twice more this year.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#55 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Saintslass - get down to Thatto Heath on February 2nd - they are playing North Wales Crusaders.

i'm going, i don't live too far from close street and will have a walk up to watch my second team......oh and thatto heath as well.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#56 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I may do that although I will have yet another conflict because I want the Cru to do well as well as all the Sintellins amateur clubs! My rugby league life is not straightforward ...

#57 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

I may do that although I will have yet another conflict because I want the Cru to do well as well as all the Sintellins amateur clubs! My rugby league life is not straightforward ...

It sounds similar to mine
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#58 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

the facilities at close street are excellent, anyone going by car it is just off elephant lane in the thatto heath area of sthelens, turn at the emmanuel church building and the club is just behind that.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#59 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I watch the eagles but also pick other matches last season I went to the hull derbie at the kc and that night bradford v leeds at osdal . Also watched afew other bradford games as well as huddersfield and wakey and doncaster.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#60 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Will prob watch hemel next year when it doesnt clash with Broncos. Dont think Ill be supporting the team though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users