Club news release

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Castleford Tigers head coach Ian Millward has named his squad ahead of Sunday’s away friendly with Hull FC; kick off 2pm.

He said “For me this first game is about us being consistent and competitive for the full 80 minutes. Individual players each have their own goals but it is ultimately about giving a good team performance.”

Steve Nash and Charlie Martin have not been included in the line up as a result of injury.

Tickets for the match are on sale now from the KC Stadium ticket office as well as on the day of the game.

The usual away stand, the North Stand, will not be open for the match so away supporters will be sat in the north end of the West Stand in sections W10 and W11.

Tigers Squad:
1. Richard Owen
2. Justin Carney
3. Michael Shenton
4. Jake Webster
5. Kirk Dixon
6. Rangi Chase
7. Jamie Ellis
8. Jonathan Walker
9. Daryl Clark
10. Craig Huby
11. Lee Gilmour
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Grant Millington
14. Jake Emmitt
15. Adam Milner
16. Nathan Massey
17. Oliver Holmes
18. Jordan Thompson
19. Jordan Tansey
21. Ben Johnston
22. Daniel Fleming
23. James Clare
25. Keith Mason

Claire Lakhera
Media Manager

Edited by Honor James, 10 January 2013 - 10:00 AM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hull playing 2 different side 1 each half so they shouldn't be much disruption to the game, man u liverpool a better option IMO

#3 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hull playing 2 different side 1 each half

Seems like a fitting tribute to Yeaman.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Castleford Tigers head coach Ian Millward has named his squad ahead of Sunday’s away friendly with Hull FC; kick off 2pm.

He said “For me this first game is about us being consistent and competitive for the full 80 minutes. Individual players each have their own goals but it is ultimately about giving a good team performance.”

Steve Nash and Charlie Martin have not been included in the line up as a result of injury.

Tickets for the match are on sale now from the KC Stadium ticket office as well as on the day of the game.

The usual away stand, the North Stand, will not be open for the match so away supporters will be sat in the north end of the West Stand in sections W10 and W11.

Tigers Squad:
1. Richard Owen
2. Justin Carney
3. Michael Shenton
4. Jake Webster
5. Kirk Dixon
6. Rangi Chase
7. Jamie Ellis
8. Jonathan Walker
9. Daryl Clark
10. Craig Huby
11. Lee Gilmour
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Grant Millington
14. Jake Emmitt
15. Adam Milner
16. Nathan Massey
17. Oliver Holmes
18. Jordan Thompson
19. Jordan Tansey
21. Ben Johnston
22. Daniel Fleming
23. James Clare
25. Keith Mason

Claire Lakhera
Media Manager

Decent squad on the face of it - need to stay injury free though!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hull playing 2 different side 1 each half so they shouldn't be much disruption to the game, man u liverpool a better option IMO

Even though it's a friendly, it's a testimonial for a player who's given ten years' service to Hull FC.

And at the end of the day, it's a RL match.

And you'd rather watch 90 mins of exaggerated theatrical diving?

Seems like a fitting tribute to Yeaman.

Boring.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yeah I would and I know Kirk and e even said e glad everton not playin on sunday

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Each to their own but I'm looking forward to getting back to the KC and seeing some live rugby.

Looks like we might have snow so we'll feel even more at home.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Half rime here, 10-6 to Hull. About 200 noisy Cas fans here, credit to them.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

26-6 full time. Decent work out for both teams.

#10 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Even though it's a friendly, it's a testimonial for a player who's given ten years' service to Hull FC.

According to his testimonial brochure he's scored 145 tries in 255 starts for Hull. Not bad service is it?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

According to his testimonial brochure he's scored 145 tries in 255 starts for Hull. Not bad service is it?

You managed to read that over somebody's shoulder yesterday?

Impressive.

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Did Yeaman get a good crowd for this one?

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Did Yeaman get a good crowd for this one?

About 5,500 so not a bad turnout.

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

You managed to read that over somebody's shoulder yesterday?

Impressive.

They read that bit out at half-time ;)

#15 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Top pro is yeamo deserves everything e gets well done kirk lad look forward to you destroying kr AGAIN

Edited by Hullfan, 14 January 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Good job the 5,500 who went didn't decide that Man Utd v Liverpool was a better option or else he'd have got very little.

Edited by Old Frightful, 14 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users