Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

hunslet ground to host rugby union

is this a first for hunslet

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#41 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Frankly,you are utterly clueless Marauder.Anyway,don't let the facts get in the way of your bigotry.

I'm clueless. ha, I've been telling you for years what the RFL have been after, all the Rhinos have done is take it and advance it, Hunslet will be no more except in name, they will be playing on a ploughed field for what, a few academy players who where never going to make the grade at the Rhinos but would have filtered down the food chain anyway, and why shouldn't I believe in what I think all by myself baaaaaa baaaaaa baaaaaa
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#42 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Stop trying to put a gloss on it, Rhinos are taking the ###### and IMO are overstepping the dual reg agreement - You can use our training ground and physio but we are going to send the union arm of the Leeds football club down to Fukc your pitch up but we will be getting the RFU money in our bank, yer OK.

Big brother bullying in my eyes.

Maybe if you actually found out the facts,you'd know that the game has been moved because the new pitch hasn't bedded in yet.
Nothing like an agenda is there?
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#43 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Maybe if you actually found out the facts,you'd know that the game has been moved because the new pitch hasn't bedded in yet.
Nothing like an agenda is there?

Well I did expect it to be because of the pitch

#44 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Stop trying to put a gloss on it, Rhinos are taking the ###### and IMO are overstepping the dual reg agreement - You can use our training ground and physio but we are going to send the union arm of the Leeds football club down to Fukc your pitch up but we will be getting the RFU money in our bank, yer OK.

You are hilariously paranoid. Its very funny to read.

Leeds Carnegie are using a council stadium in Leeds. They will have paid Leeds council for the privilege.

The pitch will not resemble a ploughed field after 1 game. Do you think Union clubs up and down the country lay a brand new pitch down after every game?

Its one game for christs sake. You and Keighley need to take those tinfoil hats off and calm yourselves down.
Posted Image

#45 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'm clueless. ha, I've been telling you for years what the RFL have been after, all the Rhinos have done is take it and advance it, Hunslet will be no more except in name, they will be playing on a ploughed field for what, a few academy players who where never going to make the grade at the Rhinos but would have filtered down the food chain anyway, and why shouldn't I believe in what I think all by myself baaaaaa baaaaaa baaaaaa

The only truth in this post is in the opening two words.
Posted Image

#46 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,939 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Well, if Hunslet wouldn't play ball and postpone their fixture, Leeds could 1) Call in all their loan players making it difficult for Hunslet to field a team 2) Cancel any joint marketing initiatives 3) Contact Leeds council about bidding for Hunslet's lease to give them control of the stadium 4) Demand instant repayment for any other loans or assistance given to Hunslet for purchase of surplus academy players to make up Hunslet's squad or make a bid to the Hunslet management for their team and either close it down or run it as they see fit putting such fixture clashes out of the question.

And if Cameron demands that they change the EU rules England and Germany will be at war again.

Sorry but the extrapolation is just about as immense.

You are Nostradaumos and I claim my £5.

Edited by Padge, 13 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#47 HK Hawk

HK Hawk
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hahahahaha what an absolute load of dross. Come back when you're in the real world pal.

#48 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hopefully theyll keep going south and eff off out of Yorkshire all together.

#49 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

your talking out of your assssssssss keithley

Maybe maybe not. If you think the relationship between Leeds and Hunslet is separate and equal and that Leeds are not the dominant partner, then that s your right. I think it s very much of an indentured servant kind of relationship and Hunslet will tip their forelock and do whatever Leeds want them to do. It s not a partnership of equals.

Until a situation occurs when Leeds compel Hunslet to do something they would rather not do, no one knows exactly which of us is talking out of their rear ends. It could well be you Suzzy.

#50 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

And if Cameron demands that they change the EU rules England and Germany will be at war again.

Sorry but the extrapolation is just about as immense.

You are Nostradaumos and I claim my £5.

People like you who are convinced they are right about everything are particularly annoying to those of us who are. :D

England and Germany are pretty close to equals and one cannot really bully the other.

Leeds and Hunslet are not even remotely equal on any scale you care to mention and I think Leeds will dictate many things to Hunslet that are in Leeds interests as this unequal and unloved partnership unfolds in the future.

You only think I am talking rubbish. You cannot know until things evolve one way or the other.

Do you think your patronising and condescending tone makes you right. I am as likely to be right as you. Call me when Hunslet s ground is frozen and they want Leeds to let them play at Headingley and postpone a Leeds RU fixture to accomodate them.f it happens I will give you your 5 pounds.

#51 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Leeds Carnegie are using a council stadium in Leeds. They will have paid Leeds council for the privilege.

The pitch will not resemble a ploughed field after 1 game. Do you think Union clubs up and down the country lay a brand new pitch down after every game?

Its one game for christs sake. You and Keighley need to take those tinfoil hats off and calm yourselves down.

There are none so blind as those that will not see. Maybe YOUR tinfoil hat is clouding your vision.

#52 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

As the rules were the same for a while the 1895 figure is incorrect.

There were immediate amendments in the rules. Not least the number of players on the field.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#53 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

You need to get your head from up your RFL ar@

#54 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,690 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

There are none so blind as those that will not see. Maybe YOUR tinfoil hat is clouding your vision.

Wonder who his paymasters are? since the reduction in RFL Development workers I've had a few only say bad about the leadership at the RFL.

#55 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hopefully theyll keep going south and eff off out of Yorkshire all together.

at last back to a comment i wholeheartedly agree with
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#56 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

The reason they are using the South Leeds Stadium is because it was the only ground available at short notice on the Saturday afternoon, all other options such as York, West Park, Otley, Huddersfield were unavailable.
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#57 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Call me when Hunslet s ground is frozen and they want Leeds to let them play at Headingley and postpone a Leeds RU fixture to accomodate them.f it happens I will give you your 5 pounds.

What fixture have Hunslet had to postpone for Carnegie's benefit?
Posted Image

#58 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Wonder who his paymasters are? since the reduction in RFL Development workers I've had a few only say bad about the leadership at the RFL.

Who are my paymasters? It most certainly isn't the RFL.
Posted Image

#59 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

You need to get your head from up your RFL ar@

In the post of mine you quoted, where exactly did I defend the RFL?
Posted Image

#60 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

What fixture have Hunslet had to postpone for Carnegie's benefit?

When did Hunslet own a ground?
why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users