• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

just passing on a tweet from Yorkshire Evening Post's RL writer Peter Smith:

I hear Fev Rovers will make a major announcement tomorrow. See Friday's #YEPleeds @leedsnews for full details. @InfoFevRovers #rugbyleague

#2 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

just passing on a tweet from Yorkshire Evening Post's RL writer Peter Smith:

I hear Fev Rovers will make a major announcement tomorrow. See Friday's #YEPleeds @leedsnews for full details. @InfoFevRovers #rugbyleague

I would imagine that it's the already telegraphed news that Mr Probiz is taking an equity stake in us and putting in a seven figure investment.

#3 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Bloody hell thats been kept quiet :lol: :lol: :lol:
chappy

#4 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

for sure, but didn't they say further details would be following?

#5 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Get a yep tomorrow and find out ;)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm sure Fev will release something too unless they have done a shrewd bit of business and sold the story to the papers. But if that was the case I doubt the yep would have wonπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

#7 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

http://m.yorkshireev...usive-1-5303946
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#8 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

a fair bit more flesh on the bones there.

#9 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Very exciting times ahead but as they stated we need to attract more fans and for that to happen the RFL has to allow us into SL .

Mark Campbell and the others that work at the club must be rightly BUZZING and proud as punch for achieving so much. He is definitely living every supporters dream of running the club that he loves and bringing back the glory years (hopefully if goes to plan)

I am buzzing again and a very proud capper.

Well done to everyone involved at the club.

Onwards and hopefully upwards the Fevolution marches on

Edited by Stratobill, 11 January 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

This is great news after all the years we have suffered through and the consortium on board too things just keep getting better and better for us hats off to mark, Craig and the rest of the BOD for pulling off a fantastic deal up the rovers.

#11 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Firstly I am very happy for you guys should the promises be met, but reading the YEP it says he becomes the major shareholder for this SIX figure investment with the money to be spent on ground and youth, I don't know how much you could spend more on team due to cap.
Ground developments are generally in millions so a few hundred grand will not go very far but I accept it will be a few hundred grand more than you had. Do the clubs shareholders own the land/ground assets?

#12 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Do the clubs shareholders own the land/ground assets?

No - the club owns them.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#13 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

and the club isn't owned by the shareholders? ie assets ringfenced under a seperate company?

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

and the club isn't owned by the shareholders? ie assets ringfenced under a seperate company?

No - legally, the shareholders own shares. They have no rights to the land itself.

#15 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

But the value of said shares will be influenced by profits and assetts, is the land part of the assets which will influence the value of said shares

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

But the value of said shares will be influenced by profits and assets, is the land part of the assets which will influence the value of said shares

Yes - it's a subtle difference but, if I'm a shareholder in Land Ltd, which owns a plot of land, I don't own the land. I can't sell my bit of the land that Land Ltd owns. The directors choose whether or not to sell Land Ltd's land - at which point my shares may be worth more - should I decide to sell (and can find a buyer - which is often a sticking point) or, of course, if the company is closed down.

Value of the shares ? Is that relevant ?

#17 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I accept something is only worth what somebody will pay for it at any given point in time, Leigh got caught out in the late 80's when cash was thrown at the team and the ground used as collaterall by the 'new' shareholders, result ground lost and administration. Philanthropist have no assets to fall back on, eg AT at Leigh recently, so will never recover any 'loans' or shares purchased.
He may well be a philanthropist in his actions here, the article was unclear.

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

I accept something is only worth what somebody will pay for it at any given point in time, Leigh got caught out in the late 80's when cash was thrown at the team and the ground used as collaterall by the 'new' shareholders, result ground lost and administration. Philanthropist have no assets to fall back on, eg AT at Leigh recently, so will never recover any 'loans' or shares purchased.

A cautionary tale indeed.

#19 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

I'd prefer to trust our Chairman and board on this rather than fans of other clubs.

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Mark and Craig are no mugs they will know the full extent of the deal and they will also know the alternatives. They wouldn't sign a deal without taking everything into account I'm sure of that. Instead of fans of other clubs trying to knock them or Faisal you should be praising them because i only see RL dying outside of SL in the not so distant future. At least they are trying to get out of this rut which is called the championship. And I for one am very grateful to them for that.

Edited by thundergaz, 11 January 2013 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users