"Major announcement on Friday"?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Sorry if I sounded like I was urinating on your parade, but this guy has history and I like Fev as a club and we had our assets ripped away late 80's by a white knight, plus you have a some top fans in Robin and his motley crew who are always willing to look after Frank and buy him ale..

Craig we know what this guy as done in the past etc. But everything he as said since he came to us as happened( except of course the top 6 SL club bit but hey it might happen) But what im trying to say is he hasnt given us fev fans anything to doubt is word yet. So for me personally until he says x. y and z and they dont happen then i have to put every bit of faith in him.

#42 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Craig we know what this guy as done in the past etc. But everything he as said since he came to us as happened( except of course the top 6 SL club bit but hey it might happen) But what im trying to say is he hasnt given us fev fans anything to doubt is word yet. So for me personally until he says x. y and z and they dont happen then i have to put every bit of faith in him.

You are right TG. I am not anti anybody, but a big pro Rovers. The points I have made are for consideration if it comes to a vote. We must not sell the land as it will bring in income if the right deal is struck.

#43 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

And why do you think we are making a loss ? because we are investing in our facilities so that we can in the longer term grow revenue streams. The losses we are making are nothing compare to the return they will show, for instance do you think 20 hospitality boxes grow on trees, or demolishing Scarborough grown cost pence. What we are doing at rovers is phenomenal end of......News stands and hospitality, extending pitch to host more matches, keeping a winning team on the pitch, full youth structure, producing SL standard players.

So your rather poor over simplification is rather weak. I mean when people like tescos want to expand it cost them money new store, land recruitment etc etc but it is a necessary price of success

What Griff is saying without saying it is that we were in danger of overtrading. That is putting money into capital projects and disturbing our cash flow. Again I say it, accounts are historical and have to be related to current events. The main one is that we have had a massive cash injection. The injector is not a creditor so this goes into the cash flow as unfettered cash and all the previous arguments about loss are immaterial.

#44 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Just what I was thinking James. :blink:
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#45 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just what I was thinking James. :blink:

Further Lingard (thanks for the agreement), his argument of renting against owning your ground bit the dust today as news came out that Sheffield Council may close the ground and they could have no home. Better to own your place eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users