Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Luke Tomlinson

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I was pleased to read in today's Press that Luke Tomlinson will probably get a game on Sunday against North Wales. He did really well when he came on at half time against the York Select and I thought for a lad to be stepping into the first team for the first time he played with a lot of confidence and looked very sharp and speedy. If the two other lads who may get a run out according to Peter Martini, Greg Minikin and James Morland, do as well as Luke did I'll be well satisfied.

#2 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

I was pleased to read in today's Press that Luke Tomlinson will probably get a game on Sunday against North Wales. He did really well when he came on at half time against the York Select and I thought for a lad to be stepping into the first team for the first time he played with a lot of confidence and looked very sharp and speedy. If the two other lads who may get a run out according to Peter Martini, Greg Minikin and James Morland, do as well as Luke did I'll be well satisfied.

Clarence st.
I dont think anyone had a bad game last Sunday,had a bit of a nervy start and i thought the select looked the better side for the first 20 mins or so but as the game went on and we settled down we played some good rugby at times, and should we produce the same display or better against the Crusaders on Sunday i will also be happy,it's a far cry from the dropped ball, missed tackles, one man up rugby we have had to suffer for the last two seasons, and just on this one showing think we can go to a game now with some air of confidence, early days yet but signs are looking very good, looking forward to the Welsh game having not seen them before and weather permitting, forcast not good around 2c.with some sleet and snow forcast late in the day, fingers crossed the game will be on
ala

#3 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Clarence st.
I dont think anyone had a bad game last Sunday,had a bit of a nervy start and i thought the select looked the better side for the first 20 mins or so but as the game went on and we settled down we played some good rugby at times, and should we produce the same display or better against the Crusaders on Sunday i will also be happy,it's a far cry from the dropped ball, missed tackles, one man up rugby we have had to suffer for the last two seasons, and just on this one showing think we can go to a game now with some air of confidence, early days yet but signs are looking very good, looking forward to the Welsh game having not seen them before and weather permitting, forcast not good around 2c.with some sleet and snow forcast late in the day, fingers crossed the game will be on
ala

I agree entirely ala.I just thought Luke Tomlinson was the one player I new nothing about before I went to the game and I came away chuffed that in him we seem to have another decent player, that's in addition to the ones I already new about. As you have said, the most encouraging thing for me was the way the whole team played together, yet this was their first run out. They looked well coached plus we had two proper half backs for the first time for a couple of seasons.

#4 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Having watched the game again, John, there were a number of real plus points. Simon Brown's kicking game was superb (though he will come under far more pressure once we get to the nitty gritty). Luke Stenchion carried the ball very well and made some real impact. Tom Carr's display at full back has already been well documented. Aaron Lyons had a solid game, notably in defence and both Sam Scott and Jas Golden went very well ( despite a couple of spills from JG ). Finally, once he settled into the game, Joe Hemmings got through some good stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users