RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Nahaboo has big plans for Featherstone Rovers (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Nahaboo has big plans for Featherstone Rovers

http://m.yorkshireev...usive-1-5303946

Add to this his investment already and it = 7 figures.Try not to turn this thread into personal battles and don't get it locked like the last one please!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#2 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sorry, already started by Sidney. Apologies Carl

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 11 January 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#3 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Beat you to it terry :P

#4 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

So not seven figures then, really.

Great for the game, but it would be better if we could attract spotlessly clean money (not for one moment that I'm suggesting Probiz do anything illegal - just something that's not very good for the country).
People called Romans they go the house

#5 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Can't you read or are you only looking for the negatives?

#6 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

“A consortium will follow my move and I expect Featherstone Rovers to be a dominant force in rugby league in years to come.”

Suggests significantly more investment to follow. Exciting time to be a Fev fan!
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#7 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Try not to turn this thread into personal battles and don't get it locked like the last one please!

I can only echo this sentiment. Keep it on topic and keep it civil. Thanks, everyone.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,703 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

How have Fev got money from a planet in Star Wars?
Great news. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 11 January 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#9 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Well I am excited , but like they stated we need to attract more fans and that won't happen until Super League allow us entry.

The Chairman must be proud as punch , must be every supporters dream to be able to deliver and achieve what he has for his beloved club. Thankfully his dream is now a reality after years of devotion and hard work, onwards and hopefully upwards The Fevolution marches on.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#10 pud80

pud80
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

this is great news for the club and the fans, the clubs been down on its knees at times but now everythings starting to look up again and its no more than the fev fans and the club deserves. all I keep hearing about in the area is wakey and cas but hopefully our time will come again and we'll be the dominant force of the three, some good and positive times ahead for the fev fans and its no more than the long suffering fev fans deserve

#11 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Good news for Fev.

Is the 6 figure investment over a number of years?

They already spend to the cap and run the Juniors. Does this mean the majority of the money will be going towards the ground renovations?

#12 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Great news, hopefully we can get the new fans that all the hard work deserves.

Well done to all involved, can't wait for Wakey on Sunday.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#13 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Good news for Fev.

Is the 6 figure investment over a number of years?

They already spend to the cap and run the Juniors. Does this mean the majority of the money will be going towards the ground renovations?

Looking at the article I'm making an assumption that Rovers coaching team have been given the nod to sign who they believe are the right calibre of player to do a job for us - when the time is right - and to continue to develop the junior/community portfolio.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

It's a right buzz being a fev fan at the mo after the years n years of very slim pickings!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#15 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Looking at the article I'm making an assumption that Rovers coaching team have been given the nod to sign who they believe are the right calibre of player to do a job for us - when the time is right - and to continue to develop the junior/community portfolio.

Will be hindered by the cap though. I would assume with Ellis, James etc that you will be near the cap already?

#16 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Pinching myself repeatedly, stuff like this just doesn't happen to Fev

Happy Days :D

#17 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

It really is cracking news for Fev, would much rather see a local Yorkshire team receiving this sort of cash boost.

All I will say is that it has been said before
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#18 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

all I keep hearing about in the area is wakey and cas

Oh come on you know that's not true - maybe a few years ago but certainly not recently
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

This is fantastic news and with the consortium on board too. Mark, Craig and the rest of our BOD have pulled off probably one of the best deals RL as seen in years and they deserve all the credit they can get.

#20 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

It would be absolutely brilliant to see the 3 local teams battling it out for a top six spot in Super League.

I know a combined team would be stronger but our area like Hull and many others is rugby mad and crowds will hopefully return for all three teams. We are in a recession at the moment remember so I don't think many top clubs are doing badly so when financial restraints ease then hopefully the game will flourish again.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users