League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Nahaboo has big plans for Featherstone Rovers (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

It really is cracking news for Fev, would much rather see a local Yorkshire team receiving this sort of cash boost.

All I will say is that it has been said before

It has been said before but maybe now the guy has finally found the right club, or the right chairman more to the point, all i do know is he has already given us several hundred thousand pounds so it isnt just hot air

#22 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

This is all very disappointing... how have I never heard the word "Fevolution" before?
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#23 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Good news for Fev.

Is the 6 figure investment over a number of years?

They already spend to the cap and run the Juniors. Does this mean the majority of the money will be going towards the ground renovations?

Personally i think the money would be wasted buying anymore players while in this league, we are either going to win the comp or come pretty close with the players we already have so there would be no point. Be better spent building for the future in my opinion,

#24 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

He's agreed terms to become a "major shareholder". If I was a Fev fan, I'd be interested to know when he will actually become a shareholder and what the size of his shareholding will be. When you fall out with a sponsor, you can move on quickly - when you fall out with a shareholder, it's not so easy.

Hope it works out - but this is not the first RL club he has been involved with.

#25 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Personally i think the money would be wasted buying anymore players while in this league, we are either going to win the comp or come pretty close with the players we already have so there would be no point. Be better spent building for the future in my opinion,

Absolutely right Dave! Get the ground sorted as quickly as possible and the infrastructure stronger than it is already and we're a shoe in foe SL next time around.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#26 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,949 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Unreserved and unequivocal congratulations to Featherstone Rovers in this achievement and in their ambition to win a SuperLeague licence. There is going to be some strong competition and I am sure the best candidate will win. Well done.

#27 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

This is just the sort of good news the sport needs if it is hard cash.

I can remember Salford ahving anumber of big money sponsorship deals but it turned out not to be hard cash but more of a mix of free advertising and cash.

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

This is just the sort of good news the sport needs if it is hard cash.

I can remember Salford ahving anumber of big money sponsorship deals but it turned out not to be hard cash but more of a mix of free advertising and cash.

I have no reason to doubt him where cash is concerned. Because he as already given Fev a few wads of money for players etc. So on that alone I have no reason to doubt him. He as been very true to his word up to now.

#29 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

its about the investment.

The investment is a few hundred thousand to be spread over both ground developments and players. It's not the rumoured 7 figures.

It's a strong investment for a Championship club but it's far from being an amount that would propel any team, even one already in Super League, to the top six.

All that said, it does put Fev in a strong position however the step-up to SL is decided. Franchising-wise they're showing a bit of nous and if it's playing terms they're doing most things right there too.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#30 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

“A consortium will follow my move and I expect Featherstone Rovers to be a dominant force in rugby league in years to come.”

Suggests significantly more investment to follow.

Just between you and me Terry I hope so.......

"Nahaboo has now set his sights on Rovers becoming a “top-six” Super League club. He said "I now intend to compete with the very best clubs in the UK. I expect our coach Daryl Powell to spend the funds wisely to enhance the squad when required".

You don't get a lot for several hundred grand. It will need at least several hundred grand every year.

Gotta go now before the insults start......

#31 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just between you and me Terry I hope so.......

"Nahaboo has now set his sights on Rovers becoming a “top-six” Super League club. He said "I now intend to compete with the very best clubs in the UK. I expect our coach Daryl Powell to spend the funds wisely to enhance the squad when required".

You don't get a lot for several hundred grand. It will need at least several hundred grand every year.

Gotta go now before the insults start......

Thats a fair point, maybe this is just the start?

Exciting times to be a Fev fan... gonna look like a different club in 12 months.

Cummins Out.

#32 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Look at crusaders they had a fan base of 200 and still got into SL.

In all three divisions Celtic C played in their crowds were as good as Featherstones.

#33 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

In all three divisions Celtic C played in their crowds were as good as Featherstones.

This is off topic. Stop it. Thank you.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#34 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

This is great news for Fev, especially if the consortium materialises and puts extra funding into the club. Kind of knocks the theories that no investor would ever fund any Cc clubs only SL clubs on the head.

It knocks nothing on the head. He's been looking to run a Superleague club, IIRC he didn't pursue things at Halifax, he didn't pursue things at Cas and has chosen Fev to put a few hundred grand into.

The man wants Superleague - all the rich people do - he may actually get it at the lowest possible price, which is what he may be looking at.

Don't expect millionaires to come flying into keighley based on this modest investment.

#35 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

he may actually get it at the lowest possible price, which is what he may be looking at.

Is that a bad thing?

#36 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

If Featherstone Rovers get a license, will this stop all the moaners out their who keep going on about licensing killing the chances of a small town team getting a SL license?

There are a few clubs in SL who have bigger average crowds than Fev's population!

Eye but Fev are the only 1 to get a crowd bigger than there population

#37 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Is that a bad thing?

No it's a fabulous thing. He's picked what he may feel is a winner.

He may feel he can really do things with the money he puts in.

Not sure if that makes Cas losers but they do seem to be in dire straits.

Halifax? Did he have any intentions towards them can you recall?

#38 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Eye but Fev are the only 1 to get a crowd bigger than there population

Everton get a bigger crowd than their population.

Fev have Pontefact and various areas to go at as has been said on these threads numerous times.

#39 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

No it's a fabulous thing. He's picked what he may feel is a winner.

He may feel he can really do things with the money he puts in.

Not sure if that makes Cas losers but they do seem to be in dire straits.

Halifax? Did he have any intentions towards them can you recall?

He made noises about marketing the club to potential investors in Qatar and supporting the SL bid etc. But he was only ever a sponsor at Halifax. No more, no less.

#40 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

He made noises about marketing the club to potential investors in Qatar and supporting the SL bid etc. But he was only ever a sponsor at Halifax. No more, no less.

Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users