Photo
- - - - -

Nahaboo has big plans for Featherstone Rovers (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Is this the point in the thread where we all srart going round in a circular fashion??? :rolleyes:

Not if I can help it. I've just shifted all the 'SL licensing v Promotion & Relegation' comments into a non-club specific thread of their own here to avoid this becoming the central discussion in this thread.

Please, everyone, stay on topic and use the appropriate thread to discuss the appropriate issue.

Thanks.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#62 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,077 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

If my club were in Fev's situation I'd be torn as to what I wanted. Remain the top club at Championship level (winning team, finals, trophies etc on a regular basis) or become a bottom 4 team in SL losing more than you win. I know there is a blind optimism about how they'd do at SL level but eventually reality bites and it'll remain to be seen if it was all worth it. Sometimes you should be careful what you wish for.

#63 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

If my club were in Fev's situation I'd be torn as to what I wanted. Remain the top club at Championship level (winning team, finals, trophies etc on a regular basis) or become a bottom 4 team in SL losing more than you win. I know there is a blind optimism about how they'd do at SL level but eventually reality bites and it'll remain to be seen if it was all worth it. Sometimes you should be careful what you wish for.

If it isn't going to bust the club, then if they have all in place they should go for it. They have 3 years to bed themselves in. If after three years they are struggling they can bow it gracefully saying we gave it our best shot, if they are competitive and holding their own then they just have to hope they are strong enough to stop someone from below grabbing the Achilles heel and pulling them down and stepping over them.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#64 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Nothing but admiration for Featherstone Rovers, what more can they do?

Winning team on the field
Progress off the field
Very good Junior programme
Improve the stadium

well done Fev

#65 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Nothing but admiration for Featherstone Rovers, what more can they do?

Winning team on the field
Progress off the field
Very good Junior programme
Improve the stadium

well done Fev

those a extremely key areas for a license and if the club have a healthy financial turnover then that's 4 boxes ticked, this isn't a dig but the people of featherstone need to get their bums on seats to give the club a higher bargaining tool than their rivals. widnes have found that the match day income is vital to the club moving forward and becoming more successful in super league, if fev do get the nod i can see an awful lot of parallels with my club, the first season is a write off from the start but after that a steady building process will give them a more competetive team on the park.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#66 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Wise words Viking, we desperately need more supporters to return and I dont think they will until SL is confirmed like it did when Widnes got the nod, attendances rocketed as soon as the announcement was made, Attendances as I remember did rise steadily up to then but soon as everyone realised the dream was alive then more attended.

I still look out for the Widnes results because we are in the same position as they were 3 years ago and it will be great following their growth this year.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users