• 694 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Asia????????

#3 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hastings United fans live, mostly, in Hastings & St Leonards, maybe Ore, or Sedlescombe
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#4 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,329 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I've long known that Mancunions are predominantly city fans is a myth, I'd say its about half and half.
Fides invicta triumphat

#5 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

My mate and his brothers, who are Man U fans, maintain that "Manchester is blue and City are welcome to it because Salford is red and that's all that matters!"

They are not Mancs, they are Salfordians and proud of it. They want Man U to be renamed Salford United.

Me, I couldn't care less where they live although there are too many United (and other big football clubs) fans in Swindon.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#6 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,683 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Amazing how many staunch Bradford City fans there are now in Bradford.
^_^

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Amazing how many staunch Bradford City fans there are now in Bradford.
^_^

I'm off to City today. Us diehard ST holders can't be doing with these glory hunters. ;)

#8 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

A mate of mine was stood outside old Trafford pre game and a group of Japanese came up to him and asked him to take a pic of them under the Munich clock?He replied Which one?they said pardon?he said which Munich clock?thewere 4 of them last time I was here

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 12 January 2013 - 02:29 PM.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#9 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I just wondered from the title of this topic who "United" are? Leeds United perhaps? Newcastle United? West Ham United? Scunthorpe United? Dundee United? Hartlepools United perhaps? I think we should be told! :lol:

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#10 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I just wondered from the title of this topic who "United" are? Leeds United perhaps? Newcastle United? West Ham United? Scunthorpe United? Dundee United? Hartlepools United perhaps? I think we should be told! :lol:

Its the new Yorkshire RL club, Calderdale United. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#11 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Its the new Yorkshire RL club, Calderdale United. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would that be Halifax RL, Dewsbury Rams and Wakey then? The only RL towns actually on the Calder

#12 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

I thought it was about biscuits!

LUNEW.jpg

#13 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,683 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Would that be Halifax RL, Dewsbury Rams and Wakey then? The only RL towns actually on the Calder

Strictly speaking, Halifax isn't on the Calder. The river passes through its boundary but not the town itself; the town of Halifax is on the Hebble.

Castleford is arguably on the Calder, as it is at the confluence of the Aire and Calder.

Edited by Wolford6, 12 January 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#14 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,319 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Strictly speaking, Halifax isn't on the Calder. The river passes through its boundary but not the town itself; the town of Halifax is on the Hebble.

Castleford is arguably on the Calder, as it is at the confluence of the Aire and Calder.

No Halifax isn't on the Calder,it's on the Hebble, but it is in Calderdale. Castleford however, is on the Aire, the confluence of the Aire and Calder occurs at Whitwood Mere about a mile west of Castleford town centre. I should know I worked at Whitwood Mere for ten years between 1981 & 1991.

#15 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I think it depends which side of Manchester you live Salford side has more reds than blues but Stockport side has more blue.I saw something recently about the season ticket holders of Man U and the majority were Greater Manchester. That's not the same as Man U fans that never go to a game.

#16 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,618 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Did anyone actually LOOK at the Premier League Twitter map, for it covers other club/city rivalries.

In terms of United fans who never go to matches, then it is quite hard to get tickets when a game is sold out. In addition, I think our game is dependent on fans who don't go to games but instead pay to watch on TV

#17 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Large number of people in Man U shirts at the SA v NZ cricket yesterday along with a smaller number of Liverpool ones. The commentators seemed very keen on soccer.
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#18 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Did anyone actually LOOK at the Premier League Twitter map, for it covers other club/city rivalries.

In terms of United fans who never go to matches, then it is quite hard to get tickets when a game is sold out. In addition, I think our game is dependent on fans who don't go to games but instead pay to watch on TV

Plenty are available for European games and cup games. Don't believe the hype that there are hge lists of people wanting season tickets. When my uncle died the club offered his season ticket firstly to my dad then asked if he knew anyone who wanted it. Not the actions of a club with these huge lists.

It does make me laugh whenever they interview fans outside Old Traffotd they always seem to find the non manc, whereas City always seem to have Mancs.

#19 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,329 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Plenty are available for European games and cup games. Don't believe the hype that there are hge lists of people wanting season tickets. When my uncle died the club offered his season ticket firstly to my dad then asked if he knew anyone who wanted it. Not the actions of a club with these huge lists.

To me that sounds like the actions of a club who want to maintain their support base.
Fides invicta triumphat

#20 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I bet I'm the only Norwich fan in BS5 - we don't even make the top 10! That said, NCFC are equal first in the Orkneys with Man Utd… who knew etc.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users