Photo
- - - - -

There must be one plot of land in London where the Broncos can build there own stadium?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

THEIR own stadium not THERE own stadium FFS!!

+1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#22 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

THEIR own stadium not THERE own stadium FFS!!

While the grammar police are in the vicinity can they please arrest anybody using a 'z' where an 's' should be in words like organisation. We aren't a ##### American colony yet. :angry:

rldfsignature.jpg

#23 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Wimbledon looking to build a ground

I doubt Norbiton would get sharing with the London RL franchise past their fans.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#24 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Some of you people are in the wrong job,you'd be perfect for Labours next Chancellor - spend money you don't have,on something which isn't viable,then blame someone else for its failure and leave others to pay the bill.

#25 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Some of you people are in the wrong job,you'd be perfect for Labours next Chancellor - spend money you don't have,on something which isn't viable,then blame someone else for its failure and leave others to pay the bill.

+1

#26 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

There must be a magic rainbow with a giant pot of gold at the end of it somewhere in London!

#27 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Make that +2.

#28 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Gracious,John and Martin will be very upset!

#29 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

share with sarries at there new 10,000 seater i pitch stadium in barnet could be the answer.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#30 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

share with sarries at there new 10,000 seater i pitch stadium in barnet could be the answer.

That'll be reverting back to an athletics stadium in the summer months.
Posted Image

#31 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

The same place they used to play at and moved out of <_<

#32 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,464 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

While the grammar police are in the vicinity can they please arrest anybody using a 'z' where an 's' should be in words like organisation. We aren't a ##### American colony yet. :angry:

-ize is the accepted spelling by Cambridge University and was standard in British English well into the twentieth century.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#33 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Or those on here that call it defense. Even the Deefence on TV makes me cringe.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#34 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Here we go again. It's THEIR!!

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#35 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Here we go again. It's THEIR!!

There,there,theres no need to get too upset about the misuse of the word their. They re only confused in their use of the possessive article.

#36 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

There,there,theres no need to get too upset about the misuse of the word their. They re only confused in their use of the possessive article.

You'll be getting pulled up for your missing apostrophes in a minute.

#37 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

You'll be getting pulled up for your missing apostrophes in a minute.

Yes indeed, that s what happens when I use this old laptop on which the apostrophe key is kaput. I try to get the same effect by using spaces. I apostrophise for that.

#38 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

For the benefit of those of you who do not subscribe as I do to a certain RL publication. Gus Mackay as given an interview to Ian Ramsdale which has confirmed much of what I have posted on here for the last 2 years.
  • The Broncos cannot afford their own stadium so are looking for a partnership with another sporting club probably a soccer one
  • The Club will move from Twickenham Stoop in 2014 as it cannot afford the rent
  • The Club now has soccer fans as its main target audience as an off season alternative
  • The Club wants to move to East London
  • Reading between the lines only a negative fan reaction prevented London moving to Gillingham last year.
  • Gillingham was the second biggest matchday revenue earner in 2012
Other points on this thread
  • London Scottish RFC are like their co-tenants Richmond RFC cashed up and would not countenance the Broncos as primary tenant
  • Blackheath RFC is interesting but would not meet licensing criteria and anyway as a Union ground does not find favour with the club owner
  • And you can take it as gospel from me London Broncos will never set foot at Allianz Park in Barnet.

So it looks like the Broncos becoming a revenue stream for Leyton Orient once the matchroom maestro admits defeat in trying to become West Ham's cuckoo in the nest at the former Olympic Stadium. As I have said before the RFL will not stand in the way of the club using a sub-10,000 capacity stadium because let's face it the club will not get five figure crowds under the current ownership. Personally I would prefer Dagenham & Redbridge as they do a decent bacon sarnie in the ground and I could pop into the "Codfather" chippy outside Dagenham East in the one season that will remain before the club goes belly up.

There is of course one tiny snagette which Mr Hughes the ex-Charlton Director has not factored in which is in any "partnership" with a soccer club the soccer club's feral fans will turn upon their board the first minute the soccer club is rumoured to be "propping up an ailing RL Club" remember Fulham, remember Northampton just recently and does not our owner remember his idea for Charlton Athletic RL was vetoed for the same reason by his then co-directors at the Valiants.

So here we have it the 2013 business model based on Lashings CC where David sits back and watches his XVIII give him some personal return on his considerable investment whilst the club ceases marketing activity in an area it no longer wishes to stay in, (a far cry from 1997 when the justification for the move from the valley was that because ofr the Fulham heritage the Broncos were a West London Club), community activity drops off,- execept in East London. Soccer fans get cheap ticket promotions, revenue shrinks and yet more of the hardcore fanbase drifts away regadless of one field results, as many will not go to East London.

Which reminds me, Barking is three stops away from Dagenham. As the club is determined to go to East London - but does not wish to divulge the "research" that supports its "10,000 every week" assertion supporting the move. Would it not be appropriate to have Barking as the setting for a Barking idea..

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#39 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

For the benefit of those of you who do not subscribe as I do to a certain RL publication. Gus Mackay as given an interview to Ian Ramsdale which has confirmed much of what I have posted on here for the last 2 years.

• The Broncos cannot afford their own stadium so are looking for a partnership with another sporting club probably a soccer one
  • The Club will move from Twickenham Stoop in 2014 as it cannot afford the rent
  • The Club now has soccer fans as its main target audience as an off season alternative
  • The Club wants to move to East London
  • Reading between the lines only a negative fan reaction prevented London moving to Gillingham last year.
  • Gillingham was the second biggest matchday revenue earner in 2012
Other points on this thread
  • London Scottish RFC are like their co-tenants Richmond RFC cashed up and would not countenance the Broncos as primary tenant
  • Blackheath RFC is interesting but would not meet licensing criteria and anyway as a Union ground does not find favour with the club owner
  • And you can take it as gospel from me London Broncos will never set foot at Allianz Park in Barnet.

So it looks like the Broncos becoming a revenue stream for Leyton Orient once the matchroom maestro admits defeat in trying to become West Ham's cuckoo in the nest at the former Olympic Stadium. As I have said before the RFL will not stand in the way of the club using a sub-10,000 capacity stadium because let's face it the club will not get five figure crowds under the current ownership. Personally I would prefer Dagenham & Redbridge as they do a decent bacon sarnie in the ground and I could pop into the "Codfather" chippy outside Dagenham East in the one season that will remain before the club goes belly up.

There is of course one tiny snagette which Mr Hughes the ex-Charlton Director has not factored in which is in any "partnership" with a soccer club the soccer club's feral fans will turn upon their board the first minute the soccer club is rumoured to be "propping up an ailing RL Club" remember Fulham, remember Northampton just recently and does not our owner remember his idea for Charlton Athletic RL was vetoed for the same reason by his then co-directors at the Valiants.

So here we have it the 2013 business model based on Lashings CC where David sits back and watches his XVIII give him some personal return on his considerable investment whilst the club ceases marketing activity in an area it no longer wishes to stay in, (a far cry from 1997 when the justification for the move from the valley was that because ofr the Fulham heritage the Broncos were a West London Club), community activity drops off,- execept in East London. Soccer fans get cheap ticket promotions, revenue shrinks and yet more of the hardcore fanbase drifts away regadless of one field results, as many will not go to East London.

Which reminds me, Barking is three stops away from Dagenham. As the club is determined to go to East London - but does not wish to divulge the "research" that supports its "10,000 every week" assertion supporting the move. Would it not be appropriate to have Barking as the setting for a Barking idea..

Some interesting points, I would like to stress though as I have done on many occasions that Stratford, Leyton and that neck of the woods is not a great catchment area for the Broncos, yes the Leyton ground is a nice boutique stadium but Leyton is now a very different area to what it was 20 years ago and I don't see it as the type of suburban style London area that could support a pro rugby league team.

Blackheath....your right the ground is below super league standard but, could it be developed by the Broncos and the union club with both being co tenants and a deal which would enable London to gain matchday and other revenues. Blackheath is in the heart of residential Greenwich and Greenwich has great potential as a rugby league borough due to it's suburban, historic nature.

White Hart Lane....I do think there's some potential there for the land to be bought jointly by the RFL, Skolars and Broncos and develop into a kind of London rugby league centre but having been to the stadium and local area I have some reservations especially as the ground is situated on a residential road in need of serious redevelopment, Tottenham are a few yards down the road and I was not surprised at all when they attempted to up sticks to the Olympics stadium.

#40 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Brentford.....if I would pick a ground share with the Broncos as tenants it would be this, more specifically moving into the new stadium would raise crowds and the catchment area, transport links and demographics are perfect on top of this Brentford aren't a huge club which would overshadow the Broncos. But as has been demonstrated if you move in as tenants and not co tenants then you don't have full control of your destiny and revenues. It would have to be a long term deal with scope for the club to have its own revenue streams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users