Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Live bands to rock Eastern Terrace fundraiser!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Click here to check out the latest e-release from Dewsbury Rams.

Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

#2 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Click here to check out the latest e-release from Dewsbury Rams.

Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

Already mentioned this Tom - but for various reasons I can't attend the terracing function (or any other evening ones for that matter), but I will contribute. Which account do I make a cheque payable to ?

Those unable to attend the evening who wish to make a contribution are encouraged to make donations through the club reception on home match days. A separate Eastern Terrace Funds account has been set up to support the project
Those unable to attend the evening who wish to make a contribution are encouraged to make donations through the club reception on home match days. A separate Eastern Terrace Funds account has been set up to support the project

#3 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Already mentioned this Tom - but for various reasons I can't attend the terracing function (or any other evening ones for that matter), but I will contribute. Which account do I make a cheque payable to ?

No begging letters from piggys mate please. :lol:

#4 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

If you call in at reception on a match day they'll give you all the info you need. Sorry I can't be more help - I'll try and get some details this week.

#5 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Let's hope this is well attended. Sounds like it will be a good night. Pete Emmett is a top entertainer (he didn't pay me to say that)

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

I've sent you a PM Grumpy. B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Looks like more snow for tomorrow,hope this fundraising event. is well attended,and doesn't get affected by the weather.

#8 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Id love to attend but im skint

#9 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Now that we have had the fundraising dinner,has there been a date set for the start of the work to commence? Maybe a question for Wilsden Ram.

#10 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Planning Application is still being processed. All questions that have been asked by the
Council have been answered. promptly. No objections have been lodged.

Kirklees Council (Fast Track) Target Date is 31st January 2013.

We are working to bring this forward if possible, but it looks unlikely as this is only 10 days away..

No work can commence until official permission is granted.

Weather permitting work will start almost immediately.

Unfortunately, because of the weather on Friday at least 30 attendees failed to make the dinner
and as a result the amount raised was not as much as we hoped.

#11 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the update Wisden Ram,shame that the snow spoilt the fundraising night on Friday.

#12 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I would be happy to make a donation to this project, wouldn't a bucket collection at the Fev game be possible?
Posted Image

#13 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

We had a Bucket Collection at the Halifax game and in truth, the amount collected was very disappointing
compared to the amount collected at the Bradford Bulls game for another worthy cause.

If you wish to make a Donation you can contact me by E-mail or hand in your contribution at the Club Office
and it will be paid in to the nominated Bank Account. When the project is complete, your Donation will be acknowledged.

#14 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah the HW radio picked up about £400 at the bradford game- if memory serves me right.

I never heard the PA announce or did I see an opportunity to contribute at the Halifax game for the terrace fund.

I will make a contribution at reception when we play Fev
Posted Image

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

We had a Bucket Collection at the Halifax game and in truth, the amount collected was very disappointing
compared to the amount collected at the Bradford Bulls game for another worthy cause.

If you wish to make a Donation you can contact me by E-mail or hand in your contribution at the Club Office
and it will be paid in to the nominated Bank Account. When the project is complete, your Donation will be acknowledged.

Leaving a cheque at the fev game - who do you want it made out to (BSJ said to the dewsbury rams is that ok?). What do I put on the envelope, just to the terrace fund organisers ?

#16 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

For the Halifax game I was in the South Stand and saw no-one doing a bucket collection.

#17 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

The lads from HWD radio stood outside the 2 entrances to the south stand and asked for donations as the supporters came in and then came around the terrace at h-time

I would imagine if we did the same against Fev for the terrace project and announced it over the PA as well we could raise a further £500+ as the crowd should be pretty decent
Posted Image

#18 barackoRAMa

barackoRAMa
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I was stood in the south stand for the Halifax game, and although our new cheerleaders are brilliant at performing on the pitch, unfortunately they are not very good at bucket collections. They did not mingle amongst the supporters and only walked along two rows of the terracing. Many people never even saw them collecting. I had to chase them to give a donation. We needed to be more 'in your face' as the HWD collectors were.

#19 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Any updates on the start of work on the terracing yet.hope to see some progress been made for the Fev game.