widnes vs worky...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Says on the widnes forum that some fans are boycotting the game against town on sunday???

http://www.trustinwi...ic,41722.0.html

Widnes squad is - Allen, Clarke, Craven, Davies, Dean, Flynn, Gerrard, Gilmore, Hanbury, Hulme, Isa, Joseph, Kavanagh, Leuluai, Marsh, Mellor, O'Carroll, Sarsfield, White, Winterstein.

Few first teamers in there, should be good.

#2 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Seems a minority have forgott why we have formed a partenership with them! It benifits them in the long run! if they dont want to back it why should Town even bother? And also, i think some of the Widnes fans have forgot that they were once in our position and were not an "attractive fixture" . I hope this dosnt put Town fans off travelling down.

Up The Town!!

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

To be fair the majority on that forum seem to think its pretty pathetic.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

More than a few first teamers ... That's a serious squad. Good test for us and obviously a real tune up for them

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

the worrying thing is that if there using some of the fringe players who are town going to 'borrow' for the game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

if you read what dennis betts said it was to give us a look at there fringe players so he is going to give them a run out, up the town

#7 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

the worrying thing is that if there using some of the fringe players who are town going to 'borrow' for the game.

Won't their fringe players be playing for Town as I doubt we have a full team anyhow ?

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Town have 17 which includes two triallists and Johnno our fitness conditioner. Of course there are still somehaven fans who think it was just an excuse not to play them!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

ill be truthfully honest, i think the low numbers indicates that we still need another 2 or 3 signings before the season kicks off. its all good and well saying weel be ok when the injured lads return but we dont want to be sat at the bottom of the division putting the returning stars under pressure to return quicker than they should. im a tad worried now that the start of the season is creeping up and we cant even field a side

Edited by wonky, 12 January 2013 - 06:01 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

come game week at swinton we will have another 4 from widnes minimum if we require them then a few back from injuries, we will have be fine, we need to have faith!!
we do have a lot of injuries but still 15 fit players who need game time and the 2 trialists to see how they fair!!

#11 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Town have 17 which includes two triallists and Johnno our fitness conditioner. Of course there are still somehaven fans who think it was just an excuse not to play them!!!

They're just gutted cos they know it was their only way of getting a result against us. Sad people from a sad little town
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#12 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

And bitter because they've lost gate money when we'll probably be better off.

#13 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Just looking at the lads we have signed on so far,Carter Miller Calders Mossop Morris Patrick Coyle Forber Callum Phillips Lupton Dowes Acton Thackery Shackley Coward Brett Phillips Stacky Olstrum Waine plus two top locals at training. Just looking at the pack i feel it will more than hold its own.With that in mind i think it will give our backs a chance to shine.UP THE TOWN

#14 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Fancy forgetting MATTY. and maybe some one else does any body know.???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users