Catalans

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Fantastic night in Carcassonne where around 1000 attended the official shirt presentation of the Dragons 2013. Before hand the team trained at Stade Domec and then paid homage at the statue of the legendary Puig Aubert.Its the first time they've taken the event out of the Perpignan area. Pics courtesy of astreizrix.
Posted Image
Posted Image
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#2 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

What a fantastic early engagement with the fans, wow 1000 fans..... Incredible, well done cats.

#3 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Very impressive,hope you have another successful season.

#4 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Incredible but it makes you think about the wisdom of starting a new SL side in Carcassone. How could any side compete with that?

#5 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

THERE WERE NO MORE THAN 803 THERE - FACT S :ph34r: B)

#6 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Incredible but it makes you think about the wisdom of starting a new SL side in Carcassone. How could any side compete with that?

has anyone talked about SL rugby at Carcassonne ?

Toulouse is the next french SL side if all goes to plan - Avignon and even another go at a Paris project would come well before ASC

#7 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Wow thats some photo at the top. Theres so much potential in France.

#8 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

has anyone talked about SL rugby at Carcassonne ?

Toulouse is the next french SL side if all goes to plan - Avignon and even another go at a Paris project would come well before ASC

Quite a few people think the Canaries should be given a chance but I agree that Toulouse is the only sensible option.

#9 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I was sat with Dave Foti and Alan Walsh both who post on here. We all thought it a super evening. They charged €10 which was great value with buffet included and huge amounts of wine provided some by the recently retired David Ferriol who was marketing his own brand. I reckion there wasn't far off a couple of hundred watching the afternoon training session too in the lovely winter sunshine. At the Dome event they showed a 15 minute video of 2012 highlights including obviously that try at St Helens!

Laurent Frayssinous introduced each player in person with all having a few words to say. It was quite an inclusive thing too - both the ASC Presidents were invited on to the podium and the new Federation President Carlos Zalduendo was present at the afternoon training session. The players didn't stay quite to the end but as is often the case here everybody was still enjoying themselves as midnight approached and the live band was still going strong. It wasn't just the locals as four bus loads of fans made the hour long journey north up from Perpignan. Club President Bernard Guasch was in his element. He looked like the cat who had got the cream off the milk. I think he had!

But it was a statement though about how a regionally based club can develop and expand here. For the moment though Carcassonne is Dragons country I think. Pics courtesy of Gerard Barrau.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by audois, 12 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.

"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"

#10 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

good to see you back in action Gordon - looking forward to the 'aude updates' - you have been sorely missed..

sounds like a good time was had by all - is the new stand at the Domec up and running yet ?

#11 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Having public shirt presentations like that is good.I hope Cats win something big soon
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#12 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

And Carcassonne is an hours drive from Perpignan. If Salford can't get into Manchester. . . .

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#13 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Carcassonne is smaller city than Perpignan. People from small cities will travel to big ones for jobs, sport, shopping etc but not vice versa.

#14 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Carcassonne is smaller city than Perpignan. People from small cities will travel to big ones for jobs, sport, shopping etc but not vice versa.

It was a joke! One step will take you from Manchester to Salford. :-)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

#15 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

It was a joke! One step will take you from Manchester to Salford. :-)

Many years ago before Pudsey became part of Leeds it was possible to throw a chip from pudsey to leeds
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#16 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Anyway, back on topic!

I know the Perpignan/Carcassonne area fairly well and the Dragons have done a fantastic job in getting that number of people to attend.

Well done!

#17 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

good to see you back in action Gordon - looking forward to the 'aude updates' - you have been sorely missed..

sounds like a good time was had by all - is the new stand at the Domec up and running yet ?

Cheers Peter.

Yes the stand is complete I think but new changing rooms underneath & may be other accessories await completion.

PS - Look after yourself and see you soon.

#18 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Cheers Peter.

Yes the stand is complete I think but new changing rooms underneath & may be other accessories await completion.

PS - Look after yourself and see you soon.

thanks mate et bonne récupération

planning to do reports for both franco v english games next weekend - weather permitting

will you be at either game ?

should be two entertaining encounters

#19 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Brill marketing, think our clubs and the RFLP could learn a thing or two from looking at that picture

#20 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

thanks mate et bonne récupération

planning to do reports for both franco v english games next weekend - weather permitting

will you be at either game ?

should be two entertaining encounters

Will probably take in the Avignon game next Saturday at Domec followed by Whitehaven week after. Hope also to make Dragons game against London in between.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users