Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Marketing / media / communications ideas

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Yes, but they are of Pakistani ethnicity, they are British by nationality.

...Which makes 'them' as British as you or I.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 12 January 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#62 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Exactly
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#63 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

So when they go to watch england v pakistan at cricket, they'll be draping themselves in the union jack as usual will they ? The fact is that many (not all) asian kids don't consider themselves british first and foremost, in the same way that many english born, second generation scots don't consider themselves english when it comes to aligning themselves with regard to nationality. It's one of life's facts, and I'm sure many second generation poms feel the same in australia (which also rubs up the oz populace big time I understand). It's also a fact that they are lucky enough to live in a country where they have the choice to be who they want to be.

#64 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

So when they go to watch england v pakistan at cricket, they'll be draping themselves in the union jack as usual will they ? The fact is that many (not all) asian kids don't consider themselves british first and foremost, in the same way that many english born, second generation scots don't consider themselves english when it comes to aligning themselves with regard to nationality. It's one of life's facts, and I'm sure many second generation poms feel the same in australia (which also rubs up the oz populace big time I understand). It's also a fact that they are lucky enough to live in a country where they have the choice to be who they want to be.

Couldn't agree more.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#65 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

And we are equally lucky to have been born here too, aren't we?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#66 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Exactly GOR, nothing wrong there
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#67 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

And we are equally lucky to have been born here too, aren't we?

I am proud to be ENGLISH (see, my xenophobia even extends to the jocks despite being partly of scots origin) - and yes I consider myself very lucky to have been born here - sometimes wish I'd been born in wigan or st helens though. :rolleyes:

#68 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

I thought this thread was about generating marketing ideas. Instead seems to have degenerated into the old pointless discussion about race/colour. Asian people are here to stay whether you like or not, whether you agree with how they live or not and as they are not interested generally in rugby, it seems an even more pointless debate.

Yes the club have tried and it is unlikely that Dewsbury or any other RL club will ever have a large Asian support. Advertising is about targeting people who may buy your product not wasting time and money on people who won't.