Ian Talbot Interview

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 no1 saints fan

no1 saints fan
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Your head coach Ian Talbot has given an in depth interview in the St Helens Star this week. It makes quite interesting reading. I thought I would come on here and point out a few things for you (if your interested):
  • Saints were not ecstatic when the edict came down to turn the league structures at youth and academy level upside down.
  • However, they have "got on with it" and will make it work.
  • Rochdale and Whitehaven can have a max of 5 players each week.
  • Talbot will have a full time role at Saints as our community coach.
  • He says that "in Rochdale we are teaming up with a club with a proud history - we don't want to be seen to be taking their identity off them. They have a big history and a good future ahead of them".
  • The article says that Talbot has vowed to get Hornets back where they belong at the first time of asking.
  • He has moved training nights from the Pennine mill town to Saints' facilities at Cowley to assist the process.
  • He says that a lot of players have come on board because we are based in St Helens.
  • He has used Owen Livesey and his contacts to do some judo sessions, which will help with tackle technique.
  • He says that an established club like Rochdale should not be in this development division. He will work hard and put all his efforts into getting the club out of it and into the Championship.

I think you can probably expect players like Anthony Walker, Jordan Hand and Nathan Ashe to be made available to play for you. They all played in our friendly against Huddersfield last night and they all impressed.

Sorry it's all a bit long, but I thought you might be interested.

#2 apiarist

apiarist
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Many thanks for taking the time to post that here No 1. Its good to see Mr. Talbot's view and as its our first friendly of this year tomorrow, I am sure plenty of fans will find it "interesting". Cheers and we hope to see you at ours on the 25th of this month !

Edited by apiarist, 13 January 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Yes, thanks for your input pal. Positive posts are always welcome on here and anything that sheds a bit more light on the 'relationship' is welcome. There are still a few people who are either against it or undecided.

We get our first chance to see what Ian Talbot has done since taking over tomorrow and in the past these games with the Rochdale Town team have been very hard-fought affairs. Saints are well known for producung many super young players and we should be able to put up a good show with their help along the way.

I hope that a good number of Saints fans will come over on Friday week to see us take you on in a friendly.

Thanks again.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 no1 saints fan

no1 saints fan
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yes, thanks for your input pal. Positive posts are always welcome on here and anything that sheds a bit more light on the 'relationship' is welcome. There are still a few people who are either against it or undecided.

We get our first chance to see what Ian Talbot has done since taking over tomorrow and in the past these games with the Rochdale Town team have been very hard-fought affairs. Saints are well known for producung many super young players and we should be able to put up a good show with their help along the way.

I hope that a good number of Saints fans will come over on Friday week to see us take you on in a friendly.

Thanks again.

Pugwash.

No problem mate. I'm sure its the same at every club. Not everyone is keen on this whole 'partnership' thing. But we will see how it plays out as the season goes on.

I will be there on the 25th for the friendly. £10 to watch a game of rugby. You can't moan at that. Just a quick question. I haven't been to your ground before. Will it be seating or standing for the away fans?

Saints announced today that the team we will be sending over will contain both first team squad players and the next generation of first team players who will be part of the new Under 19s competition. Not sure how many fans will travel across.

Good luck for your game tomorrow btw.

#5 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

there will only be the main stand open for both sets of fans with no reserved seats so we can sit together have some friendly banter and enjoy a good game of rugby league
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#6 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

parking is available at the stadium at 3 pounds and just to add to the above it is all seating
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#7 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Thanks for sharing this with us No 1 Saints fan.
I to am looking forward to seeing the famous red vee run out at Spotland in a couple of weeks.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users