Steve

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Sadly Steve Mc's father passed away yesterday.
Heartfelt sympathies to Steve and his family at this sad time.

#2 deb

deb
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Had the pleasure of meeting Steve Mc's dad couple of years ago. Lovely gentleman. My thoughts are with Steve and his family at the sad time

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Sad News.
My thoughts are with Steve and his family

#4 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

My thoughts and sympathies with Steve and his family

#5 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I can only echo what's already been posted.

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#6 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

With deepest respects. RIP
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#7 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm 99% certain of this, but can someone confirm that this is Jim McCormack, who played for us (Oldham) in the 1960s?

Ta

#8 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm 99% certain of this, but can someone confirm that this is Jim McCormack, who played for us (Oldham) in the 1960s?

Ta

it It is Afi. On the roughyeds website.Condolences to Steve mac and family.

#9 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Very sorry to hear of Steve's sad news. Having recently lost my father, I can understand to an extent, what Steve and his family are going through. My heartfelt condolences go to them.

How proud must Steve have been at his Dad's achievement in representing a powerful Oldham side? I notice that Vinny Nestor, another former Oldham stalwart, has also passed on. When you think back to what a superb team Oldham (and Swinton) had in those days, it makes you yearn for the 'what goes round, comes round' philospophy, when teams like Oldham, Swinton (and of course Leigh! ;) ) are back on top of the pile!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users